A very expensive polish!!

cmck13

Yes. Quite a lot of pro detailers use it and also use much more expensive wax.

BTW its a wax/glaze not a polish ;)

Thanks Chris "freudian slip".

Fully agree with comments about buying the best but bloody hell pro-detailers pass the cost on to you. Her indoors would say thats our weekly shop and then follow it up with paying twice as much for a new dress. :dry:

Yes madly expensive, and I think for me thats over the point of diminishing returns. I would certainly buy waxes up to about £100 for my Zed, but I think after that I'm not totally convinced I'd notice a difference. Saying that if someone were to do my car with a very expensive wax, I could be swayed to a more expensive one if it was worth it. Afterall I used to say I wouldnt spend more than £30 on a wax and now use Dodo SN, which cost me about £70/tub :blush:

I found no difference using Swissvax in comparison to using Dodo Juice supernatural. Over priced for what it is if you ask me. Even the headlight stuff they had compared the same to me using ultimate compound and a DA.

I paid nearly that for my Swissvax stuff. If you love your car, then the good stuff really does make a difference.

Would you pay this price :scare:

£2,100

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/swis ... a-wax.aspx

I know someone who uses this at £2,000+ on a couple of his cars... but then he is the sort of person who would pay £800 for an £8 pair of Primark jeans with a designer's label on it. :wacko:

(Not that I'm saying the Zymol stuff isn't any better/different to cheaper waxes, of course. :lol: )

Seriously, who would be stupid enough to buy into a car wax that costs thousands?

A good prep and a couple of coats of dodo juice wax or autoglym hd wax and its job done.

Lets face it theres kids out there starving to death for the sake of a couple of quid! :rant:

I'd rather spend £2K on a wax than give money to starving children, but that's another story.

If you've got the money to buy the very best, and can work it well enough to get the best out of it, then why not? If I had a good size lottery win I'd buy a tub just for a laugh, to see what it was actually like compared with other stuff.

I'd rather spend £2K on a wax than give money to starving children, but that's another story.

If you've got the money to buy the very best, and can work it well enough to get the best out of it, then why not? If I had a good size lottery win I'd buy a tub just for a laugh, to see what it was actually like compared with other stuff.

And as you get free refils (which I hear are rather hard to actually get!), you could just wax all your mates/families/forums cars with it too and never run out :lol:

I paid nearly that for my Swissvax stuff. If you love your car, then the good stuff really does make a difference.

Would you pay this price :scare:

£2,100

http://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/swis ... a-wax.aspx

I like most Swissvax waxes but found my pot of Divine to be difficult to apply, difficult to buff off and so dont reach for it that often.

Divine luckily for detailers is available in individual pots, not the twin pack above.

It doesnt seem such good value as the Zymol Vintage (close in price) but you can get it refilled for the cost of sending it to and from America, unlike the Divine.

Seriously, who would be stupid enough to buy into a car wax that costs thousands?

A good prep and a couple of coats of dodo juice wax or autoglym hd wax and its job done.

Me ;)

The only products I dont generally use are the AG ones you mention as I feel they dont offer such a good end result or last nearly as long as the Dodo, Chemical Guys, Swissvax, Zymol stuff I choose to use in my work.

WTF :surrender:

Well, I would. :shrug:

I probably would too :blush:

If someones got the money to spend £2k on the wax then good for them. I can't stand people who feel the need to slate others because they couldn't afford to buy it themselves :thumbdown:

WTF :surrender:

Well, I would. :shrug:

I probably would too :blush:

If someones got the money to spend £2k on the wax then good for them. I can't stand people who feel the need to slate others because they couldn't afford to buy it themselves :thumbdown:

I never said i couldnt afford it, i just said i wouldnt pay that much for it. Theres a difference!! :)

My point remains Can/Can't afford, to call someone stupid just because they can stinks of jealousy IMO

I appreciate your opinion mate, and if someone wants to pay x amount of money for something then fair enough.

But i can assure you im jealous of no man! Im as happy as a pig in @*!# right now. Just picked up my brand new bmw last wednesday, im flying out to egypt on monday for a wee week away with the wife, my 7k trade in cheque from bmw fell through the letterbox today.

Life's great! :)

As ive already said i might be alot of things but jealous just isnt one of them!