Zeditis begins.... with pics

Builder49

Different I say.... Not my cuppa in terms of colours, and probably a bit too much orange, I mean gold going on?? Spoiler is a win any day, I like the rear lights but a shame on MOT rules.

I'm now on my 3rd colour theme, so there's a future for transformation and you'll know when it's perfect :thumbs:

To be fair I totally understand the position regarding costs to modify. The problem is it can easily spiral out of control for which the zeditis bug has no cure.

Inspiration is a cruel word.....

I have to say i'm not a fan of the colour. But then again, I like the black/silver OEM combo. I was thinking of doing something similar to my wheels as you did, but a different colour, but now after seeing your's I think i'll wait until I can afford some different rims such as Ray's or Rota's and then go with my colour scheme.

Looks like a really good finish on all the painted parts, though. :D

Definitely a Marmite car! The fitting/finish looks good but I'm not a fan of the colour scheme, too orange IMO - a subtle gold would have looked better.

It's all a bit Fast and Furious crashed through the Ripspeed department :surrender:

I'm guessing you don't plan on selling the car anytime soon, it'll take some work to put it right again :lol:

Leeroy, definitely not thinking of selling her, she's a keeper i think? Although with my track record she might well leave me?!?!?! :lol:

Definitely going to be lighter alloys fitted in the future, most likely Rays, but then as I've not looked about yet who knows?

Side Zed badges and Z on the rear brace have been sprayed black today (pics to follow later this evening) and i'm considering all badges in gold to match.

Taking on board your overall opinions on the gold colouring, but the idea was to mimic the Brembo calipers which I think has been achieved?

In fairness it was the Brembo Gold or Lime Green :scare:

Anyway more pics later, and cheers for all the feedback guys...... If nothing else she is distinctive :stir:

where's all the piccies of "how to" :thumbs:

I'm sure its all b een covered elsewhere. Its only spraying..... Although getting the original lip off was a complete arsehole job. That Nissan bonding really works!!!

:lol:

By midday tomorrow she will have 2 white stripes down the bonnet !!!

Not paint, but ribbons..........

Anyone used a Zed as a Wedding car before?

Number 4 already :scare::lol:

Pete

By midday tomorrow she will have 2 white stripes down the bonnet !!!

Not paint, but ribbons..........

Anyone used a Zed as a Wedding car before?

Yup :teeth:

12042010440.jpg

11042010430.jpg

Behind that guy is a grey car. On the left of the grey car is a child being strangled.

Well spotted...... Missed that! :lol::lol::lol: Great observation :thumbs:

No missing children reported, and I can guarantee no newly laid patios as I was too involved with speeches etc :teeth:

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

I've never even thought about what gold wheels etc would look like on a zed, and that's coming from a previous Subaru owner!

That looks fantastic though my friend. You took a gamble and it really looks like it paid off. Definitely haven't seen another zed like this!

I've never even thought about what gold wheels etc would look like on a zed, and that's coming from a previous Subaru owner!

That looks fantastic though my friend. You took a gamble and it really looks like it paid off. Definitely haven't seen another zed like this!

Cheers Williams.

Started when the oem wheels (which were badly kerbed when I got the car) needed refurbing, and decided to experiment with 2 pack filler compound and spray paint. Then decided trying to match the calipers might be worth a go. Then as is always the case with Zeditis, it progressed from there.....

I'm getting some pretty good stares as I drive about now, Lol, have to laugh though at the tiny little 20 year olds faces when an old fart gets out of the car... :lol:

Paul

Just seen this! I like the colour you have used but agree with others - it needs an aggressive kit/stance and different wheel to pull it off well. I has potential though - reminds me of the type 72 colours!