Intro and hopefully some Info

bmg

Morning all , just joined today. Going to see a zed 2005 v6 300 gt tommorrow 50 k miles. £8.5k.. Which i dont think is to bad. Ive beeen looking at lots of cars gti's, r32 , but ive always wanted a zed and keep coming back for a look.. Is there any real issues i should be aware of with the 2005, issues to look out for. The car was owed by a nissan master tech, full service history etc. Any advice would be great, as i dont have a great knowledge about the 350z other than i love them.

Thanks and all the best

B

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The car was owed by a nissan master tech, full service history etc.

:welcome: The above is always a good start (well provided you ignore the fact that Nissan Dealers are usually berated for being crap - but lets assume this dude knows his onions).

Have a rummage around the guides section - loads of handy info for newbies and things to look out for........anything not covered in there then pop a thread up. :thumbs:

Morning all , just joined today. Going to see a zed 2005 v6 300 gt tommorrow 50 k miles. £8.5k.. Which i dont think is to bad. Ive beeen looking at lots of cars gti's, r32 , but ive always wanted a zed and keep coming back for a look.. Is there any real issues i should be aware of with the 2005, issues to look out for. The car was owed by a nissan master tech, full service history etc. Any advice would be great, as i dont have a great knowledge about the 350z other than i love them.

Thanks and all the best

B

Hello,

If its an 05 and it has the original engine it wont be a 300, 300's were from March 06 onwards :)

Good luck.

Adam

Glad i joined, 10 minutes and great info all ready. Its advertised as a 2005 v6 300 . just called them and found out it is a uk spec import.. Is this cause for concern?

anyway il go have a look cant hurt any i suppose

B

Glad i joined, 10 minutes and great info all ready. Its advertised as a 2005 v6 300 . just called them and found out it is a uk spec import.. Is this cause for concern?

anyway il go have a look cant hurt any i suppose

B

Not necessarily a concern but it'll obviously affect insurance, resale value ETC. If its on Autotrader sometimes it does throw up odd BHP's in the title.

You have a linky to the advert?

If it is an import it is overpriced......

I agree with SMD, tidy looking car but it is a tad overpriced in my view with it being an import. Nothing wrong with buying an import, mines been a real joy since I've had it.

If it's got a FSH and it's been cared for by a tech as indicated that's good but you don't want to pay too much over the odds just on that basis.

Be interesting to see what your thougts are when you get a look at it tomorrow :thumbs:

UK spec import is a bit of an oxymoron really when you think about it :wacko::headhurt:

+1, tbh I'd take it with a bit of a pinch of salt. Unless you really know all the difference (which are listed in the JDM Subforum)

:welcome:

For me thats more than a little overpriced

By comparison we paid £8700 for Carla's car in Aug 2010

- UK on a 2004

- Full GT pack including Rays

Granted its a Sunset which is a bit marmite but still.

I'd have a look around mate.

For me thats more than a little overpriced

By comparison we paid £8700 for Carla's car in Aug 2010

- UK on a 2004

- Full GT pack including Rays

Granted its a Sunset which is a bit marmite but still.

I'd have a look around mate.

To be fair that was a good price back then.... even for a sunset :p

Just for comparison I paid £10k for mine in November 2009 and it was on 72k :surrender:

i totally agree, 8.5k is alot for an import. despite the low mileage.

you can pick up a UK GT for that. with no hassles.

where are you based, as mine will be up for sale soon and i have some nice bits fitted to it as well.

53plate, 43k miles, just had a P3 service, ect.

Yeah was going to say that seems a bit high. For comparison my UK '54 plate on 57k cost 8 grand in Feb, yet mine has GT pack and came with a years tax. Though tbf mines graphite not blue. If you shop about you'll prob find lower.

One think is for definate though you will definately love it :D:drive1

I bought my import in December of last year for 7.5k with 40k miles on it, had rays, AEM induction kit, Nismo bodykit too.

Id say they are looking for a lot of money for an import, like others have said you can easily pick up a nice UK GT car for that money.

......To be fair that was a good price back then.... even for a sunset :p

Just for comparison I paid £10k for mine in November 2009 and it was on 72k :surrender:

Bought mine for £9k the same month at 66k if I remember correctly. Just goes to show how quickly things change doesn't it. :headhurt:

Although I'm still happy with the price I paid for it at the time......it also came with free smiles :D

......To be fair that was a good price back then.... even for a sunset :p

Bought mine for £9k the same month at 66k if I remember correctly. Just goes to show how quickly things change doesn't it. :headhurt:

Although I'm still happy with the price I paid for it at the time......it also came with free smiles :D

Oh yes 30k miles later and still smiling, met some really good people off here and had a real blast, also I have had zero problems with the car, everything I have done has been either servicing, wear and tear or needless modding :blush: