Winter Blue's....

matty316

I think i'm starting to get the winter blue's, i put my Zed away for the winter back at the start of October and started driving my winter shed. I'm missing the thrill of hearing my K1 exhaust bellow when i stick the pedal to the metal. Gotta wait until 1st March before i bring my Zed back out and i'm already writing down idea's for what i'm gonna spend on it next year.

why put it to bed so early?

we've had 1 frost and thats been about it. I am though in suffolk so possibly warmer than tup norf.

if you like the car so much get a spare set of alloys and put some winter tyres on then drive the thing all year round.

I admit that i did put it away early expecting it to be crappy and icey like last year but we've only had 1 frost upto now here in Grimsby. I know i might sound like a bit of a fanny putting it away under a cover but i prefare driving it when the sun is out and when there isn't rock salt all over the road haha. But each to there own :D

i've driven my performance cars all year round always have always will,

its a car

its meant to be driven

i'd get bored in a shed, thats why i bought the performance car in the first place, don't see the point of owning it and then leaving it sat in the garage, especially when road tax isn't cheap etc.

without being rude, alot of people don;t know how to. i'm not just talking about the zed, but a lot of owners of RWD cars don't know how to drive it in the snow,

saying that after last year watching most FWD people don't know how to drive in snow.

the amount of people who don't know how to use their gears or the clutch astounded me. people still tail gated, and used their brakes as if it was wa sunny day. :bang:

i just dont drive it much, because i had an astra vxr and 4 people yes 4 people crashed into it!

and i had it less than a year!!!

so i now have a van, and if people want to crash into that they can crack on, because there is no way i am repairing it!

my car is tucked up in the garage, and it will stay there until i wanna take it for a nice drive :)

i can understand people not wanting to drive it in the winter!

iv been the victim of tossers who are careless - now its my turn to be the tosser in the van! (joke obv before some1 starts ranting for about 3 hours and gives us all an epic post to read)

Have a good one folks!!!!!

+1 Rich :thumbs:

without being rude, alot of people don;t know how to. i'm not just talking about the zed, but a lot of owners of RWD cars don't know how to drive it in the snow,

saying that after last year watching most FWD people don't know how to drive in snow.

the amount of people who don't know how to use their gears or the clutch astounded me. people still tail gated, and used their brakes as if it was wa sunny day. :bang:

Cut the back box off the sheds exhaust to relive the K1 feeling, haha.

I'm an all year round Zed driver, winter tyres going on soon.

:lol: good idea!

Id love not to use my zed over winter, but really havent got any choice as the insurance on a shed is just crippling and makes it financially not viable. So far, im not really enjoying driving the zed though in winter, a couple of bad frosts this last week, incl this morning and my drive to work becomes a nightmare. You really have to watch that throttle else the back end will step out. At least driving like a granddad seems to be helping the fuel economy slightly.

If there's snow on the ground, the fun car stays in the garage. When it's gone, it comes straight back out again. Never seen the point of buying a car and then being too worried to drive it, regardless of initial cost. Driving a sporty car in winter marks you out as a member of the I'm Totally Awesome Club, with bonus points if it's a ragtop and the roof is down.

The only possible exception might be an old Ferrari or Bugatti with race history that could never be replaced, but then they should be being ragged to death on track as the maker intended. :D

Next time it's bad up here all the southerners can come up and take my route to work with a foot of fresh snow and not a hint of grit on the roads and see how they get on with a RWD performance car. Even on winter tyres you'll have no chance as the sheer depth will catch you out and prevent you from driving.

If I lived / worked in a city I'd have no problem but I live and work in smaller towns with 14 miles of country roads which are not a clearing / gritting priority connecting them. I also work at stupid 'o' clock and the gritters are based next to my office. I see them leave AFTER I've arrived!

Fortunately though all the 'can't drive in the snow' brigade seem to live mainly in the cities so it makes the commute easier.

I'll stick to my high car with 4WD option and proper tyres. As I was taught in the Scouts 'Be Prepared!'

whats the shed you got mate???

I agree if you dont know how to drive in it ,it is scary my friend never drives his M3 cant handle it in rain or snow..last year i went out regardless what condition got called all sorts for taking the zed out in peak snow times but i learnt a lot how the car reacts when it does go etc i even spent 4 hours edging it down a hill without losing it (well a little bit...very scary) which HA removed the road closed signs by accident!!

Bring it back out! my TCS light hasnt even come up once yet in any of the conditions we have had...get a throttle controller and set it to eco 5 and away you go for another few months :thumbs: