Why is the 350Z so good on insurance?!

370Ad

For a 3.5 V6 its very very good to insure.

I am 23, been driving for 6 years have 4 years NCB, live in a decent area and its £450 for the year.

My Celica T Sport was £500 last year, i know i am a year older but its a bit of a different car!

Anyway kind of a pointless thread but :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

:angry::headhurt: How much?? :scare: Im 32 and paying just under a grand :bang: Now granted for the last 10 years ive not had a policy in my name, always been a named driver but got no claims applied with it and been a commercial vehicle driver as well (classed as a higher risk, when you drive a trannie :lol::lol: ) Up untill last week ive never had a bloody accident but couldnt for love nor money get owt that cheap

Even the A5 before the Zed with all its fancy angry german lady shouting at ya safety devices was still 800 notes... :scare:

Are you married to the insurance unions daughter or somet?? :lol::lol:

Im feeling spanked

I'm gobsmacked! It really is cheap - although I had 2 cars and got a bit cornered into buying a new second policy for the Z last year which wasn't that cheap (Swinton :bang: ), I'm back to one policy / one car again this year.... and it came in at £279 fully comp :yahoo: I put the wife on as a named driver (yeah right lol), and parked on the drive - not garaged.

All done on line without fuss using confused.com, resulting in Admiral. Mine is a JDM too...

OK so I'm 47, but in any case I'm Hyper pleased!

How muchhh!!!

I've got 6 years NCB, driving 7 years and mine is £980!!!

Through admiral!!!!

I was with Admiral until this renewal (today infact)Last year it was £780, this year Admiral wanted £950 odd, found it online for cheaper on moneysupermarket and admiral price matched the car. I then gave adrian Flux a call and I'm now insured through them on Equity Red star (I think) This year is one of my cheapest at £530, I'm only 27 with 5 years NCB and a minor speeding infringement (sp50) and 25k miles a year with SDP&C

Definitely worth shopping around!

I am with admiral too....

36 - I cant believe some of you early 20 somthings who can afford a zed, fair play to you!!

drive way parking

£150 excess

13 years protected NCB

£231

this is including a discount for a multicar policy

(total policy is £450 with the wifes punto on it too)

This is a LOT cheaper than my old fiat coupe 20VT+ which was worth around half as much money as my zed, and my coupe was safer in poor conditions as well I suspect (no traction control but FWD)

I think aside from the area I live in it is that i put only an estimated 5000 miles a year on mine and NOT doing the work run in it (I maybe drive it to work once a week tops so dropped the work part of the policy). these cars are pretty secure I guess and you cant smash it up when you aint driving it.

Personally I want to keep the zed for enjoyment not doing the rat run in. Luckily i work in the same place as the mrs so we can car share.

I see that no one has used AXA via the co compare site for an OEM zed.

You might be pleasantly surprised. B)

For modified tri the 2 Insurers who advertise on the Forum.

Sky and Christ Knott.

They seem to match each others quotes.

Thenoname

B)

Im with axa, cost me £426 off the top of my head for me and my gf both 27 with 6 years no claims each.

Anyway more to the point, looking at the title of this thread it looks like the OP is moaning about the 350 being cheap, i want to know what its soooo f@$€ing expensive to insure other cars?!!! Im well chuffed about my qoute dont let the word out too loud thats its cheap or the insurance companies will be on it like a tramp on chips!!!!

its not good if you're in the forces, even though im in rural Norfolk!

No it seemed to be more?

I have LGV/PCV all types and Rospa Gold Civilian Police driving examiner (well l was ten years ago)

With the GTM supercharger I went with the 1st quote which was SKY.

I dont know why but when they said £1275 I didn't haggle.

I know l could have got it cheaper, but thus far everything is ok.

I will not pay that amount next time as my brain is firing on all cylinders again:)

Thenoname

:teeth:

• 2 months later...

I am amazed at the price differences from insurers, no wonder they are making millions of pounds profit.

I have had various quotes using compare the market with Sainsburys bank coming in cheapest at £382 (off the top of my head) up to £1400.

I am 41, full NCB, an SP50 conviction also have full no claims on my van policy and a named driver on the wifes car too. It's a minefield that's for sure.

Not Zed related, but I bought my wife her first car back in April, a 2001 VW Polo (1.4) and was quoted £750 online with Aviva, I gave them a call, and after various negotiations I got it for £175 fully comp, just by threatening to cancel all my policies. Think I may give that a try with a Zed.

Reading this thread makes me kind of sad..

I'm with Adrian Flux, 23, driving 6 years (no ncb as I was on traders policies via work for many years) 1 pending no fault claim (someone went up the back of me a few months back), Tamworth area and paying £2568 :blackeye:

Cheapest I could find was insurethebox at £1200 but they wouldn't touch a fairlady and screw having big brother watching me.

Cheapest I could find was insurethebox at £1200 but they wouldn't touch a fairlady and screw having big brother watching me.

Big Brother?

Am l missing something?

:headhurt:

I think this is one of the companies that install a "black box" in your car that monitors everything you do such as speed, heavy breaking, turning hard and fast etc.

Have a look at the site, it monitors everything and I bet it would make it very interesting if you had to make a claim... :surrender:

It's not for me, as it won't even give me a quote :lol: But even if it did, i'd be spending more time watching my speed and trying to brake as gently as I could, instead of watching the road and paying attention to whats happening around me.

Have you tried the forum insurers?

l am using SKY for the time being.

Of course that will change when they quote me for renewal!

I have insurance until the 3rd March so i'm good for a while. I was just curious what it would cost in comparison to the companies on GoCompare for example so adjusted the dates to show as if it was next year with another years no claims and experience behind me. Admiral quoted £1188, that box thing said no lol

Ignor the box that says no is what advice I was given

Ring them up and talk to someone.

9 x's out of 10 they will give a price as its a buyers market at the moment.

But it certainly won't hurt to ring up SKY?

Your not obligated and it will give you some idea sat to budget for!

B)

We'll send out the most competitive renewal price available to us, if the price is uncompetitive when compared to other insurers for a like for like policy then we can look to use the price match service we have.

We have a 70% renewal retention rate and we do our utmost to keep customers with us.

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

We'll send out the most competitive renewal price available to us, if the price is uncompetitive when compared to other insurers for a like for like policy then we can look to use the price match service we have.

We have a 70% renewal retention rate and we do our utmost to keep customers with us.

Excellent stuff Ollie as if it's one thing I hate its paperwork.

:#1:

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

I just purchased a zed and shopped around for a quote.

25 yrs old, 7 years full UK driving license, No NCB (but I have 7 years no claims as a named driver), 2004 base spec 350z.

Went with Admiral in the end at £660

My full story here:

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=64162

First time I've been the policy holder, so hope to build up my NCB with the zed :teeth: