S3 theft. £2k reward, DO YOU KNOW THESE SCUM?

HEADPHONES

I have been asked to post this up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSvrtmGMmUI

Guy is apparently putting up £2k reward for info leading to their capture.

Scumbags threatened his wife and TODDLER with a crowbar :scare:

Manchester area.

I don't know the guy but was asked by his friend that i know.

It does seem like his door was unlocked.......but no one derserves that kind of trauma.

The way the justice system works here, nothing but a slap on the wrist for these sh1te bags, if they werent displaying a CCTV warning outside of their house the courts won't be interested and they will probably say, she gave us the keys gov!

Nothing will happen to them, sorry.

I feel for your mate and family, but tell them not to expect too much.

However make a racist comment, your in the nick.

Maybe the bloke would be better off spending that £2k on some locks for his front door that actually work? Seriously, why you would spend all that money on CCTV and then not even bother to lock your doors is just crazy and asking for trouble.

Also, I don't think the reward is legit, that video has been doing the rounds all week and this is the first I've seen mention of either reward, crowbar or toddler.

Maybe the bloke would be better off spending that £2k on some locks for his front door that actually work? Seriously, why you would spend all that money on CCTV and then not even bother to lock your doors is just crazy and asking for trouble.

Also, I don't think the reward is legit, that video has been doing the rounds all week and this is the first I've seen mention of either reward, crowbar or toddler.

Pretty sure the second guy is carrying the crowbar.

I never understand why people have those front doors that you can open from the outside without a key??? When I had the Lambo the Mrs made me spend about £3k on an alarm and a door and frame so thick it looks like it came off a Banks vault......even the police and their 'Red Key' couldn't smash it in.....apparently :)

thats not good.

thing is why should you have to lock your own door, yes it makes sense, but it seems gone are the days you could go to bed with the door unlocked. :thumbdown:

Rich,

You must live in a leafy backwater village! When you live in birmingham, you NEVER go to bed with the door unlocked :scare::lol:

All that crap about the front door not being locked is bullsh*t imo...

If I want to leave my door open then I will!! I don't think it is "inviting people in". It could be that someone can knock on the door and threaten you with a crowbar. I don't see the difference?

If I want to leave my door open then I will!! I don't think it is "inviting people in". It could be that someone can knock on the door and threaten you with a crowbar. I don't see the difference?

Prevention not cure ;)

It's not inviting someone in, it's just bloody common sense. This isn't the 60's any more.

thats not good.

thing is why should you have to lock your own door, yes it makes sense, but it seems gone are the days you could go to bed with the door unlocked. :thumbdown:

Rich,

You must live in a leafy backwater village! When you live in birmingham, you NEVER go to bed with the door unlocked :scare::lol:

i currently live in one of the lowest insurance brackets in the country, the sufoolk police constabulary head quarters are round the corner, its pretty safe round here. we lock up at night etc and our door is pretty solid. but yes sleepy backwater housing springs to mind. :lol:

i did used to live in coventry in possibly one of the highest insurancve brackets in the country at the time. where you used to dismantle everything in your car, leave the glove box open and empty, and use 2 crook locks. we actually used to leave the cars unlocked. saved them damaging the locks. they could get in see there was nothing to nick and leave the car alone (they weren't the best thiefs, so 2 crook locks were generally enough of a deterant. :lol:

Something doesn't quite add up for me though - they just seemed to pull up and go straight to the front door, deliberately going for the car. If I tried opening one of the front doors of the 60 or so houses on my street the odds are massively stacked against me that it would open. These guys knew that door was open, somehow they knew they didn't just randomly pull up and try it out.

It's not inviting someone in, it's just bloody common sense. This isn't the 60's any more.

Nah your talking bollocks mate.

Sometimes I may be cleaning my cars, or working on them in my driveway, in which case the front door may be open.

Whether it's the 60s or not, it shouldn't be that people are scared sh!tless to hang out in their own property because of what can happen.

Sometimes I may be cleaning my cars, or working on them in my driveway, in which case the front door may be open.

Whether it's the 60s or not, it shouldn't be that people are scared sh!tless to hang out in their own property because of what can happen.

+1

theses guys are pure scum and deserve to treated like such, hope they are caught, mind you the punishment will never match the crime.

a visit by a few baseball wielding vigilantes would be best(my opinion) :boxing:

Nope, your the one talking bollocks.

I can relate to this but still, in this video no one is on the drive and so I would keep the door locked.

Something doesn't quite add up for me though - they just seemed to pull up and go straight to the front door, deliberately going for the car. If I tried opening one of the front doors of the 60 or so houses on my street the odds are massively stacked against me that it would open. These guys knew that door was open, somehow they knew they didn't just randomly pull up and try it out.

They've obviously monitored the area, this is a very specific robbery, they knew what they were after. It all adds up, this isn't a spur of the moment thing.

They've obviously monitored the area, this is a very specific robbery, they knew what they were after. It all adds up, this isn't a spur of the moment thing.

Fully agree. Wouldnt be supprised if they've monitored the house and knew that there was only a woman and child in the house (I assume that was the case). They knew they'd be able to force their way in and get the keys, and more than likely the front door wasnt even locked. If it had been locked I'd imagine they'd have just knocked and waited for an answer then forced their way in. It was a directed attack for the car they were after, becoming very popular these days which is why our Zed is in the garage most of the time.

Its stupid these days how careful you have to be. We live in a cul-de-sac which is very safe, never had any break ins during the 10yrs the houses have been built (and 5 we've been there) but just the other night I was working on MTB (we have 5 bikes between us in the garage) and some chav came wondering past - given this is a dead end road - and said something along the lines of "nice car and bikes mate, can I cut through here to the main road". I said no its a dead end and he had to head back the way he came. Now had this been 10yrs ago, I wouldnt have thought twice about it, but for some reason I still found myself reaching for a breaker bar just in case the little scroat decided he wanted to try and take the car/bikes :boxing::blush:

Nope, your the one talking bollocks.

ok just lock your door and don't even peek out the window sarnie. There's the boogeyman waiting for you! :stir: