my 350z and please don't hate me for what I did :)

mhd212

Hey all,

First of all thank you Stew fir inviting me to join the forum.

Please have a look ar my 350z project and please don't hate me for ditching the engine and swapping it with a 2jz-gte engine. Now the car is making 760 whp on gas fuel and 905 whp on c16 fuel. It was a long story with sweat and tears but am happy with the results.

The only problem I faced was the overheat because the 2jz is way chunkier than the vq engine and there is not space in the engine bay.

Please have a look at this link: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 448&type=3

Thanks :D. I didn't do the build myself but I bought the parts. Sometimes I have to travle and sometimes I get the wrong items. That task was sufficient to suck my time and energy. Also, I don't have the skills or the wquipment to do the work :(

Please have a look ar my 350z project and please don't hate me for ditching the engine and swapping it with a 2jz-gte engine. Now the car is making 760 whp on gas fuel and 905 whp on c16 fuel. It was a long story with sweat and tears but am happy with the results.

The only problem I faced was the overheat because the 2jz is way chunkier than the vq engine and there is not space in the engine bay.

Lol, you're forgiven, only because it's making serious power! :drive1:thumbs:

I'd say have you ever tried to Concours detail a VQ engine, shoe horn, would be more use. :lol: Does look pretty packed in there with the 2jz. :scare:

I've never seen a different engine in a 350 before

Have a nose over on the US forums. ;)

Wow that looks insane! Was just the other day thinking how good a 2jz-gte engine would be in a zed :thumbs:

As for cooling, i reckon a vented seibon carbon bonnet would set that off nicely, and maybe take a hacksaw to the front bumper - after all, thats a lot of engine to cool through not a particularly big front aperture.