Why is the 350Z so good on insurance?!

370Ad

For a 3.5 V6 its very very good to insure.

I am 23, been driving for 6 years have 4 years NCB, live in a decent area and its £450 for the year.

My Celica T Sport was £500 last year, i know i am a year older but its a bit of a different car!

Anyway kind of a pointless thread but :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

• Like 1

I've held a license for 2 years and have 1 year NCB, the 350z (shockingly) came in £100 lower than the 68hp Skoda Fabia 1.2 it replaced.

However,

Given that it's becoming relatively "afforable" for us less experienced drivers, the number of accidents is quite possibly going to increase, which might have an impact later down the line. The car absolutely terrifies me and I really can't control it very well yet (OK, so I've only done 20 miles in it). The thing goes from 20 > 45mph in the time it takes a boson to vanish in a puff of logic. Very scary for town drivers, despite the efficient brakes...

• Like 1

For a 3.5 V6 its very very good to insure.

I am 23, been driving for 6 years have 4 years NCB, live in a decent area and its £450 for the year.

My Celica T Sport was £500 last year, i know i am a year older but its a bit of a different car!

Anyway kind of a pointless thread but :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Who are you insured with...:)

Yes, who are you with? There is something called value for money and £450 is a lot to pay if it's just a piece of paper. Review sites will often tell you a lot about a company when it comes to B) crunch time.

"Good" to insure?! :lol: thats very much down to where you live and your circumstances.

In my case its the most expensive car ive ever had to insure. I went from a Golf GT TDI which was costing me £200 a year to the zed. I have 19 years NCB, never made a claim, live in a cul-de-sac full of old biddies where theres zero crime, im 40 years old and my premium on the zed was coming in at £900 fully comp. In comparison a BMW M3 came in at just over £600, a Porsche Boxster was about £700 and even a £50grand Nissan GTR was coming in at £750. For the insurance cost, i may as well got a lambourghini as im sure that would be cheaper for me to insure than the zed.

As a comparison my 200mph Yamaha R1 costs me just £66 to insure! And ive been quoted £80 to insure my 220bhp Renault 5 GT Turbo fully comp, which is quicker than my zed :lol:

After playing with numbers and locations it seems to be down to the fact insurance companies dont like RWD cars, mines also a roadster so higher insurance group i think, and even though I live in an old peoples home nearly, my postcode seems to be a higher risk than my previous home which was in a crime ridden city centre.

The thing goes from 20 > 45mph in the time it takes a boson to vanish in a puff of logic. Very scary for town drivers, despite the efficient brakes...

The throttle is not an on/off switch, you can press it gently and it will accelerate at a very gentle pace ;)

• Like 2

Insured with Admiral and the quote was through confused.com which i believe is also owned by the admiral group, so a pretty well known company, not heard any horror stories through them.

I know people only write to review centres when they want to complain or praise so the "just satisfied" mob won't even write in. But I have to admit this site influenced me a little. :dry:

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews11381.html

Im 25 and have 3 years no claims and i am paying £840 with admiral too. I've just replaced a w reg pug 306 and its only costing me £200 a year more.

Iv been with admiral before and bell witch is part of the same group, and had to make a claim with both. And apart from trying to get a accurate valuation for my silvia (which was a fairly rare import) which i wrote off there were really good.

Insured with Admiral and the quote was through confused.com which i believe is also owned by the admiral group, so a pretty well known company, not heard any horror stories through them.

I know people only write to review centres when they want to complain or praise so the "just satisfied" mob won't even write in. But I have to admit this site influenced me a little. :dry:

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews11381.html

Thanks for the info.

Most of the horror stories seem to link to automatic renewal, which in itself is very annoying as you have to call up but you do get a letter 14 days before hand telling you that they are going to do it.

Much rather make a phone call and save myself a few bob!

Been insured with admiral for the last 4 years, only ever made a claim for windscreen chip and that seemed to go smooth enough.

Just pray you never need to claim through them or ask them to do anything other than renew your policy (which will be huge amount dearer than they would offer to a new customer).

Useless does not even come into it. Plus if you ever do have the misfortune to have an accident for the love of christ do NOT let them put you on to Albany Assistance - parastic remtards.

Cheap insurance is cheap insurance..okay till you claim.......£400 for a perfect history20 something isnt enough...

i dont understand?

im 20 something and very cheap and with one of the most reputable companys around

I'm 23, Been driving since I was 17 and got 5 years no claims. Never made a claim or any offences. According to admiral who I'm also with I live it a very safe area and yet my renewal, which is due on the 26th this month, is 770!!! And I can't find any cheaper on comparison sites.

I going to have to make a phone call...

I'm 23, Been driving since I was 17 and got 5 years no claims. Never made a claim or any offences. According to admiral who I'm also with I live it a very safe area and yet my renewal, which is due on the 26th this month, is 770!!! And I can't find any cheaper on comparison sites.

I going to have to make a phone call...

770 is good, theres guys on here who are 40 somethings and they are still over 1k

Just fallen out with Admiral.

Have recently bought a Kuga, which is lower insurance group and lower performance than the Seat Altea FR that it replaces. Its a piece more expensive, but still.

£60 increase on the premium for the remaining 11 months. Negotiated it down to a £32.50 increase, but still, an increase for a lower group lower performance car. :dry:

Excuse... Relatively inexperienced in driving this type of car. :shrug:

The cancellation fee, and the discount I would lose on the second vehicle (multicar) outweighted the difference that I could make by insuring with a cheaper quote elsewhere, so I had no choice but to suck up the increase. They also seem to have offshored the last of their call centres too. There is a lovely Welsh lady on the menu options, and even spoke to one when I tried calling another number - but in the end, to make changes to my policy, Im talking to an offshore centre.

They had no idea what the car type was. I couldnt remember its original reg, and Ive just put a private plate on it, so couldnt get it from the reg. When asking about options or factory fitted extras, they couldnt just list the "X-pack" as they wanted to know what that gave the car over standard. I knew some bits but not all, and the latest brochure doesnt shed much light on it as they changed the model year in October, and ours is a September manufacture date, so different packs added different things at that point in time.

The Panoramic roof doesnt need to be listed as part of a factory fitted option, but the parking sensors do! :wacko: Heated seats are an "interior modifocation", even though they are factory fitted as part of the "x-pack". Im not confident Ive got the car insured with all the options listed - but at least most of it should be covered. Glad I got the gap insurance on it now, as at least I may have something else to back up a flimsy policy from Admiral if the worst happens.

Come renewal time, both cars will be leaving them, and Ill be insuring with a company that does not have any offshore call centres, even if it does cost a bit more. The policy price from Admiral on the multicar was nice while it lasted, but its not worth enough to put up with a 45 minute call to try and make what should be a simple change - and then get shafted for it too.

I'm 30 years young with 2 years of NCB ...

I only paid £770 back in December through Admiral which was by far the best the quote I got ...

I was previously insured though their sister company Bell.co.uk ... who sent me a renewal quote of £1280!

Not sure how that works .. LoL

:lol:

I'm 30 years young with 2 years of NCB ...

I only paid £770 back in December through Admiral which was by far the best the quote I got ...

I was previously insured though their sister company Bell.co.uk ... who sent me a renewal quote of £1280!

Not sure how that works .. LoL

:lol:

They know that a certain percentage of people will just renew without checking other companies prices, so most companies will seriously jack up their renewal. Its even better if they use the "auto renewal" on your credit card and take the cash off you without you doing anything.

I remember one year having my renewal coming through and it was for 700 for my old golf. I checked on line and cheapest I found was 250. So ring up existing insurance company and they immediately dropped it from 700 to 250 without even querying it!!! Absolutely rediculous and shows you the amount of profit they make on insurance. My details were identical as I simply clicked on "resubmit quotation" on confused.com rather than retype them all in.

I was a bit miffed to see that my indicative quote on Meerkat magically jumped by £100 when I came to actually buy the damn thing and they had to flick my ear by charging me extra for using a credit card. Anyway, mine came in at £880ish.

Held my license for 2 years ( :blush: ), age 32, 1 year NCB. Perhaps not bad, considering that I live in SE London. The car's been parked outside for a fortnight now and not been keyed/broken in to/vandalised/petrol bombed in a riot/stolen.

Give it another week perhaps...