panorama - European football

Anyone else watching the Panorama program on BBC now? :scare::surrender:

I really fear for the safety of any "non white" fans that visit. Most of Europe doesnt like us Brits anyway - be a non white Brit over there and by the looks of it Id rather play Russian Roulette :surrender:

What a very very sad state of affairs. The absolute denial of the situation by the heads of the police is disgraceful.

For those that have not watched it, I suggest you do. And for any non white football fans on here that were intending to go, I would seriously, seriously reconsider. I thought when I heard sol cambels opinion on the radio today it was a bit of an over reaction. After watching this program I agree whole heartedly. How are we being subject to pathetic laws coming out of Brussels on weights and measures and how straight a cucumber has to be, while scenes like this exist in Europe is completely beyond me. An utter utter disgrace.

Is this available to watch on line?

I've got tickets to all three England games, which are being sold to one of my 'white' friends...............I bought them ages ago but after the recent Sky video I agreed to flog them. I'd rather sit at home and watch it with my kids. Alive.

Blatter has a lot to answer for - the amount of England games where the likes of Ashley Cole et al have been outrageously abused by thousands from the terraces have never been stamped out by FIFA - corrupt, and anti- England, what chance do you have.

Unfortunately UEFA/FIFAs clandestine objective of holding the cups in upcoming countries (raise football profile, raise funds, make Blatter et al richer) has massive weighting over the actual capability of those countries to effectively hold the damn thing.

Russia was no where near the best option for the world cup, but as FIFA said, they wanted it in new territory - problem is that the likes of England spent nigh on £25m bidding for it when by default they cannot win it, because its not new territory - a fact not disclosed until the bidding process closed.

Really...lets not assume Blatter and all the other corrupt, theiving, pocket lining cronies are doing anything thats good for the sport - its all about money in their pockets.

Unfortunately UEFA/FIFAs clandestine objective of holding the cups in upcoming countries (raise football profile, raise funds, make Blatter et al richer) has massive weighting over the actual capability of those countries to effectively hold the damn thing.

Russia was no where near the best option for the world cup, but as FIFA said, they wanted it in new territory - problem is that the likes of England spent nigh on £25m bidding for it when by default they cannot win it, because its not new territory - a fact not disclosed until the bidding process closed.

Really...lets not assume Blatter and all the other corrupt, theiving, pocket lining cronies are doing anything thats good for the sport - its all about money in their pockets.

Nicely put :thumbs:

Is this available to watch on line?

I've got tickets to all three England games, which are being sold to one of my 'white' friends...............I bought them ages ago but after the recent Sky video I agreed to flog them. I'd rather sit at home and watch it with my kids. Alive.

Good call Sandwich, not worth the risk IMO. Go and watch it from a Caribbean hotel or something.

Here is another reason not to participate.

To "cleanse" the areas around football stadiums, Ukranian authorities have been killing stray cats and dogs with zinc phosphate which leads to a painful death (or burning them in a mobile incenerator - sometimes while they are still alive.)

The official line is that this has been banned by the Ukranian government due to pressure from outside, but it is still reported to be happening.

Interesting that racist violence is apparently tolerated, but the sight of stray dog or cat isn't. :thumbdown:

A few bits coming up in the news - Ukraine governement still saying its no worse than anywhere else and in fact no where near as bad as some of Europe - what they seem to be missing is that at least in most nations like the UK we actively acknowledge it as a problem and it is not tolerated, whereas they simply wont.

As I was born and grew up in the land of the Soviets and have lived in the UK for the latter half of my life, I'd like to point out two things:

1. It is true that Eastern Europeans are generally less accepting of multi-culturalism, different backgrounds, religions and ethnicities as people of different races and backgrounds were not introduced to these countries over a number of centuries as was the case with many western nations. Fact is that these countries are on a sharp learning curve playing catch up and this is more of a socio-political issue than an inherent racism one.

2. Having said the above, it is true that there are some people who could be dangerous and may be racist in Poland, Ukraine and Russia, but make no mistake about the fact that these are an absolutely tiny minority and they are heavily impacted by both the legal forces and fellow fans. I have personally traveled around many of these parts including travel with people of different cultures, races, etc and have had no issues whatsoever.

It's all good to make a TV programme which scares people into thinking that the Euro and World Cup have been handed to fascist states that have an innate hatred of everyone who is in some way different to them, but quite frankly that is not true. Believe you me, I disagree on many views that eastern European people have on these sorts of matters including having completely polar views to my own parents, but the lack of understanding and integrating with other people's cultures is not the same thing as hatred for them.

Feel free to disagree on the basis of some journos making a biased video, but ask any number of people with first hand experience who will tell you what I wrote above.

General hooliganism in the stands, fights, lighting fireworks, etc is rife as it is in many many parts of the world, but linking that all in to the racism issue is somewhat of a long shot.

I take your point that it is a minority, and always will be, but the jist of the programme from what I could see was the inaction of security and police forces to act against it when it did happen. Imagine a thousand strong people in a terrace singing anti-semitic songs and chanting nazi slogans whilst doing a nazi salute in the UK, the game would in all likelihood be stopped and fans from the club ejected and club fined. It was in my view, the inactivity then the complete denial from leading people in the police force that this behaviour occurred instead saying it was 'a way of pointing at opposition supporters' for example.

Imagine a thousand strong people in a terrace singing anti-semitic songs and chanting nazi slogans whilst doing a nazi salute in the UK, the game would in all likelihood be stopped and fans from the club ejected and club fined.

Sounds like an old firm match.......