I'm only doing this one thing, honest!

TomS

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first photo in the thread is just after I bought it, with Eibach springs on it then, unless I've been conned :lol:

I thought that but then I just looked out the window at Carla's and it does look about right

Strangely I can't find anything under C&U or in the VOSA testing manual relating to tyres/wheels sticking out. I found this:

Damage to road, person or vehicle

If the tyre causes either damage to the road, or to persons, or to any vehicle using the road. This would cover such instances as if a vehicle with damaged or very oversized tyres which either caught against a person or other vehicle resulting in either damage or injury. Studded tyres also are included in this clause and if used in inappropriate conditions (i.e. where there is no ice or snow) and they damage the road surface then they would be clearly illegal.

However, that's not from a legal document. Best way would to be phone a local VOSA office and ask for their stand point on it from an MOT angle AND RTA C&U .

FlyEyes! I didn't like the look of the stuff when I got it in the post but once it's on the car looks much better.

I'm thinking of wrapping the B-pillars and roof satin black, think it'll work? Have got some Hexis from RTB to do the centre console and front lip so might do the other things if the weather picks up soon.

Decided to Plastidip the front and rear badges last night, turned out really nice. WIll get some photos once they're on the car and cleaned later! Think I'm becoming obsessed with the stuff, so easy to use.

I'm not normally a fan of black wheels, but with the other black accents on the car, I think they work really well.

Car looks great - mean looking stance too! Good work :thumbs:

As a fellow GM owner, I'll watch your future developments with interest.. :)

How much are you looking for, for your spacers (I see you've removed them now) and what are you gonna do with your Rays....? ;)

Stretched wheels are fine, I had bbs lm reps with stretch on them and was completely fine. Some many cars run stretch.

However, I wouldn't recommend drifting or pushing the car to its limit just in case.

The law from what I read when I had them, was that the tyre tread can't be outside the arch, yet the lip of the rim can.

My bbs were. And I know so many people who have them.

Police have no clue about the law so wouldn't even bother with them, just make sure you've always got enough tread on them, no chunks out the tyre wall etc.

Got someone coming round on Thursday to have a look at the arches, £120 for all 4 so hopefully rolling them should leave enough room!

I'm selling the spacers, 20mm all round, but I only have 5 nuts as I wouldn't want to sell the others due to their condition. You can get the nuts for £1 each on Driftworks though or official Eibach ones for £2.60 each :bangin: Will get a thread up tonight once I've taken some photos.

I'm keeping the Rays for winter wheels and any track days I do, as I don't fancy tracking the car with the stretched tyres. Might be tempted to sell but would depend on the price.

Next on the list is to wrap the centre console, install steering wheel controls for the headunit finally. Then it's on to exterior styling!

Thanks!

Got them from someone on Driftworks :) They're off an BMW E65, don't know of many people running them on a 350z as they require PCD adaptors. I was going for Rota GTR's but wanted something different, work really well Plastidipped :)

Rather than faff around for ages trying to remove the residue left under the 350z badges I thought I'd invest in 'Goo Gone'. Well worth the money! Took the residue off in minutes whereas my attempts with boiling water and a hairdryer failed the other weekend.

This is definitely a worthy investment for removing anything sticky

Goo Gone

googone.jpg