Carbon Fibre Skinning Service

DannyBoy

Well, after a LOT of development, I'm pleased to say that I can now offer a carbon fibre skinning service that genuinely produces fantastic results! After trying the publicised DIY methods, and finding the methods and materials pretty lacking for anything other than simple shapes, I've spent some considerable time trialing different materials and working out a process that produces consistently good results.

Such as this 350z centre console:

carbon1_zpse5c30ffd.jpg

carbon2_zps7b29f043.jpg

carbon3_zpsf5a27497.jpg

This is a layer of real carbon fibre bonded onto the original part. Not vinyl, not hydrographics, real carbon fibre. When done right, this process adds so little extra thickness that there will be no fitting issues, even on close-fitting interior parts. I can now do this to almost anything, but will be sticking to cosmetic interior parts until I can do some more testing on how structural the extra layer of carbon is.

In the near future I hope to be offering an exchange service on main interior parts, but for now this will work in the following way:

PM me for a quote or to discuss options (payment will be in advance due to the custom nature of the service)

Send me the pieces you want skinned

I do the work, this will usually take between two and three weeks depending on the size/number of parts

I send the parts back to you (postage included in price)

My current supplier can provide red, blue and green coloured fabrics and silver fabric, and these options are available at no extra charge. I have another supplier who could provide a wider range of colours but this will be more expensive. I can also get hold of a very fine weave fabric that very closely imitates pre-preg, again this is more expensive. Modifications to the parts is also possible, so for example blanking off unused switches or creating space for new ones, no real limits on what can be changed prior to skinning!

Remember this doesn't just have to be dash parts; it can be door sills, rear strut brace covers, switch covers, even whole door cards if you want.

This service is ready to go now, so PM me for details if you are interested.

DB

Ps. can an Admin contact me re: member trader fees, I have PM'd but had no reply. Thanks.

looks impressive B) , ive seen a video of it on youtube where someone is trying to do a wing mirror and it looks tricky.

does it only come in gloss carbon finish or can it be done like the 'dry' carbon finish like they get from pre-preg parts?

looks impressive B) , ive seen a video of it on youtube where someone is trying to do a wing mirror and it looks tricky.

does it only come in gloss carbon finish or can it be done like the 'dry' carbon finish like they get from pre-preg parts?

Dry carbon finish can be done as well :thumbs:

What's the rough ballpark for entire centre console, before I contemplate robbing a bank...

to give people a rough idea, the piece above would be £250 (primarily because it's such an arse to do), with the gear surround/upper dash combo being £200. So £450 for the whole central cabin section. Door switch covers would be £50. To put it in perspective that's hundreds of pounds cheaper than the RSW kits (If you can get them) which don't include the centre console (I.E the biggest part) for something that doesn't look stuck-on. :thumbs:

This looks ace. Think my boyfriend might want his centre console doing on his R34 Skyline !!

Doesn't need to be Zed parts :thumbs:

Can I have further price enquiries via Pm please. As I do projects and work the costing out I will add them to a price list in the first post.

DB

Dry carbon finish can be done as well :thumbs:

What's the rough ballpark for entire centre console, before I contemplate robbing a bank...

to give people a rough idea, the piece above would be £250 (primarily because it's such an arse to do), with the gear surround/upper dash combo being £200. So £450 for the whole central cabin section. Door switch covers would be £50. To put it in perspective that's hundreds of pounds cheaper than the RSW kits (If you can get them) which don't include the centre console (I.E the biggest part) for something that doesn't look stuck-on. :thumbs:

That.........is some good value right there.

Excellent work mate :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That does look very good indeed, any images with it fitted back in the car yet ?

In an ideal world it would be good to send the dash parts (etc) to you, and you send one out that has been done already.

I presume the edges wouldn't get snagged and curl up like I'd imagine typical stick on kits would do ?