fuel 6 alloys

Dano190485

hi i have a 57 plate 350z gt, ive recently had a accident and need to replace my rays. ive been looking around and i like the fuel 6 alloys. but im not to sure if there fit my car, so was wondering if anybody in here has had them or knows if there fit.

havent got much of a clue with stuff like this so i will be greatful for the help

Got a link to them?

I had a quick Google - I'd personally avoid them like the plague. This is just an assumption... but they look cheap and heavy with poor offsets.

I'd suggest that you either replace the Rays or look at something like ROTA's. I'm sure some of the sponsors/vendors on here will be able to assist. What is your budget?

I really don't understand tha fascination with ROTA's!

I've asked this in the past and I have got 2 answers:

1 - They look good ont he car

2 - RareRims is a trader on the forum and sells ROTAs.

But I just don't understand why people are so fascinated by ROTAs on a Zed.

They look good, but imho, there's wheels out there that look a lot better on a Zed. Also, what about individuality? Surely it's more than coincidence that people happen to like the same rims?

I just don't understand this loyalty to ROTAs....am I missing something here?

my budget is only £500-£600 but thats without tyres any ideas

If you like the Fuel 6 ones then go for it, they might be heavy and not to everyones tastse but it's your car at the end of the day :thumbs:

I would personally just get another set of Rays as they are light and made for the Zed B)

I really don't understand tha fascination with ROTA's!

I've asked this in the past and I have got 2 answers:

1 - They look good ont he car

2 - RareRims is a trader on the forum and sells ROTAs.

But I just don't understand why people are so fascinated by ROTAs on a Zed.

They look good, but imho, there's wheels out there that look a lot better on a Zed. Also, what about individuality? Surely it's more than coincidence that people happen to like the same rims?

I just don't understand this loyalty to ROTAs....am I missing something here?

I don't think there is any loyalty or fascination with them. They've just found the right price point.

You have the cheap, gaudy, heavy stuff and you have the expensive, lightweight, high quality stuff. ROTA probably fits somewhere in the middle.

Fair enough, but for so many people to buy the same rims is a bit strange!

They suit the car though, so that always helps!

The wheels look OEM on the car, fit the wheel arches perfectly (not leaving large holes and being too small as with the RAYS imho and not stupidly rubbing everywhere as with many other aftermarket wheels on other cars). In addition, they are reasonably priced, perfect offsets and widths and have a high quality finish. What's not to like?

You've answered your own question there.

Well not really, because there are a lot of rims out there that look better imo.

That's why it makes the fact that so many people have gone for ROTAs so strange.

It's actually a crazy conspiracy theory. CS and Rarerims each run 20 additional board multi accounts to create an illusion that everybody has them to pressurise people into thinking that they really ought to purchase them themselves. All photos are photoshopped and there are rumours that Andy's RX-7 boot hides alien bodies that escaped from Area 51.

Well not really, because there are a lot of rims out there that look better imo.

That's why it makes the fact that so many people have gone for ROTAs so strange.

Yes really. You said 'it's strange that so many people buy Rota's' and followed it up with 'they do suit the car though'.

Which is why so many people have bought them.

my budget is only £500-£600 but thats without tyres any ideas

That kind of budget, you could get some 18" XXR wheels, even staggered (SRB Power sell them) with correct PCD of 114.3 and good offsets.

http://www.srbpower.com/products/XXR-52 ... HROME.html

527-chromium-front__04214_zoom.jpg

http://www.srbpower.com/products/XXR-52 ... BLACK.html

522-flat-black-front__66451_zoom.jpg

Yes really. You said 'it's strange that so many people buy Rota's' and followed it up with 'they do suit the car though'.

I'm still going with Not Really on this mate.

They suit the car...yes.

But so do many other rims....and what surprises me, is that out of all of the options that Zed owners have to choose from, so many have gone for the same wheel.

If there was only 1 set of rims that suited the Zed and that happened to be the ROTAs, then you'd have a point, but from a statistical basis, the odds of so many different people all coming to the same conclusion from such a vast array of options, is as I said originally, "a bit strange".

They suit the car...yes.

But so do many other rims....and what surprises me, is that out of all of the options that Zed owners have to choose from, so many have gone for the same wheel.

If there was only 1 set of rims that suited the Zed and that happened to be the ROTAs, then you'd have a point, but from a statistical basis, the odds of so many different people all coming to the same conclusion from such a vast array of options, is as I said originally, "a bit strange".

They are cheap, the majority of owners these days are tight arses. Conspiracy over

It's actually a crazy conspiracy theory. CS and Rarerims each run 20 additional board multi accounts to create an illusion that everybody has them to pressurise people into thinking that they really ought to purchase them themselves. All photos are photoshopped and there are rumours that Andy's RX-7 boot hides alien bodies that escaped from Area 51.

Love the imagination!

What other conspiracy theories can you entertain us all with until the bell goes for hometime?!

They are cheap, the majority of owners these days are tight arses. Conspiracy over

You calling me a tight arse GTR boy??? :boxing:

Anyway stop sitting on the fence tell us what you really think! ;)

:lol::lol:

You calling me a tight arse GTR boy??? :boxing:

Anyway stop sitting on the fence tell us what you really think! ;)

I'm often surprised how many rims look awful on Zeds - rims which I like when I see an image of them by themselves but once on a 350 look dreadful. I'm guessing it's as the Zed is so aesthetically strong it doesn't suit overly complicated 'fussy' alloys hence the Rays and the Rotas suit it so well.

I personally think the Rota's look great. Yes they do look plain compared to others so I can see why AresnalMoh might find them a bit dull.

All subjective though, innnit?

S.

They suit the car...yes.

If a wheel suits a car and is a reasonable price then people buy it - the post piccies up and when people want to consider a new wheel they search for piccies to see what it looks like.

Rota's look good and therefore rather than take a chance on another wheel where fitment or piccies are not available they go for the safe option.

Plus as said above they almost look OEM which is often the preference for some people than going a bit 'out there'.

I was at a tyre garage a mate of mine owns today and he threw the 18x10's from his Skyline onto my car to have a look, car is black, they were white and I must say, with a set of 305 40 rubber on it really did look amazing.

I'm often surprised how many rims look awful on Zeds - rims which I like when I see an image of them by themselves but once on a 350 look dreadful. I'm guessing it's as the Zed is so aesthetically strong it doesn't suit overly complicated 'fussy' alloys hence the Rays and the Rotas suit it so well.

I personally think the Rota's look great. Yes they do look plain compared to others so I can see why AresnalMoh might find them a bit dull.

All subjective though, innnit?

S.

:thumbs:

The ROTA debate isn't really helping the OP is it?

Feel free to start another thread on it, and keep this one on topic.

All I would say on the metter is - Rota's are cheap, available quickly in the UK, look good, and have correct offsets for the Zed. Hence they are popular.

If WEDS or VOLKS cost the same as ROTA's, everyone would be buying those. It's not hard to work out.