May we have some pictures of dirty cars instead?

NeilMH

In recent days there has been an endless stream of very shiny cars posted up.

I am getting depressed as my poor roadster now lives outside all year round. I may have to accept that my bucket/sponge technique is unsatisfactory, unless I can be reassured that there are some dirty 350Zs out there?

When I say dirty I mean grimy or unclean as to any other interpretation certain members might place on the title of this posting.

Failing this I may have to get my finger out, so to speak.

In recent days there has been an endless stream of very shiny cars posted up.

I am getting depressed as my poor roadster now lives outside all year round. I may have to accept that my bucket/sponge technique is unsatisfactory, unless I can be reassured that there are some dirty 350Zs out there?

When I say dirty I mean grimy or unclean as to any other interpretation certain members might place on the title of this posting.

Failing this I may have to get my finger out, so to speak.

Sorry mate, I assume I was the straw that broke the camels back.....but it was my duty.. :D

My 350 was usually nice and shiny but i did let things slip a little over the winter and just before i sold her :blush: Black was always so tricky to keep clean.

I refused to take pics though lol, other forum members were not so kind however.

Do I take it a sponge is not a done thing?

What would be the cleaning item of choice then??

As a soon-to-be Zed owner this would be a useful thing to know...I was just thinking of slinging it through my local car wash...I believe those whirling things are good for the paintwork :wacko:

As a soon-to-be Zed owner this would be a useful thing to know...I was just thinking of slinging it through my local car wash...I believe those whirling things are good for the paintwork :wacko:

Get yourself a cleaning mitt, avoids scratching the car which sponges will easily do. There are quite a few detailing threads on here describing the best products to get and how to use them.

I think this is the dirtiest she's been, this was coming back from a detailing seminar at meguiars, weather was really bad and driving down country roads for a pub lunch after didn't help, by the time we got home it looked like I'd been rallying, she was cleaned the next day though lol

IMAG0295.jpg

I think this is the dirtiest she's been, this was coming back from a detailing seminar at meguiars, weather was really bad and driving down country roads for a pub lunch after didn't help, by the time we got home it looked like I'd been rallying, she was cleaned the next day though lol

IMAG0295.jpg

Must be a dirty camera lens :)

Just asking what has everyone got against sponges.... :bounce:

I make sure the sponges are clean, as well as the bucket before I touch the car with it.

I have always been using this method, and not have any problems. I have used it on my landcruiser which is 17 years old and she still looks brand new B)

DSC04821.jpg

A bit of light reading for you ;)

I don't seem to have any pictures of any of my cars dirty anywhere... I'll see if I can find an unattended field on the drive home from w*rk tomorrow. :lol:

I make sure the sponges are clean, as well as the bucket before I touch the car with it.

I have always been using this method, and not have any problems. I have used it on my landcruiser which is 17 years old and she still looks brand new.

Nothing at all.

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/dodo-juic ... sponge.php

dodosponge.JPG

So I say yes, yes, yes to a sponge :p But I still prefer the wookies fist for most of the car.

I have always been using this method, and not have any problems. I have used it on my landcruiser which is 17 years old and she still looks brand new B)

DSC04821.jpg

You mentioned the word ......sponge......... :scare: .........

Deliberately. I'm from an era where a sponge was a luxury, as was central heating and a direct dial telephone and double glazing :lol:

You can add condoms to that list :doh:

Yes to sponges, Toyotas and Condoms in no particular order.

I have always been using this method, and not have any problems. I have used it on my landcruiser which is 17 years old and she still looks brand new.

Nothing at all.

http://www.elitecarcare.co.uk/dodo-juic ... sponge.php

dodosponge.JPG

So I say yes, yes, yes to a sponge :p But I still prefer the wookies fist for most of the car.

+1 except I use a Zymol sponge :p

Reticulated Polyester Foam. This is what Pipercross used to use in their air filters and spray it with silicon to 'catch' the bits. To get the egg box effect, foam is put between two rollers with 'feet' and depending on how much it is compressed when the blade glides between the two rollers depends on how much off an egg box effect you get. The thing is would you want to wash your car with this? ;)

I am full of useful information :lol:

PS I designed the sponge that used to go into the Kiddicraft Vac that many of you will remember from your childhood :)