I think I may have bought the wrong car....

Luke0549

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you've only had the car a month. Have you been to any meets yet, have you taken it along any fun roads in the weekend? Break out of the square and go for a good drive on a few twisty roads, throw the car around, go to a track day or two. Then come back and tell us what you think. ;) If you still don't think it's suitable, sell it, if you think that's the right thing for you.

As the others have said, it's more about how you get there. Even normal every day roads can be fun, depending on the lines and braking points, without driving like a nutter.

Like I said I'm driving to 'ring next month so that will be a good test.

:thumbs: It will be indeed. :)

What was your last car?

I work for virgin media and have a works van, so the car will only have minimal use.

Insurance was £1800ish with elephant. Not bad, I paid more than that on my BMW e46 320 convert last year.

Owned the zed for about a month now, and I can't help but think that I bought the wrong car.

Don't get me wrong, it's fantastic, but it seems like it has too much power for uk roads. I mean, wherever I put my foot down, there's either a speed camera, or other cars.

Starting to feel that the power is unusable. Therefore the petrol consumption is pointless if I can't enjoy it.

I'm driving to nurburgring next month so hopefully that will change my mind.

I'm considering to use it learn how to drift. And then next year get something a bit more usable for roads and keep this as a toy.

Anyone else feel a bit like this?

I fully understand where you are coming from, I'm surprised people aren't being a bit more honest unless they don't have much car history.

I think you need to appreciate the Zed for what it is, Its a pretty good GT Car. A sports car its not and that's what people often expect it to be. Its a heavy car and chucking it around the B roads will never be as good as something lighter like an MX5 or even a hot hatch (focus ST and the likes). Its also not a muscle car, nor is it a hot hatch so all in all its a bit of an outcast in the younger guys car world in my eyes

However.......

As a car, it gets lots of heads turning, has great sound and power delivery, looks 100% Japanese (if you like that sort of thing), is comfortable and for a trip to the Ring should really be one of the best cars for the money you could take (I'm also ring bound next week so will get to experience this first hand (and no ringbound doesn't mean a visit to the doctor)).

The 350 is far from the best car I have owned but I still really like it and is definitely an experience worth having!

I bought mine hoping that the 3.5 litre pussy magnet in the front would attract birds flocking from all directions...this hasn't happened...

When I was a young man, all the girls wanted an older feller with money and a nice car. Now Im older, with money and a nice car, they all seem to be after Emo dropouts who ride the bus. Dammit. :dry:

Maybe a Nissan Note ;) is more up your street.

I had a note as a hire car. Automatic it was.

Did less mpg than the Zed.

When I took it back to collect the Zed they laughed at me.

The service guy at WLMG said at 26 mpg it was far less than that stated.

The manual is a tad better.

Is this now a Nissan Note sub forum?

Bit late for April fool's jokes :bangin:

If it's a serious question it does sound like you need a disiesel......careful not to get anything with more than 125 torks though :lol:

I have you know that my runaround is a 68 BHP Skoda Octavia 1.9 SDI and most Definately fast enough to get caught in a speed trap. Though I like the 65 plus to the gallon.

Owned the zed for about a month now, and I can't help but think that I bought the wrong car.

Don't get me wrong, it's fantastic, but it seems like it has too much power for uk roads. I mean, wherever I put my foot down, there's either a speed camera, or other cars.

Starting to feel that the power is unusable. Therefore the petrol consumption is pointless if I can't enjoy it.

I'm driving to nurburgring next month so hopefully that will change my mind.

I'm considering to use it learn how to drift. And then next year get something a bit more usable for roads and keep this as a toy.

Anyone else feel a bit like this?

I have never felt that the zed has too much power or its unusable on UK roads. The only thing id have preferred is if Nissan had altered the final drive, to lower the top speed and increase acceleration. Whats the point of having a car that could probably hit 170/180mph but restricting it to 155, when in reality your never likely to ever reach anything near that sort of speed in real life.

I have several times wondered if i bought the wrong car. However, that was purely because up until this last month I was doing about 2000 miles a month in it, most of which was stuck in traffic on my daily commute and I also worked out the car was costing me around £950 a month - with £500 or more of that being just fuel. - which is more than my mortgage costs me. When your stuck in traffic doing 30mph, unable to use the performance of the car, whilst watching the fuel gauge dropping like a rock you do wonder if its the right choice.

However, this last few months ive been lucky to have use of a old diesel shed, which saves me £300 a month on fuel alone, and now when I drive the zed, i enjoy it a whole lot more. I now get that same buzz I got when i first drove the zed, everytime im in it again.

You can rectify that easily. A simple job of changing the Dif for one with a lot more teeth could in effect give you the equivalent of 80 - 100 more BHP. but will lower the top end. They are selling recon ones on Fleabay under the Nissan 350 section for £450. Hence buses can get away with a piddly engine by using a lower ratio gearbox. But can't get much over 40 on a run. I prefer to get ABBEY to play with mine:)

I live in Watford, Hertfordshire, right next to London so trying to find some decent roads isn't really the easiest.

I only really use the car for driving to the gym which is about 4/5miles away and to my girlfriends which is a 50mile motorway round trip. Plus I got flashed on the motorway about 2 months back doing 90ish, so now I'm too scared to push it For the sake of getting points.

You have a 12 mile bypass which is new from Hemel To Aylesbury and I often use it.

Once your past TRING you can do what ever speed is safe!

Plus you have the M25 1 mile to the North of Watford.

I live in Watford, Hertfordshire, right next to London so trying to find some decent roads isn't really the easiest.

I only really use the car for driving to the gym which is about 4/5miles away and to my girlfriends which is a 50mile motorway round trip. Plus I got flashed on the motorway about 2 months back doing 90ish, so now I'm too scared to push it For the sake of getting points.

You have a 12 mile bypass which is new from Hemel To Aylesbury and I often use it.

Once your past TRING you can do what ever speed is safe!

Plus you have the M25 1 mile to the North of Watford.

Police sit in the lay-by on the Hemel aylesbury in front of lorrys so you cant see them. And like i said got flashed on m25...

Bit late for April fool's jokes :bangin:

If it's a serious question it does sound like you need a disiesel......careful not to get anything with more than 125 torks though :lol:

I have you know that my runaround is a 68 BHP Skoda Octavia 1.9 SDI and most Definately fast enough to get caught in a speed trap. Though I like the 65 plus to the gallon.

I know, I had a Golf IV GT TDi 150 and it was quick. Well, it felt quick - a real boost/torque fest. Good fun but it was like a black and white film compared to glorious technicolor :lol: It did 42mpg hoofing it everywhere too :thumbs:

Get yourself on internet dating, it worked for me, never been happier :):thumbs:

I'd just like someone. anyone will do.

Tried and failed.

I'll vouch for internet dating.... worked a treat, although there was one woman in St Albans!!!****!!! (well lets just say I wish I'd owned the Zed on that date!)

:lol: