Football back in the gutter

spursmaddave

After all the good things said in the last couple of weeks about things being more important than football, it gets dragged into the gutter once again by some mindless violence. Unusually though it was on the pitch not the streets or terraces... hopefully the preverbial book will be throw at both clubs they should be disgusted with their employees behavior. I know that if I raised my fists at work for whatever reason I would be sacked no question so should all those involved be treated the same?

bradford%2Bbrawl.jpg

it never left the gutter ;)

it leaned one druken arm out, but the rest of the body was well and truly entrenched in the gutter.

its been in the gutter so long, the council has given it planning permission and its own door number.

if it keeps going it won;t be long before it takes residence in the sewers. :lol:

Maybe I'm a bit of an oik but I think theres nothing better than a load of handbags in a league game because it never gets any worse than a couple of well placed slaps. Granted it can get a bit messy in amatuer footy when the local psycho nips to his car to retrieve his machete but games like this never amount to any real damage to anyone.

Its all part of the experiance......that and the odd bone shuddering challenge.

it never left the gutter ;)

it leaned one druken arm out, but the rest of the body was well and truly entrenched in the gutter.

its been in the gutter so long, the council has given it planning permission and its own door number.

if it keeps going it won;t be long before it takes residence in the sewers. :lol:

+1

Not that it isn't corrupt as hell - but its not like football stands alone

Rugby is hardly clean cut either, players gouging attempting to blind other players for starters.

As for out and out cheating...

Cycling, drug cheats rife left right and centre.

Athletics champions, again drug taking all over the shop.

Cricket!

Yet watch Ice Hockey and brawling is encouraged :doh:

was gonna say the same about ice hockey,

personally I'm a big football fan, but if they made fighting acceptable like in hockey i bet it wouldn't happen,

i can see it now

" right dickheads, you wanna fight, do it, you two, Van persie, ashley cole get it over with" i somehow think they'd change there minds if they might actually get a smack in the mouth rather than be able to slap each other round the back of the head.

i imagine certain players would revel in a good punch up, would make it more interesting for the fans, would offer something else of a speckle, like cheer leader in american football.

Not that it isn't corrupt as hell - but its not like football stands alone

Rugby is hardly clean cut either, players gouging attempting to blind other players for starters.

As for out and out cheating...

Cycling, drug cheats rife left right and centre.

Athletics champions, again drug taking all over the shop.

Cricket!

Yet watch Ice Hockey and brawling is encouraged :doh:

yes but football is a non contact sport. and in rugby the one thing they have that football doesnt is respect for the referee and video refs. if you swear at a rugby ref, your team is penalised etc. and your sin binned. it still has issues with corruption, but football is so badly tainted by money thats all its about the cash these days and not so much the game.

football needs caps on player salaries, it needs to reinstall respect for authority and the referee system, it needs to bring in the 3rd ref (video) if a ref is not sure go to the video judge.

and thats just to start with, i don't remember any racial issues or as many in other sports, or the homophobia. nor do i remember rubgy matches needing riot police to break up the fans.

i can drink beer at rugby, hockey, basket ball, american football. in all of those matches i don't have to be segregated from the oposition. can't say the same for football.

yes but football is a non contact sport.

Debatable, it never used to be it's just that the powers that be trying to make it go this way, personally I don't think it should be. Whilst I don't like to see players getting injured good strong tackles are definitely an important part of the game in my opinion.

yes but football is a non contact sport.

Debatable, it never used to be it's just that the powers that be trying to make it go this way, personally I don't think it should be. Whilst I don't like to see players getting injured good strong tackles are definitely an important part of the game in my opinion.

just had a read up you might be right,

In the USA proper sports are now known as collision sports like rugby, american football hockey etc. and pansy games like soccer are now known as contact sports as they're allowed to touch each other. :lol: compared to non contact like table tennis.

Footballs a vicious sport though, i can see why it might be upgraded to a contact sport

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwST-t-YyCs

its just loucky no one got their handbag out, or there could have been some serious injuries :lol:

Unlike proper sport

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAb3_Y6safQ

now thats how you tackle someone :lol: