Arran's Azure 350 GT, Exhaust autobahn video finally 9/10/14

Arran

Got some more updates to add, Got my wheels back today from being powdercoated in my special colour, properly happy with these they look awesome in the flesh when the colour changes in different light.

20130910_183157_zpsd7b707c8.jpg

Been compiling a oil cooler kit myself as the kits out there are not up to the spec i want so decided to make a kit up myself. Will be installing an oil temp gauge to go with the oil pressure gauge as standard aswell so i can keep an eye on things when im on track should be a real important mod even for fast road driving

Spec of the kit is as follows

19 row mocal oil cooler

92 degree mocal thermostatic sandwhich plate

4x 90 degree aeroquip socketless an10 fittings (red/blue)

3m of aeroquip an10 socketless hose

2x mocal rubber mountings

20130910_184505_zps5e967161.jpg

Evo red led oil temp gauge

a pillar 52mm gauge pod (going to adapt it to standard a pillar trim)

R spec temp sensor port sandwhich plate

Jdm clear front bumper reflectors

20130910_185036_zpse7911884.jpg

7l fuchs titan race 5w30 ester synthetic

HKS sports oil filter

Blox magnetic sump plug

20130910_185006_zps408d5fd9.jpg

Wheels will be on in a couple weeks i reckon going to seal them up first

Cant wait to get all the kit on will be a different car :lol:

Edited by Arran

Thanks guys, yeah really pleased how this car is coming along even more so because I said at the beginning it was going to stay standard :lol: turned into a great machine and best still to come.

The wheels im so happy with they look sweet, ordered some gold steel nuts to finish it all off :wink:

Cheers sam, cant wait to get everything on as it will be done all at the same time, clutch/flywheel, oil cooler, rocker covers and then manifolds. Should completely change the car again!

I got my plate from fancy plates fella 17 quid was rude not to

• 1 month later...

Time for another entry, Many more parts have arrived and the pile of bits to fit is rather large :lol: However it will all be fitted soon just need to confirm a space to use so we can get the engine out and install it all. To say im looking forward to it is an understatement :teeth: so looking forward to how the car is going to change and get even better again!

So first up, i got my wheels and nuts fitted last week so happy with these they do make the car as a whole. I will get a picture of the whole car when its clean and ready for a photo, i must say im very impressed with the wheel nuts aswell they are from demon tweeks and they seemed to be the only nuts around i could find that i needed which was they had to be gold, had to have a locking tool and had to be steel. I dont think ive seen anyone using these before but im happy to say if anyone is looking for nuts that need to meet the same criteria as i did then go for them, they do them in green to! The quality is great, no marks made when fitting.

20131003_182800_zpsa56ac9c2.jpg

Next up is the LED kit Chris (cs2000) has recently compiled, Ive been on the lookout for LEDs ever since i got the car but never knew which ones to go for so when Chrs decided to do a kit using the best available i jumped at the 1st set :lol: Got them fitted this evening, Im saving the front sidelight ones for when the headlights come out when the engines being done so much easier, also i didnt opt for the vanity mirror lights as i like the as they are. For the money i dont think Chris' kit can be beaten especially when it comes with a plastic pry tool and instructions! Cheers Chris B)

Dome lights

20131012_193209_LLS_zpscc8de4f9.jpg

20131012_193312_zps91ee0f33.jpg

Boot light

20131012_194006_LLS_zpsad140194.jpg

Side repeaters

20131012_194419_LLS_zpsa5de719c.jpg

Number plate

20131012_194219_zps9472f541.jpg

The last of my engine build parts are now stockpiled with the rest :D

Genuine Rocker covers (Thanks Alex, cheapest by a fair bit even with my Nissan discount!)

20131012_194854_zps54127670.jpg

Genuine rocker cover gaskets and crankshaft pilot bearing, spring and washer also an uprated chromoly steel clutch pivot ball (Courtesy of Alex again)

20131012_194741_zpsf47202be.jpg

Competition Clutch ultra lightweight steel flywheel (As usual impeccable service and customer care from Mitz at Cougar Store, Cheers mate! B) ), Genuine flywheel bolts

20131012_200439_zpsbd7a5829.jpg

Exedy organic clutch kit with uprated Koyo release bearing (again everytime i purchase from Mitz at CS is 110%, Spending ££££ on the beast never felt so secure and anything i need at the end of the phone!)

20131012_201110_zps0a6552f3.jpg

Denso iridium spark plugs and genuine coolant (Got the coolant free so that saved £50! Thanks Nissan B) )

20131012_203842_zps9663d5e1.jpg

Xenons online 6000k 35w HID D2R dipped beam bulbs and Chris' LED sidelight bulbs

20131012_200327_zps5f5410b9.jpg

Once this is all on the car is pretty much complete, I know its already a properly capable car but the thought of driving it properly when everything new is on and bedded in is getting me SO excited :D

So as it stands the next time i update this it should all be fitted, cannot wait!

Cheers for tuning in all B)

Arran

Edited by Arran
  • Like 1

Hello Arran, I should hate you as after an hour or so reading all this I'm now itching even more to start modifying my week old 350Z. :lol: Already done some small bit's myself but this build thread makes me want to go all out. Great car, great mods and great colour too. B)

Cheers guys, yep im definitely loving the wheels makes the car now!

I thought it was going to stay standard (ish) but over the year ive had it its anything but :lol: dread to think the amount spent

however its now and will be even more a properly awesome machine, does everything for me. Long comfy journeys, track days and fast road blasts plus being a daily. Great car!

Cheers guys, yep im definitely loving the wheels makes the car now!

I thought it was going to stay standard (ish) but over the year ive had it its anything but :lol: dread to think the amount spent

however its now and will be even more a properly awesome machine, does everything for me. Long comfy journeys, track days and fast road blasts plus being a daily. Great car!

That's the dream. ;) I had hoped for that with a 96' JDM Impreza WRX that I used to own but after spending tens of thousands on it and having the engine destroy it's self twice (not to mention diffs/gearboxes etc) I'd had enough and bought a more reliable Honda Type R instead. Unfortunately though I wasn't very inspired to do much to the Honda and just enjoyed it as it was pretty much for three very reliable years. Now I have my first Zed I'm in love again and really want to make it how I want it. :thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So a big update, last saturday got round to fitting the Clutch/flywheel combo along with the exhaust manifolds. Whilst interesting to see how well these cars are built (at least compared to BMWs anyway :lol: ) and how it all comes apart its not a job ( the manifolds that is) that will be undertaken again. Could not have done it for a start without two technician mates, its not as bad as we thought it would be but certianly takes time and patience. The gearbox was out anyway so that would have made it easier god knows what it would be like with it still there!

Still got the oil cooler and rocker covers to fit but that will be done in the next few weeks, heres some snaps of the process

Exhaust and prop off

20131123_085928_zps3ac68255.jpg

Gear selector out

20131123_085936_zps8ddc526f.jpg

Gearbox on its way down

20131123_091644_zps729a48a5.jpg

Old clutch

20131123_093016_zpsaed786a6.jpg

New Flywheel (Sooo light compared to the OEM dual mass)

20131123_095035_zps48ed860e.jpg

Old flywheel (Nice heat spots :lol: )

20131123_095109_zps24a4397e.jpg

Found a very slight coolant weep on the throttle body hose, most easy fix ever just undo clip, slide pipe right up and tighten clip. Job done

20131123_105536_zpsfa19dbf3.jpg

Drivers side space or lackoff for manifolds

20131123_110116_zps69a0de9a.jpg

OEM manifolds (shocking design can really see why theres alot of gains to be had here) alongside new DC Sports ceramic coated manifolds

20131123_113710_zps7fe142c1.jpg

Look at the collector on the DC's compared to just going into one unequal pipe on the OEM, Much more efficient now!

20131123_113729_zpsb41969f5.jpg

Loads of space to work with putting new ones on :surrender:

20131123_114012_zps375972f5.jpg

The finished article

20131123_123953_zpsa590ab27.jpg

Had the unfortunate thing happen when refitting everything, the steering angle sensor ribbon snapped :( got a new one ready to go on next week so not the end of the world.

So from what i can tell so far whilst the clutch is still bedding in is jesus what a change! The revs are sooo much faster and the car feels so much more alive, the clutch pedal i can now press with my little finger. Cant wait til the clutch beds in so i can go for a proper drive

Next up a few minor cosmetic changes and the other parts to be installed, also will be ordering a Motordyne XYZ pipe and facelift LED rears very soon to finish off the car

Edited by Arran
  • Like 3

Yeah those bad boys are getting sold with the car not going there again :lol:

Mate its going to be mental when both are finished we need a dual feature for sure

kyle indeed fella engine still in and very doable just takes time and lots of f***s, believe only a very few handful of people actually do it so glad I have though

Wouldn't like to try it with the gearbox on tbh mate, may aswell take the box off. What a difference though, cant believe it! Put my foot to the floor for the first time last night through 2nd and 3rd and I was startled at the difference, so much more pull throughout the whole rev range and it sounds even better now :D winning