I'm only doing this one thing, honest!

TomS

That's how it started anyway!

Bought in April 2011 from a member on here. Came with quite a few mods that I was going to do myself so thought I'd save the time and travel!

Plenum spacer

UpRev

Japspeed K2

Wheel spacers

Eibach springs (30mm drop)

Stubby aerial

One of the first mods I did was to get the rear side windows tinted limo black. Still meaning to get the rear window done.

69663804.jpg

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After that it was onto a personalised number plate. Wanted one for years but a 97 Fiesta wasn't exactly worth it :lol:

I also added Berk HFCs and headed over to RS Tuning to get the car remapped. Along with the 06 velocity stack the car makes 302bhp.

47497288.jpg

Added some rear LEDs which meant I could finally get a FlyEyes kit and darken them.

img0802hk.jpg

I wanted to go for dark wheels so with a handful of Plastidip spray cans I went to work, still waiting for it to dry now before putting them on the car.

After 1 layer of Plastidip

60816570.jpg

PCD adaptors as the wheels dont come as 5x114.3mm standard

30035127.jpg

What size are the wheels? They look quite small :wacko:

You kidding me? Look at them compared to the size of the washing machine on the right in the 1st pic

Must be at least 18"

Didn't even see the washing machine :p

Look more like 17s to me :p

You kidding me? Look at them compared to the size of the washing machine on the right in the 1st pic

Must be at least 18"

We shall see ;)

The ne wheels are 19", only thing annoying me about them is they came with 235 wide tyres all round. I really wanted to go 245/255 on the front and 265/275 on the rear. But the fornt tyres have 4mm tread and the rears are brand new fitted after they were taken off the previous car.

After much faffing around with wheel spacer nuts I'm hopefully getting the correct socket size after work and will be fitting them this evening if the weather holds out or tomorrow.

Also just received some satin black Hexis from RTB which I already have plans for!

Must be at least 18"

We shall see ;)

I stand corrected :p

Still look smaller than 19s though :lol:

The car needs a good wash but after spending all my time removing nuts that have been put on by the Hulk, I won't have a chance until next weekend!

For anyone else that gets stuck nuts, ahem, go buy Irwin Bolt Grip Remover Sockets, an absolute lifesaver but even with these the very last nut would not move. I ended up blow torching it, hammering on a smaller bolt grip socket, waiting for it to cool then wrenching it off.

Said bolt now looks very sorry for itself after WD40, Freeze & Unlock, standard wrench socket, a blow torch and finally bolt grip socket.

img0822bw.jpg

Now for the good bit, the wheels

img0820ay.jpg

img0823dy.jpg

img0824oa.jpg

My only issue at the minute is whether they stick out from the wheel arch too much or not. Been reading around about the law on this and it's a very grey area. Some people saying they can't stick out, some saying they can but only up to the tread and others saying a certain distance regardless of tread showing or not.

img0825vr.jpg

img0826t.jpg

Where it's currently parked I can't take a wide angle shot as it's next to the house, will get one tomorrow when I get back from work :)

Yeah I'm not overly keen on the tyres myself but they came with a brand new set on the rear, I'll definitely be getting something wider when I next need tyres, or even in a few months if I can sell these ones on.