Hello

Hi all,

Thought id join up as I have long been a fan of the 350z and have started looking about for one recently. I currently have a mk1 Focus RS which I have owned for about 8 years now and have spent far to much money on it. Its producing around 380 bhp and is still a great car, but I find getting older a more refined model which is still sporty with lots of character is getting more and more appealing.

Ive been looking at 2006-2008 models, ideally the 313 model, but was hoping people might be able to tell me the main engine differences between the 300 and 313. Is it worth going for the newer one or trying to get a 300 which is still in the lower tax bracket? Is there any other differences between the 2?

I live in Bedfordshire so if there's any helpful people about who wouldn't mind showing me around there's would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all,

Ive been looking at 2006-2008 models, ideally the 313 model, but was hoping people might be able to tell me the main engine differences between the 300 and 313. Is it worth going for the newer one or trying to get a 300 which is still in the lower tax bracket? Is there any other differences between the 2?

Welcome :wave:

The 276 bhp ones are in the lower tax bracket, the 300's (296bhp) and the 313(309bhp) are all in the higher tax bracket. The 313's have a taller engine, which is 80% different to the earlier engines and has twin intakes. Apart from the extra power there are possibly a couple of very minor interior updates plus of course the 313 has a different bonnet with a bulge in it to accommodate the taller engine. The 313's have different colours too, some of them quite rare.

Pete

Thanks for the information. So 313 it is then and deal with the extortionate tax. Just seen a red one for sale on autotrader. Never seen one in red and quite like it actually. I don't think there is a colour I don't though in the range. Not overly keen on the tan leather though.