Man on the edge - needs a push

majorupset

Hi folks.

Not a 350z owner (yet)... but am seriously considering it.

I am looking for a 2 seater convertible sports car. Ive test driven a few; boxster, z4, tt. ... none of which inspired.

I had dismissed the 350z because was worried about the low mpg (my other car is a audi a4 tdi - and i get 50mpg easily, so dropping to <20 was a worry).

But... it's dawned on me that i will spend less on a 350z (than a comparable boxster or z4)- and this will fund the fuel :-).... it also seems that you get a lot more for your money with a 350z.

Ive test driven one - and I loved it. It felt alive - I felt alive !

I've been on the lookout for so long - and I seem to have become all indecisive over it (which is really unlike me).

I need a push - and it seems this is the place I will get one.

Having looked for a couple of weeks now - this looks to be the one that ticks most of my cliched boxes: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150848457610?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648#ht_836wt_1182

Any thoughts, suggestions, advice - gratefully received

The Major.

:welcome: to the forum.

I considered all the cars you have and some others.

If you have driven one and you loved it,for me its a no brainer.

You will get the same feeling every time you drive it.

I wouldn't swop mine for any of the cars you have listed.

Go for it!! :thumbs:

Plus you will have the pleasure of using the best car forum on t'internet!

Just bought one two weeks ago, am getting about 24mpg but you don't buy a sports car for fuel consumption....plenty of cars with better fuel consumption :yawn:

If you're serious about a sports car then better quality fuel, tyres, brakes etc are all a must so its probably going to become your next biggest expense after your mortgage.....

It is fun though and if you get a good example and look after it and it isn't for you then sell it on and get yourself a 3 series diesel?

Go for it!!! :thumbs:

There are plenty of threads on here where MPG is discussed. If you're expecting to get <20MPG you may be pleasantly surprised. Obviously this figure depends a lot on how and where you drive, but mid to high 20's is average and easily achievable. My car is my daily drive and I get around 26.

:welcome: to the forum. Just do it! :thumbs:

I'd love to learn how to drive the Zed and get mid 20's in town.

I get mid to late 20's on the motorway.

Thing is I get bored being conservative, best to just enjoy the car, I might not be here tomorrow?

Thing is I get bored being conservative, best to just enjoy the car, I might not be here tomorrow?

Ian, you just need to learn to drive........ :surrender:

:welcome:

And yeah, buy a Zed :thumbs: you won't regret it :teeth:

Very true :lol: I managed to get my mpg from 18 back to 20.9 driving from Surrey to notts and back :clap: