Spacers

JoshThePonce

Does anyone have some 15mm hubcentric spacers for sale?

I've been shopping around and brand new eibachs are just a bit too steep in price for my liking.

I've come across some on ebay however and not sure whether to take the plunge or not?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... TQ:GB:1123

Anyone had any dealings with these guys before or used their spacers?

Any info would be greatly appreciated, cheers :thumbs:

They should be ok for day to day use i would of thought?

Are you mad? :wacko::wacko::wacko:

+1 Alex.

I certainly wouldn't want to risk my life/car by skimping money on any part of the drivetrain. The R35 in the link Ian posted was very lucky it failed while at a relatively low speed. Although, as stated in the thread, he had been at a track session which undoubtedly sped up the failure, I believe it would have still happened through time :shrug: . Yes they are cheaper than the likes of Eibach etc.. but that, to me anyway, shows that the manufacturer has spent very little on research and development and/or quality control :thumbdown: but hey, it's your life/car

The track session would have only sped up the failure, the spacer was obviously flawed. The bigger (branded) manufacturers will always spend a stupid amount of time and money developing and stress testing their products to the limit and keep pushing them to destruction, then they will go through quality control. Only when they are satisfied their product will not kill someone (on or off track) will they put them on the market. Then, usually a while after, there is a smaller company who will copy the design but not use the same grade of materials to save money.

Perfect example - the Crapspeed K1 being a copy of a branded exhaust, but, if you read through some of the previous posts, people have had issues ranging from fitment issues to (prematurely) having to get it re-welded due to poor manufacture. :surrender: and that's only an exhaust

I understand what you're saying, but just because a product is lesser priced it doesn't mean you're going to die... half the time you're paying extra just for the name, like Apple :) But i'll save that rant for another time lol

Fair enough :shrug: each to their own. I just looked at the eBay link again and the seller doesn't even state which company made them, which would have me walking away.

No question about it, you are definately MAD.

What price is a life?

As per our previous PMs and the link to GTROC I guess that you now must realise why I only sell Eibach spacers.

Your car, your life, your decision. :surrender:

Alex :)

Bloody hell!!!

One reason why I personally wouldn't use spacers.

I'd much prefer to buy wheels with the correct offsets and know I'm not adding a weak point to the drivetrain.

If I were to go for some though I'd only ever use ones from a trusted, good company like Eibach. Really not worth the risk. Like buying dodgy remoulded or crap brakes!

No question about it, you are definately MAD.

What price is a life?

As per our previous PMs and the link to GTROC I guess that you now must realise why I only sell Eibach spacers.

Your car, your life, your decision. :surrender:

Alex :)

This !!! :thumbs:

If you want to skimp and pay for an inferior product, thats up to you. Eibach's are the best for a reason ;)

Why is it everyone gets on the band wagon and says the brands they have actually heard of are the best of the best and they are all you should buy.

What make's Eibach spacers that much better? Eibach make their wheel spacers out of Aluminum too. If you want to track a car don't run spacers, simple. I could easily imagine Eiback spacers doing the same on that GTR. Obviously if you had 30mm spacers there would be more metal under the nuts. so on and so on. blah blah blah.

People need to learn to stop being brand whores. Simple.

Has anyone ever heard of TPI spacers? I assume not, but they are an alloy/magnesium spacer that's actually finished in a decent black finish, (compared to eibachs lack of any finish what so ever), TPI spacers have ALOT of special little trick features eibach don't. But because you have never heard of them you would instantly assume they are crap when in my opinion they are probably better.

The reason the ones above failed is probably due to them being so bloody thin, fixed on spacers should be as thick as you can fit. 15mm is too thin for fixed spacer IMO, especially on a car that big and heavy.

:snack:

Surely people are only brand whores based upon what they know......until you can change the perception or boost the profile of another brand thats how it stays.

Eibach are good quality and don't tear in half...........people use them the most and therefore when someone says 'hi I want a spacer to keep the wheel on my car' people recommend eibach.

Doesn't meant there aren't other brands out there but why would people recommend TPI when they know feck all about them?!?

Same reason rota's are so popular.......they look good on the car, lots of people have them so they get recommend.

Not saying you should recommend TPI because you have not heard of them, that would be stupid, I was merely commenting on how because people haven't heard of them that they would instantly assume they are crap.

Eibach are only well known due to being around a long time, bit of advertising and got there profile up. However when it comes to spacers I don't think there is really a one is better than the other brand thing. Just avoid any that are made in China.

All the comments slating the Supaforma spacers were based on 2 things: lack of material under the nuts and the material they're made of. A 15mm Eibach spacer would have the same amount of material under a nut, can't be helped, 15mm to play with and you need a reasonable nut thickness. The second is Eibach make their spacers out of Aluminum too. You were all saying aluminum fatigues under the extreme heat, well surely that means so would Eibach aluminum spacers?

What about these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5mm-ALLOY-WHE ... 3f0e487415

Would i need longer wheel studs for them or should i be shot for even laying eyes on such a product? :blush:

At that price they are undoubtedly 'pressed' as opposed to machined and having experienced what happens to these myself - being soft they are more prone to being unevenly squashed between the hub and wheel which then leads to the discs not rotating evenly - result warping.

So best avoided altogther IMO.

Just thought i would add my 2 pence worth, but i use Ultralite wheel spacers, and i'm on track drifting at least once a month and never had any problems, a lot of mates use them too, never heard a bad word about them!! Thought i would just add that for consideration.

Eibach are only well known due to being around a long time, bit of advertising and got there profile up. However when it comes to spacers I don't think there is really a one is better than the other brand thing. Just avoid any that are made in China.

H+R and Eibach are actually the only companies (I know of anyway) that have a German TUV stamp on their spacers. Which is why they are considered the best, and why there really is one (or two) better than the others.

People need to learn to stop being brand whores. Simple.

People really need to start researching stuff before they spout on the internet too. :lol:

EDIT: OP, if you are only going 5mm then pretty much any slip on spacer will do the job :)