Why is the 350Z so good on insurance?!

370Ad

I've just used confused.com to get prices for an £11,550 350Z. No mods, 20+ years NCB, 3000 miles restriction, 250 excess, protected NCB, courtesy car, driveway parked, me and my spouse only to drive.

Elephant, Bell, Admiral and Diamond all came in at between £372 and £380.

BIG downside is, you have to declare your age at 61 !!

As a direct comparison, the best quote on my current car, a UK MR2, was from AXA and was £149.69

Other than insuring cars, can anyone see another advantage to being 61?

Steve

Wow compared to some of your quotes i really do have a good deal.

Its amazing what an area code does to your insurance.

Odd thing with admiral is that its cheaper to park your car on the drive than in the garage! :bang:

Wow compared to some of your quotes i really do have a good deal.

Its amazing what an area code does to your insurance.

Odd thing with admiral is that its cheaper to park your car on the drive than in the garage! :bang:

Even cheaper if you park it on the road outside!!!!

Whilst not related to zed insurance, but shows you how greedy insurance companies are... I just had my motorbike insurance company call me up and remind me that my bike insurance is due for renewal next month. Bare in mind I paid £66 last year to insure my Yamaha R1 for 12 months. So, they go through my details and come back with a quote of £146 this year. Whilst im on the phone to her i quickly load up confused.com, put my details in and the cheapest on there is coming back at £67 for same cover. Point this out to the lady on the phone. She immediately knocks the premium down to £80. I haggle a bit more and she halves the price on legal protection (not that i wanted it anyway) and gets the premium down to £65 for 12 months, including legal protection & protected ncb. So £146 down to £65 in the space of 1 phone call. :thumbs: Normally protected NCB is about 30quid a year, so makes me wonder if i could have got the premium down to about 20quid a year had i tried harder and removed protected ncb & legal protection.

Ive no idea why an R1 is 1/12 the price of my zed to insure. Maybe if you crash a motorbike your`ll do less damage than stacking a zed.?

• 2 weeks later...

anyone had good experience with insurers once the car has been modded - current insurer wanted about 60 quid more a year for having nismo exhaust! And more for having locking wheel nuts which i thought would of brought the premium down for security reasons :wacko:

anyone had good experience with insurers once the car has been modded - current insurer wanted about 60 quid more a year for having nismo exhaust! And more for having locking wheel nuts which i thought would of brought the premium down for security reasons :wacko:

Try Sky insurance :thumbs:

It's even cheaper parked on the road than on the driveway.

fiddling about with your occupation and putting named drivers on also brings it down :wacko:

Try Sky insurance :thumbs:

Livingstone Warman - quality.......that is all.

• 2 weeks later...

My insurance in Northern Ireland is coming in at £1208/year I'm 24 with 4 years NCB and driving for 6.. Car worth £8k and declaring mods springs, exhaust, wider wheels, bigger wheels and air filter (pop charger)

Its £400 a year more then my RenaultSport Clio 197.. I'm happy with the quote as insurance is usually silly expensive over here! Before I bought the car I was getting quotes for £930 but the price naturally went up and when I declared the mods it went up by another £150..

• 2 weeks later...

Ouch,

Got a quote off Admiral for a 350Z (I don't have one yet, thinking on it)

Was £660 fully comp for a year, I am 39, full clear license for nearly 20 years? I live in Cheshire, and not that bad an area - how do they make these quotes up?

Age and postcode seem to be the main advantage?

Was quoted £238 for fully protected insurance on mine. That was with Directline.

Then when I rang them to pay they told me it would be £878 as I couldn't use no claims discount on more than 1 vehicle (I'm not stupid, I knew that) so told them I had more than one company vehicle and would take one off the road to use that discount, back to £238.

Then they queried all the vehicles (even though all my insurance is with them) and said as I was a builder the cost would rise to £570.

Proved I own the company, insured the car with occupation listed as 'Company Director', back down to £251.

Threatened to move all vehicles to another company and was offered an additional 5% discount across the lot so long as I re-insured next year, priced guaranteed not to rise.

Final payment for 1 years insurance was amaizingly, £238 as per the original online quote!!!

It might help if you give us the overal figure?

:p

• 2 weeks later...