I'm only doing this one thing, honest!

TomS

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got round to getting the arches rolled as I'e been away a few weekends.

£60 for the rears by a guy from 'BandedSteels'. They operate around Blackburn/Manchester/North Yorkshire. Well worth a call out if you need them doing. It took me an absolute age to find someone in the North West that rolled arches. These guys did a great job and for £60 was much cheaper than ArchEnemy wanted.

Their contact details are on their site, which is dubious to say the least compared to their work :lol:http://www.bandedsteels.com/

Ordered some Tein springs to swap the Eibach ones out with. Hopefully going from 30mm drop to 17/14mm drop will stop any rubbing along with the arches being rolled.

Will get some photos up next weekend if the weather is good once I have installed the springs :thumbs:

So with the glorious technological advancement that are tea towels, I decided to see what the new spoiler would look like on the car before deciding whether I keep it or go for a V2 Nismo.

Deciding on the colour is the tough bit though; gloss black it looks too 'aftermarket stuck on', but then I'm thinking about going for a black roof as well which may make it work with the GM. Another option is to matte black the spoiler and roof to sit more inline with the wheels. Or to just have it GM to look less 'stuck on', which I'm not sure if I'll like or not!

spoiler2a.jpg

spoiler1g.jpg

spoiler3p.jpg

This image I've changed the roof to black to see what it looks like.

spoiler1blackroof.jpg

Thoughts welcome!

Ooo I do like that. Looks B)

How about painting the vertical 'side' parts GM and paint or wrap the horizontal blades in black or carbon wrap? Then do the roof in the same wrap to tie it all together nicely?

Also reminds me:

Q. What is the most common owl in the British Isles?

A. A Teat Owl :p:teeth:

That's one thing I do like about the V2 over this spoiler; the different colour blades. On this spoiler there isn't a separation like the V2 so having different colour horizontal parts might look odd as there's no start/end point.

I think I'll get it fitted as it is and use it for a week or so to see if I like it. If not I can get it sprayed matte black/GM. But either way it needs spraying as it's swirl marks galore all over, looks in terrible condition compared to the rest of the cars paint work.

Thanks!

Got them from someone on Driftworks :) They're off an BMW E65, don't know of many people running them on a 350z as they require PCD adaptors. I was going for Rota GTR's but wanted something different, work really well Plastidipped :)

Like this:

IMG_1782.jpg

Need to go much lower to make them really work.

The car above is who I got the wheels from :lol:

He ran that much camber his rears were shot and had to buy a new pair when I bought the tyres.

I'm currently running a 30mm drop and due to the 19x10 ET4 on the front and ET-9 on the rear any potholes or big lumps cause rubbing on the wheel arch. Had the arches rolled few days ago and bought new Tein springs to increase the ride height all round by 13/17mm.

I highly doubt that if I ran the car that low for more than a couple of days I'd have a front lip! I have no idea how his front looks like that though as the wheels/tyres are wider than my front arch and I'm using the same wheels/tyres/pcd adaptors he had :lol:

PCD adaptors arrived from Awesome GTI, said they would be 1-2 weeks but arrived within a few days, much quicker than I thought. Shame upon opening the box there seems to be 10 bolts missing! Not their fault but H&R, the manufacturer.

Also decided to grab a JWT Popcharger to see what the noise is all about. Will be good to see if there is any performance/throttle difference between my 2004 airbox with 06 velocity stack against the popcharger.

PCD adaptors arrived from Awesome GTI, said they would be 1-2 weeks but arrived within a few days, much quicker than I thought. Shame upon opening the box there seems to be 10 bolts missing! Not their fault but H&R, the manufacturer.

Also decided to grab a JWT Popcharger to see what the noise is all about. Will be good to see if there is any performance/throttle difference between my 2004 airbox with 06 velocity stack against the popcharger.

TBH I only noticed a slight difference in very hot weather between a Pop charger and stock, but the noise factor was a fair trade off B)

TBH I only noticed a slight difference in very hot weather between a Pop charger and stock, but the noise factor was a fair trade off B)

Looking forward to HFC's + Popcharger. I love the HFC rasp so hoping it compliments it :thumbs:

JWT Popcharger installed! Took out the standard airbox with 06 velocity stack mod. Will be good to see if there is any difference driving the car day to day.

Sounded awesome blipping the throttle on the drive :thumbs:

Must say, after driving on A roads and motorway, I really can't tell much of a difference between pre and post JWT. I was expecting some kind of roar but I really couldn't tell a difference, maybe a bit throatier where the HFC rasp is but not by as much as I was expecting. Underwhelmed to say the least!

Also fitted Tein springs for my Eibach ones, hopefully less issues with clearance now, they seem a little noisy though compared to my Eibachs, do they just need bedding in a bit?

• 2 weeks later...

Another week and another new purchase!

Thought I'd give eBay a go for some eyelids, but the only ones in UK I could find were carbon ones, I was looking for non-carbon so I could have them painted gun metal or satin black. But after seeing them on the car (test fitted) in carbon I do actually like them!

sidebysides.jpg

ps Ignore the giant hole in the garden, that's another story :rant:

• 3 weeks later...

I loved the E65 wheels but I was never keen on the stretched tyres and being Plastidipped they were never going to look as good as painted. They shall be missed but when I get the car back this week everything should look awesome :clap:

breaks my heart to see the LMGT4's painted black.....such a nice wheel...i see were your going but i too like the bm wheels you had fitted.dont get me wrong the LMGT4's will look great on the zed. B)