hello peeps

rm cya

:wave:

quick hello as im looking into getting a 350Z, so ill probably be killing my iphone battery at work on here from now on :teeth:

ive been in a dirty derv for just over a year now, im bored and i think its time to get back into the hot seat for a little while, and the Zeds seem to be very appealing at the moment!

previous performance cars are:

Honda Civic Type R, NA tuned to 250 bhp, doesnt sound much, but in a little ricer box, it was pretty quick and surprised alot of things.

Evo 8 FQ300, dyno proven at 400/400 B)

I reckon its time for a proper sized engine and some RWD ;) just got to find out a bit more info on the cars, different specs, do my research then the hunt begins. (coupe or roadster hmmmmmm)

any advice feel free to give us a shout

cheers Rich :thumbs:

Welcome to the forum. I too went from having pretty quick cars / motorbikes to having diesels. Ran them for about 5 or 6 years I think before deciding to get a zed. Biggest shock you will find is the money you will spend on running costs over a diesel. Im putting 25quid of fuel in mine a day with the mileage I do, and including fuel its costing me £850 a month to run it, or 44p a mile. Compared to the diesel car I was running before it, which came in at about £300 a month.

They are fun though, and if you dont do many miles make much more sense!

cheers for all the welcomes guys!! :thumbs:

i know its not going to be cheap to run compared to my diesel, but i reckon it will be cheaper than running my Evo that i used to have. i dont do mega miles tbh, but i reckon ill be keeping the diesel aswel so ill use this mainly on the weekends to keep me sane! :lol:

Is it worth spending the extra money and going for the model with the revup engine (06) or is the not really that much of a noticable difference?

:thumbs:

also, anyone driven the coupe and roadster? trying to workout what to go for.

i know its not going to be cheap to run compared to my diesel, but i reckon it will be cheaper than running my Evo that i used to have. i dont do mega miles tbh, but i reckon ill be keeping the diesel aswel so ill use this mainly on the weekends to keep me sane! :lol:

Is it worth spending the extra money and going for the model with the revup engine (06) or is the not really that much of a noticable difference?

I went for the revup 06 engine for the better interior and headlights, you also get LED rear lights. :thumbs:

I went for the revup 06 engine for the better interior and headlights, you also get LED rear lights. :thumbs:

+1 although not much is left of the interior in mines :lol:

Yeah I think I may stretch to the later revup models. As they're 06, are they all in the higher tax bracket? or do some 05/55 plates come with the revup engine?

What exactly is the difference in the engine between the non-revup and revup apart from the higher rev limit and 20 odd bhp? Is it purely the mapping? Or are there components that are different? Airbox, cams, valves etc?

Think it's a toss up between the Grey and Blue GT specs at the mo, just got to find the right one ;)

Cheers for all the help guys!! :thumbs:

The rev-up has slightly hotter cams, variable valve timing on the exhaust cam as well as the inlet cam (non rev-up only has it on the inlet). Performance wise there is bugger all in it really, the rev-up has a slightly flatter torque curve but the peak isnt as high.

If you want a rev-up you will need to pay the 400 odd for tax sadly.

Interior is a nice improvement over the older models.

What is your budget?

20 quid a month for a much better interior with buttons in the correct place and all round better car is defo worth it. The car also has much better headlights and led rears etc.

It's all down to budget to be honest. For 12k you can pick up an 2007 hr engine which is in a different league to be honest