Prospective 350Z owner - needs some guidance

Rainman

Maybe I didn't post it?

Basically if you are offended that I only wanted to help but fair enough. He should just block me but continue to use the forum as without it he can't do anything or know anything. Buying guides, zeds for sale , parts from Lee, Alex,Jez and Mitz. Tuning advice from abbey and so on. Trying to get 360bhp without forum help will be more expensive and time consuming.

Still don't get why he got so worked up?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with dblock, the guy got an honest response with a bit of chat/insight to what the zed compares with and what moneys will be spent in the way.

The OP has spat the dummy out now and painted a picture of himself, well done mate! We see people like you everyday.

I never once directed any comment to wards the OP on any disrespective manner but et he feels it's ok to come here as a new member and do it to others :thumbs: #highfive

Did it ever occur to either of you that the OP PM'd the team explaining his response, and offering his apologies if he came across as hot headed, but that he was simply frustrated that his first thread here got dragged off topic within 3 posts?

Now can we kindly keep this on topic as I have already tried to do once.

If you can't keep to that, I will clean up the entire thread and remove all the banter posts. It's something I would prefer not to do though, as this sit eis well known for its well natured and friendly banter. :thumbs:

Did it ever occur to either of you that the OP PM'd the team explaining his response, and offering his apologies if he came across as hot headed, but that he was simply frustrated that his first thread here got dragged off topic within 3 posts?

If you can't keep to that, I will clean up the entire thread and remove all the banter posts. It's something I would prefer not to do though, as this sit eis well known for its well natured and friendly banter. :thumbs:

He should have apologised to the people he was rude too, not the team

+1. None of us said anything bad about him or anything. Both me and more so Neil have experience of what money will get you with these cars so I honestly think our opinions are valid.

If he is being funny about it clear the thread up it's not banter it was advice. If he doesn't want to follow it fine he loss not mine.

I never gave a sarky comment about not being able to use the forum Properly. :p

I'm done :surrender:

He should have apologised to the people he was rude too, not the team

He should just block me but continue to use the forum as without it he can't do anything or know anything.

:lol:

You're assuming that my motorsport contacts didn't already direct me to these forums in my hunt for a car. You know what they say about that word 'assume' ? It makes an ASS out of U and ME. :clap:

The suggestion that I can't do anything or know anything is hilarious. You know nothing about me and the fact that I turn dead dinosaurs into smoke and noise in ways you could scarcely comprehend. B)

Phil

+1. None of us said anything bad about him or anything.

I never said you did. It was your hijacking of my post which I took exception to, and the fact that you started bickering with someone else about the completely unrelated and irrelevant matter of who's car is fastest - it had nothing to do with anything. I'm modifying a car so all bets are off when it comes to comparing stock cars.

Both me and more so Neil have experience of what money will get you with these cars so I honestly think our opinions are valid.

Erm no. You merely told me I'd be disappointed in a 350Z after my Noble, even though I stated from the get go that I will be modifying this car - I really could not have made it any clearer right there in the first post. So why on earth you needed to start with the whole "Are you saying your car is faster than a boxster S or m3?" to someone else and then derail the thread is only because you had nothing better to do than troll. Your advise simply wasn't valid and you all but ignored the question possibly because you just assumed I'm another "I'm thinking about a 350Z newb" and frankly I do find that a tad rude, so maybe go back and read the very first post again?

You didn't answer the question I asked, which was ONLY around whether my expectation of price was realistic, and I only asked that because I've seen so much overpriced crap out there and was wanting to find out if this was the norm, or to maybe find a quality car. The details of this site came to me via a friend that works in motorsport and suggested coming here to try and source a car and the perhaps share the project via these forums as I went.

You make several reasonable point mate. I hope in return you do not mind if I add my opinion.

You are right in that people make assumptions, it is an inescapable human nature. In most cases this is based on previous experiences and the information available to them at the time. While I appreciate you may feel that no one has taken you seriously in your initial post, the information given there is the information we have to go on, could I give you insight into my initial impressions?

Your initial post talks of your experience in owning and driving a noble and sub 3 second to 60 bikes. This can be taken in 2 ways, yes you have probably a good backround knowledge, but also you are talking about a bar of performance that is way above a stock zed (yes I appreciate you want to mod but you don't say anywhere that you have experience in this). You currently drive a car that if modded would be as quick as a Zed. It certainly led me to wonder if you had expectations of the car (not your ability) that where too high. Also the FI section and dyno results section etc give you access to most of this information without the need to start a new thread in the first place which made me wonder how much time you had spent researching around this again leading me towards the thought that your expectations may not be based on solid ground either.

I'm not saying this is the sole reason you didn't get an immediate answer to your question but I do feel it contributed in part to the derailment of the thread. You are right we all make assumptions and in light of limted information they will be less accurate.

I'm sorry if you feel you've had a bad experience with these guys, ive found them to be nothing but helpful and good banter. Whether you feel you want to share with us on a forum is ultimately your choice mate and ultimately you'll get more from sharing than we would loose.

Perhaps you could take the time to outline what you are planning to do. I'm sure folks who know much more than I do will be happy to pitch in with ideas and opinions.

I am not trying to be inflammatory with this post but simply want to give you the chance to move beyond your and our first impressions and get on with talking about your project. You obviously like your motors. These guys do too. So why not put it behind us and have some fun.

Cheers

R

Erm no. You merely told me I'd be disappointed in a 350Z after my Noble, even though I stated from the get go that I will be modifying this car - I really could not have made it any clearer right there in the first post. So why on earth you needed to start with the whole "Are you saying your car is faster than a boxster S or m3?" to someone else and then derail the thread is only because you had nothing better to do than troll. Your advise simply wasn't valid and you all but ignored the question possibly because you just assumed I'm another "I'm thinking about a 350Z newb" and frankly I do find that a tad rude, so maybe go back and read the very first post again?

:thumbs: he never actully said that he expects a Z to be as fast as a noble etc - dblock, you just started talking trash about the Z from the off saying how it won't even compare..... he knows that.

think this thread should be locked to be honest...

If you read hid first post he days he wants about 360bhp which the m3 is much closer to. Right or wrong? Also he comes from a noble and sub 3 second bikes so either he will find it slow or he will have to mod it. If he mods it then purchase price shouldn't make any difference as it's not cheap to get the that bhp. Did you miss the post where I said drive one you might love it?

:thumbs: he never actully said that he expects a Z to be as fast as a noble etc - dblock, you just started talking trash about the Z from the off saying how it won't even compare..... he knows that.

dblock is a bully :lol::boxing:

I never once said anything nasty to you, him or anyone on this thread and if you read my post above you see that I was trying to help but obviously the OP didn't want it. Anyway I think you aswell as me have block up his thread. Could mods delete all my posts from this thread otherwise the OP might have a hussy fit

:)

[quote="WINKJ

The OP only has to ask - his choice......for the time being ;)

Top moderating! :#1:

This is the most entertaining thread I've seen in months!!!!! Its about time someone had a good old argument.

Rainman is fast becoming my favourite forum member - 2 threads, 8 posts, told everyone there cars are worth chuff all and 2 arguments...........I think I'm positively in love :cloud9: - he could be the new Sarnie if this keeps up!

If you all behave I might even get some piccies out soon.