House and cars have been smashed up yet again!!

SparksCW

You might remember my last thread where my dads house was attacked by two thugs with CO2 pistols and smashed the windows of a dodge ram, a van and a jag. Well they came back again last night and have now progressed to smashing up the house.

They have smashed a dummy CCTV camera, three lanterns, the bay windows, the gate intercom, every window on a FRIENDS truck and every window Plus bodywork of my step mums new audi convertible. Luckily they left my dads brand new dodge ram alone.

The police can't do anything again, it all points to one person but we can't prove it! We don't know why or what we have done other than we suspect that they are trying to scare my dad into selling as they want the land for development, really can't see why else it would be.

As usual attack is on video but police can't do anything so we've uploaded to YouTube and are going to the news on Monday. Don't expect it will catch them but it may put them off doing it again if thy see it. Who knows.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrSparksCW

I feel really sorry for my dad he's just trying to live his life and run his business we dont need any of this!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's sickening.

Get a couple of Rottweilers to live in the front yard.

The police really can't do anything...? On the second video you can see one of them put their hands down on the wall... Would be worth a check for fingerprints. I'd say they were 18-22yrs old too... They're too big for kids. That might sway the police too...

Really feel sorry for you, but to be honest your dad needs a MUCH better cctv system. Mine has motion detection alarm, mobile phone alert and remote viewing. You need more and better cameras. Photo electric beams linked to the house alarm is also adviseable. Failing that a 10 stone Rotty like ours is a useful deterrent even to the boldest hoody!

Hope you get it all sorted.

That's sickening.

Get a couple of Rottweilers to live in the front yard.

The police really can't do anything...? On the second video you can see one of them put their hands down on the wall... Would be worth a check for fingerprints. I'd say they were 18-22yrs old too... They're too big for kids. That might sway the police too...

CSI Portsmouth were out last night doing all that, but doubt it'll return anything worthwhile

:bang:

Wow thats horrible. :(

Would it be worth upgrading the CCTv so you can get some better footage? I'd also suggest some metal spikes like you get on top of gates to go around the walls too. Might also be worth looking at some IP CCTVs which you can hook up wirelessly and dot them around the place, perhaps moving them now and again.

The Police in this country really are such a let down when it comes to this kind of thing, especially as its happened to you before. You'd think they'd at least have some kind of camera system you could borrow.

Really feel sorry for you, but to be honest your dad needs a MUCH better cctv system. Mine has motion detection alarm, mobile phone alert and remote viewing. You need more and better cameras. Photo electric beams linked to the house alarm is also adviseable. Failing that a 10 stone Rotty like ours is a useful deterrent even to the boldest hoody :lol:

Hope you get it all sorted.

Lol they are £1200 each Mobotix cameras, they do all of that and more but that won't stop anything. A neighbour called cops at time of event and my dad etc returned home about 20 minutes later followed by me about 10 mins after that so a mobile alert wouldn't have stopped anything. Day time picture is amazing, but unfortunately at night nothing is really that amazing.

My next step is to install a perimeter alarm linked to a telephone dialer etc, I am also going to link it to the house lights so that when armed and broken it will turn all of the house lights on, might deter them if they think someone's at home and heard them. Will probably set a large floodlight and maybe an audible alarm too. Don't think cameras are all that much use to be honest, and that's coming from me who sometimes installs them professionally! It's fine at daytime but night time with hoods and masks its worthless.

The police are shambolic. I work for a technological company named after a fruit managing a store and before christmas apprehended and detained someone who was shoplifting. Even though the guy i held was on CCTV taking the item he was let go by the police when they arrived, because he passed the item to an accomplice when i approached them (despite having wire cutters on his person)

Fast forward 3 months... Two police men turned up this week to take a witness statement. 3 MONTHS!!! actually thought someone was playing a joke on me.

Best of luck finding the little scrots anyway :thumbs:

Presumably waited til your dad had gone out. Definitely agree with you on the perimeter alarm. Railings on top of the walls would help as well. Problem is even if you make the drive safe, what's to stop them throwing milk bottles full of nitromors over the wall?

Maybe a couple of disrceet cameras pointing up and down the road? Not sure what the answer is :angry:

Really feel for you.

Police are useless in most situations like that and even if they caught them nothing would happen anyway , If you have an idea who it is get a bunch of your friends abit of equipment and go kick there door in and worn them if it happens again it will go to the next level .

Fight fire with fire but turn up the heat

Also cement broken glass on to the top of your wall

what's to stop them throwing milk bottles full of nitromors over the wall?

Maybe a couple of disrceet cameras pointing up and down the road? Not sure what the answer is :angry:

Really feel for you.

They have already done this :( the last attack when they threw paint at the gates and cars etc from outside, as they left they threw a sprite bottle full of paint stripper over the wall, fortunately the car was in the garage at the time so it didn't get the car.

However the second attack they did they got into the drive and poured paint stripper over a Lexus LS460, a dodge ram and a jaguar XJR. all three had to have full resprays costing over £25k

There must be something underlying and a reason why they target your Dads house.

I cant watch the Video, but it must be sickening having this happen. Police, :yawn:

My wifes car was stolen some years ago, police saw them on CCTV in Chichester, caught them 2 weeks later, living in the car, an had the cheek to say there wasnt enough evidence...WTF.

Hope something positive comes out for your Dad.

This is now illegal, health and safety reasons, as the law stands, if the thief gets cut by your glass on your wall, protecting your home, the thieves can sue the home owner....

Now there's justice for you.....stupid stupid country :bang::bang::bang:

If you suspect you know who it is :shrug: there is more than one way to skin a cat, as they say. :blush:

Also cement broken glass on to the top of your wall

Why can't the Police do anything?

I take it you mean they don't have an ID of an offender?

If you 'know' who it is and have good enough reason for believing that then if I was them I would be bringing him/her in anyway. Enough to arrest and then hope for some forensics / house search or a 'cough'.

Cant watch the footage either for some reason.

hows your dad doing and is the insurance company paying for everything?

My dad isn't too bad, but isn't great, got enough going on with the business to not have to think about this stuff. My step mum on the other hand was distraught, she was better today but she's not great at all.

The insruance company will pay but he's got to think if he really wants to, as this is the third claim in the past year due to vandalism. The bodyshop were out today (same one who just finished my zed :thumbs: ) and say the rear hood and screen to the Audi is £5k on it's own let alone the other windows and the body damage. So yeah insurance would pay, but the premiums will go up even more :rant:

He offered to pay for all the windows on his friends truck, whilst its not my dad's fault its not really fair on his friend, I think his friend said he would go through his insurance as it wasn't my dads fault etc. That's what's upset my dad the most, is they smashed up a car of a friend from up north who was visiting for the weekend.

The thing is, they waited for my dad etc to go out for the evening, like they did last time, so who else would know when he is going out other than the neighbour?