Check out the Crime Stats in your area

M13KYF

Well I know the crime figures have gone up in my area after the Smash and Grab Raid on a Jewellers on my street yesterday.

I must have missed it by 5 minutes at the most as when I drove past and all was ok ... and then 5 minutes later everything was smashed up!

Not looking forward to my insurance renewal quote next year!

:thumbdown:

Crime going down in our area :) Its also lower than a couple of other "prestigious" areas in Chesterfield :lol:

I actually wonder if the more readily available access to these sorts of statistics will actually change peoples views on different areas of cities/towns. It may also have a knock on effect for the property values in those areas as people discover that the name they gained many moons ago doesnt actually fit with todays statistics.

59 crimes near us, but not really close

840 near the flat we own

0 near my parents who live in the arse end of no where

i think thats not to bad

44 near me but I'm on the case :lol:

there goes the neighbourhood!!

:thumbs:

I like to bring the level in keeping with my own standards ;):lol:

Loads near my parents.

However, they live in a really nice, low crime area about a mile away from a 'Nightime Economy' area. So the stats are scewed by pi**ed people assaulting each other.

Where as my area looks lower in crime but it's actually next-door to scrotesville where a whole load of knackers live. There have been a fair few 2 in 1 burglaries (break into the house for car keys and drive off in the motors) on my estate but nothing else. As for the estate itself, it's cop central.

In short - those stats are pretty meaningless unless you look deeper into them and even then it's not all that relevant given how much the Police have to 'massage' the stats in any given direction to avoid Mrs May having a coniption fit.