This week my new tool is.....

Ricey

A blowtorch.......I'm just an otter away from perfection now.

Seriously though its another gratifying progression along my path from spoddom to release a seized bolt by applying heat.

Sadly it was ruined slightly by the fact I've just spent 8.5 hours changing the REAR brakes on an astra! Well technically 7.5 hours changing one and 1 for the other.

My favour to a friend has cost me a 25 quid blow torch and a 55 quid piston rewinding kit! Still it all adds to the ever growing stash!

Ricey Shed

If you want things fixing head to the Zed Shed

If you want your electrics blown or car on fire head to the Ricey Shed :teeth:

Oi! I resemble that remark!

I've still not worked out that business on the Audi with the puddle light......proper annoying.

Electrics are apparently not my forte though.......mum rang the other day to tell me the wall lights I fitted for her which had subsequent not worked for 2 years have been fixed. The live wire had some loose, I hadn't earthed them and they were when turned on a giant live conductor of 240v for anyone that may have touched them :scare:

Ricey Shed

If you want things fixing head to the Zed Shed

If you want your electrics blown or car on fire head to the Ricey Shed :teeth:

Oi! I resemble that remark!

I've still not worked out that business on the Audi with the puddle light......proper annoying.

Electrics are apparently not my forte though.......mum rang the other day to tell me the wall lights I fitted for her which had subsequent not worked for 2 years have been fixed. The live wire had some loose, I hadn't earthed them and they were when turned on a giant live conductor of 240v for anyone that may have touched them :scare:

Beavis will cringe :headhurt::surrender:

Beavis and any other spark would cringe and rightly so. I just need to stay the hell away from electrics.

I don't understand electricity and I acknowledge that I don't have the sufficient respect for it which is a dangerous combination!

Or fashion! Looking at your previous endeavours!

:lol: meeeooow!

Oi knobs naff off!

Another bloody friend turned up today with his brake screeching so I finished off the service on the astra and cracked on with a sharpish 2 hour turnaround on his rear brakes too!

Another valuable lesson learnt........twatting a disc that's stuck on with a hammer and burning the crap out of it with a blow torch will not help if the frigging handbrake is still on :doh:

This was one of the pads I took off! :scare:

f7582c38059fdf8d5675cc347caf5f63.jpg

8daaee8f389d149dd363cb652cf706f7.jpg

Sundays learning point.

When changing a pollen filter do no mistake the passenger airbag assembly for the pollen filter flap and end up with the assembly in you hand which makes you feel like you have a bomb in your palm.

How can you even mistake the 2 is beyond me but I managed it!

Sundays learning point.

When changing a pollen filter do no mistake the passenger airbag assembly for the pollen filter flap and end up with the assembly in you hand which makes you feel like you have a bomb in your palm.

How can you even mistake the 2 is beyond me but I managed it!

:lol: