Letting the Mrs drive the Zed

smudgedon

Not only that:

What about if she careers into a coach full of Nobel Prizewinners who happen to be on a day out with Bill Gates and his whole family and the coach is towing a Bugatti Veyron and an aircraft pilot who witnesses the scene whilst taking off from a nearby airport loses concentration and crashes into the main town centre. Then where would we all be?

If Bill Gates is on the coach can we not just close all the windows and re start it - everything will then be fine again :shrug:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only that:

What about if she careers into a coach full of Nobel Prizewinners who happen to be on a day out with Bill Gates and his whole family and the coach is towing a Bugatti Veyron and an aircraft pilot who witnesses the scene whilst taking off from a nearby airport loses concentration and crashes into the main town centre. Then where would we all be?

If Bill Gates is on the coach can we not just close all the windows and re start it - everything will then be fine again :shrug:

:lol:

Not only that:

Should be ok but it'll probably stall once :)

i thought about including 'careering into a procession of joggers a la Grand Theft Auto 2 stylee, but then thought they probably wouldnt be running along a dual carriageway...

I only speak from experience - having done the exact same thing myself when i first got my hands on a rwd car - luckily no one was around to hit.

Heres a sweeping generalisation here - women hit more things, slower... and men hit less things, faster. so on that assumption, letting a 23 year old girl loose in a powerful car on a motorway would be safer than a 23year old guy.... however, if it was parking your zed in a busy car park, id rather the guy (as proved in this case!)

:snack:

I don't recall ANY of the female zed owners on here reporting that they had ditched their zeds......lots of blokes though.

Purely a numbers game though

Id guess that male to female members on here are 1 female in every 100 males

So of course you would see more blokes ditching the car

I don't recall ANY of the female zed owners on here reporting that they had ditched their zeds......lots of blokes though.

Purely a numbers game though

Id guess that male to female members on here are 1 female in every 100 males

So of course you would see more blokes ditching the car

Yes of course, you'd see more, but I've not seen or heard of ANY.

In six years.

Lots of blokes hitting 'black ice' or random 'patches of oil'.

Just sayin.........

Wow, is it 1952 here in this thread?????

Smudge, I know your young but you obviously don't understand women yet.

If my wife asked to borrow my car, whatever it was, to go see friends/family, I would.

I'd be concerned, but I'd let her do it.

Before she asked you she probably thought she had a great BF, with a nice car, doing well for himself at a young age. She obviously sees your car as something to aspire to and couldn't wait to drive it up and show it (and subsequently you) off to her friends/family. If it all goes well, your well in the good books with her friends, family but most importantly HER.

Now she thinks that your tighter than a mouses ear for quibbling over £40 of petrol, who's paranoid over an 8 year old Nissan which is probably not worth a great deal more than her car. She probably thinks your more in love with the car than her. She also rants to her mates about it who also think your a chump. Now, as a woman, she starts to think about the future ( :wacko: ); if he's like this now what will he be like when we are married?? Is this the sort of person I want to be with??

My Mrs (she wasn't my wife at the time) begged me to let her take my Gallardo over to a friends to take her out for lunch as a surprise. Did I want to let her? No. Did I yes. Because when she came back from wafting around birmingham with her mate, she was over the moon, as was her mate who still goes on about it now. After a quick check over the car, I was suitably rewarded for my trust ;)

SPOT ON SARNIE :thumbs:

Agreed.

It's obvious myself, Sarnie, jay and a few others are on the same wavelength.

Wow, is it 1952 here in this thread?????

Smudge, I know your young but you obviously don't understand women yet.

If my wife asked to borrow my car, whatever it was, to go see friends/family, I would.

I'd be concerned, but I'd let her do it.

Before she asked you she probably thought she had a great BF, with a nice car, doing well for himself at a young age. She obviously sees your car as something to aspire to and couldn't wait to drive it up and show it (and subsequently you) off to her friends/family. If it all goes well, your well in the good books with her friends, family but most importantly HER.

Now she thinks that your tighter than a mouses ear for quibbling over £40 of petrol, who's paranoid over an 8 year old Nissan which is probably not worth a great deal more than her car. She probably thinks your more in love with the car than her. She also rants to her mates about it who also think your a chump. Now, as a woman, she starts to think about the future ( :wacko: ); if he's like this now what will he be like when we are married?? Is this the sort of person I want to be with??

My Mrs (she wasn't my wife at the time) begged me to let her take my Gallardo over to a friends to take her out for lunch as a surprise. Did I want to let her? No. Did I yes. Because when she came back from wafting around birmingham with her mate, she was over the moon, as was her mate who still goes on about it now. After a quick check over the car, I was suitably rewarded for my trust ;)

SPOT ON SARNIE :thumbs:

Agreed.

It's obvious myself, Sarnie, jay and a few others are on the same wavelength.

+ 10000000 :thumbs:

No matter how much I offered for Mrs DoogyRrev to take my car out..... she never really wanted to. I think she drove it once or twice. Was I worried when she did... not really.

@ Sarnie - I would have suitably rewarded you as well if you had ever let me drive your Lambo :lol::lol:

Caroline has had her roadster for 2 years and apart from some minor kerbing hasn't had any problems keeping it on the road. She drives faster than me (who doesn't :lol: ) but has excellent awareness and very few faults. She was more mature than most when she learned to drive, 42 I think and completely avoided the hooligan stage that people who pass their test in their late teens or early 20's go through ;) . She can drive my Zed any time she pleases really, I trust her 100% :thumbs:

Pete

Gotta love a good thread that sparks debate ;)

FYI the Mrs is 23 and has been driving 3 years. In that time she's had various bumps, 1 accident that was her fault and a TS10 (going through a red light)

I trust her driving in the corsa but she often does silly things like undertake people, not enough observation at junctions and she's god awful at parking. (DISCLAIMER - NOT ALL WOMEN ARE BAD AT PARKING, BUT THIS ONE IS)

I'm back from my travels now anyway so the time has gone. No doubt she'll ask to drive it again and I'll let her on a fairly empty road with me as a passenger. The whole issue was with her doing a 200mile trip on her own with me out of the country. No way I could have helped or made sure she and the unfamiliar car to her was ok

To avoid looking a bit twuntish might it have been an idea to relay this information in the original post :doh:

Gotta love a good thread that sparks debate ;)

FYI the Mrs is 23 and has been driving 3 years. In that time she's had various bumps, 1 accident that was her fault and a TS10 (going through a red light)

I trust her driving in the corsa but she often does silly things like undertake people, not enough observation at junctions and she's god awful at parking. (DISCLAIMER - NOT ALL WOMEN ARE BAD AT PARKING, BUT THIS ONE IS)

I'm back from my travels now anyway so the time has gone. No doubt she'll ask to drive it again and I'll let her on a fairly empty road with me as a passenger. The whole issue was with her doing a 200mile trip on her own with me out of the country. No way I could have helped or made sure she and the unfamiliar car to her was ok

To avoid looking a bit twuntish might it have been an idea to relay this information in the original post :doh:

:lol:

My wife rarely drives my car, but every so often she'll ask to borrow it if she's taking only one friend out for the day.

I've no problem with it.

In fact, I've given her my helmet and let her take it down the drag strip (not this car, last one). She's a good driver fortunately.