URGENT KIT info needed

frogspeed int

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think text speak is the only issue with this guy, he's rubbed a few members up the wrong way in this thread and others with his general attitude.

+1 we are genuinely nice to the vast majority of new members (as we have been to Val) but if noobs put members on the back foot from the start, patience soon wears thin.

This guy has told us he knows what he is doing and will meet deadlines, yet thinks its perfectly acceptable to come on here to find where he can get a fairly rare widebody kit for next day delivery. Then gets shirty when we say its not going to happen. :surrender::shrug:

I have been made to feel very welcome, you guys and gals have been a great help and as a newbie was really shocked by this guys response. A real lack of respect and politeness to people that clearly know a lot more than him.

In fact......

number_9.jpg

NoooooõÅøœóòöo

At least wait till he's out of school for some more hilarious replys that we can't understand

:thumbs:

Dont worry Neil. We started the countdown from 10 to give us plenty of time for fun and for him to start talking some sense ;)

If he carries on in the same way the countdown will continue, if he wakes up and starts talking some sense then the clock will stop.........it's his choice :)

Not a pack of i mature kids that probily dont mod there own cars so cant pass quality advice,

But guess thats the mentality of some Nissan owners..

**** takers and trolls are usualy the kind of people that begrudge others having some thing they dont ,they never know who they are talking to and pass judgement quickly..(probily dont even own a 350z )

I have 3 to play with they really don't float my boat but each to there own,(they dont fire on enough cylinders if you ask me ) drove this one home from milan and will drive and deliver to Russia over a month,

Careful you dont fall off that high horse of yours. ;)

There are only a few Vielside kitted Zeds, and even less that have had it done to a good standard. While you may be perfectly good at fitting and prepping a car, you need the right kit to start with. If you try to source a wide arch veilside in a single day, you are going to end up with an ill fitting load of rubbish. You cant polish a turd. You will then most likely still miss your deadline due to the extra work involved in getting it to fit. It would probably be a better idea to put the whole job back a few weeks to allow you the time to source the kit. If it is the client that has made this decision to have a kit at the last minute, then they need to be advised that decision will add some delay in order to ensure they get a quality kit and not some half arsed aerofix job.

It would make more sense to delay a project due to a customers last minute decisions and still deliver thema quality product rather than try to accomodate these last minute decisions without moving the deadline and deliver a poor end result. Just tell the customer they can have a quality product and a delay, or a poor product sooner.

PS how do i post pics?

find the image you want on google etc and then put the full address of that picture in your post, highlight it and press the button marked "Img" when posting.

your link should appear something like this: img just without the spaces.

Your image then appears like this:

number_8_yellow.png

You could try one of these widebody kits, although I cannot speak in any way for the quality, durability, availability, delivery, fitment or suitability of them to your clients needs.

http://www.stxstyling.co.uk/StxStyling/Cars/showit.php?pnum=3544

http://www.stxstyling.co.uk/StxStyling/Cars/showit.php?pnum=4312

http://imexdesigns.co.uk/body-kits-nissan-nissan-350z-nissan-350z-0308-couperoadster-andretti-full-wide-arch-p-850.html?osCsid=c133cfab227c603defddfe06962ab7e0

You as a "professional" would have to make a judgement about whether any of these kits were suitable. Or you have to go back to your customer and your associate at the paint shop and manage their expectations.

Why not discuss with them both about delaying the whole job and getting what is likely to be an infinitely better (and more expensive) quality kit from a reputable supplier to ensure a high quality result?

IMO text speak has no place on this forum. We have no real character limit like text messages which is where text speak was bourne from, and it also makes what people are trying to say very hard to understand. If people dont have the time to write what they want to say proplerly then I dont have the time to read it ;)

Text speak is for text messages, where even now you dont have a character limit on them any more as you can link multiple messages together, so even there its pretty irrelevant. :lol:

Maybe so...but it is a generation gap thing ;) personally I dont use text speak but to shoot a guy thats asking for help for using it just seems harsh/extreme/not very friendly ... just my 2 pence :surrender:

I don't think text speak is the only issue with this guy, he's rubbed a few members up the wrong way in this thread and others with his general attitude.

Then surely the dignified way for a club would be to PM him and let him know/ warn him :ban: / tell him to wind his neck in rather than have a public 'cat fight' ?

A bit of diplomacy goes a long way, taking the P*ss is just going to put his back up ( understandably *typo*? ) and certainly not help promote a friendly club :surrender:

I know Im a newbie here ( not to Z forums/Clubs ) but I was just shocked to see such infantile 'ragging' done for all too see :shrug::thumbdown:

That ...you may be glad to know...is my last word on this thread :(

IMO text speak has no place on this forum. We have no real character limit like text messages which is where text speak was bourne from, and it also makes what people are trying to say very hard to understand. If people dont have the time to write what they want to say proplerly then I dont have the time to read it ;)

Text speak is for text messages, where even now you dont have a character limit on them any more as you can link multiple messages together, so even there its pretty irrelevant. :lol:

Maybe so...but it is a generation gap thing ;) personally I dont use text speak but to shoot a guy thats asking for help for using it just seems harsh/extreme/not very friendly ... just my 2 pence :surrender:

Then surely the dignified way for a club would be to PM him and let him know/ warn him :ban: / tell him to wind his neck in rather than have a public 'cat fight' ?

A bit of diplomacy goes a long way, taking the P*ss is just going to put his back up ( understandably *typo*? ) and certainly not help promote a friendly club :surrender:

I know Im a newbie here ( not to Z forums/Clubs ) but I was just shocked to see such infantile 'ragging' done for all too see :shrug::thumbdown:

The longer you hang about here the easier it is to spot someone who is a troll who probably doesn't own the car.

Only way to prove this is the custard test :thumbs::lol:

Blimey, if the team did that they'd never get anything done! :lol:

Seriously though, it should be down to the individual to realise they're being a bit of a tosspot, not for everyone else to tell them.

We've been kind so far, some of the trolls dont get away half as lightly as this guy :lol:

We've been kind so far, some of the trolls dont get away half as lightly as this guy :lol:

I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of your guys lol :p

Have to have a read of posts, Sorry about text speech thought when moderators use things like WTF text speak and foul was allowed..Didn't criticise meetings just making suggestions like it asked for in every post by lexx? No offence was ment just the way it was taken.

Has any one any experience with the VEELSIDE KIT thats on flea gay at the moment they want 1200 for it?

I need to sort things soon, can delay painting a week if I send one of the other 350s for paint first but then need to sorce engine mods / Twin Turboes or what ever you gods know works and doo this work pre paint (as it should be )

Thank you guys that PM (oops is this classed as text speak or not) .

Sarcasm will get you nowhere mate. .

Please bare than in mind before posting.

As I have just explained to another member......we ask that people avoid the use of text speak on the most part. Many of our members are old or foreign and simply can't understand it.

Phrases such as WTF or IMHO or AFAIK are not text speak....they are internet jargon and are thus allowed. It's the use of actual mispelled and inappropriately shortened words.

If you are gonna get a VS kit......you should ONLY consider getting a genuine kit. Replica VS kits are mostly worse than any others to get fitted.

Order from www.japanparts.com and get it shipped over in 7-10 days.

Seriously mate, you asked for help and we are giving it - cheap replica VS kits available in the UK are awful and will require a ton of work to make fit.

A customer @ Falcon Performance bought the kit themselves and brought it to Falcon for fitment and paint. We spoke to UV directly and they said that they made the kit themselves in the UK and never had any fitment issues (BS). We have pics etc that state otherwise and make custom carbon bodywork and moulds for competition cars ourselves so we know what we are talking about here. We explained the issues and told them in no uncertain terms that the kit was substandard to say the least and the work getting it to fit would render it more expensive than a genuine kit after all the labour goes into it :thumbdown:

The bumpers and sills can be made to fit with a lot of time and patience but the arches need smashing and reforming. If you are happy doing this then crack on because the kit is cheap and you wont beat that price. Beware what they say about having it in stock because chances are it's not so call them.

I hope this is helpful and aids you in making the right and well informed decision :thumbs:

So you want to install a twin turbo setup prior to paint too? When is the deadline for sending to paint - even if you delay a week?

Getting a wide arch kit and twin turbo setup into a zed in a short space of time will, in all seriously, end quite badly. Twin turbo engine builds on a Zed take a long time. They are not a simple bolt on and good to go. Combine this with wanting to make a good job of a quality wide arch kit and you are looking at months of prep work and testing. And thats from my little knowledge about engine modding of a Zed. There are those here that have done an awful lot of engine work that will be able to advise in more detail, but if you rush something like a twin turbo or supercharger build on a zed, it will most likely go bang sooner rather than later.

Twin turbo install and mapping was quoted at being about 2 weeks to do properly - and that was IF all the parts where ready to go and there were no issued

(This info was from Abbey).

And there is no way I would be getting a kit fitted just before I was about to rip the engine out.

Where are you from?

Where are you located?

And lastly .... Custard test anybody???

So he customises cars for a living and apparently has three 350zs kicking around, but has no idea where to source a widebody kit, and thinks you can slap a TT kit on and tune it in a week and not have it go bang?

Massive custard test requirement.

DB