GTM FX35 HR 2WD 500HP STG1 SUPERCHARGER

4RE Leather

• 4 months later...

GTM SMALL PULLEY

Continuing on with this fantastic supercharger install I finally managed to get the car to Abbey to place the smallest pulley available for this stage 1 setup.

The only negative thing was of my doing.

I swapped my Miltek for a louder one, which is not a problem if thats what floats, and I really like the sound it makes.

so dont be put off from buying one.

But in my case the object of the excersise with Abbey was to squeeze as much as we safely could by using stock internals.

I felt a bit guilty as I went off at a Tangent and did not keep Abbey in the loop.

But it never occured to me that the exhaust could make so much difference and in my case 10ish bhp

Mark has some figures.

Anyway Mark managed to get some back through the Cam and these are the sheets.

I will leave Mark to add any comments good or bad,

As I said, the bottom line in my case is figures.

Smallpulley1.jpg

Smallpulley2.jpg

Smallpulley3.jpg

I am sure as new products come available we will have another play or 2.

Big thanks to Mark and the Abbey team as they always come up trumps for me:)

It would be nice if some on the other guys that had the install done could share there views on how there car is performing

since they had the upgrade.

Every day I love it, and it is a joy to drive.

I never tire of driving it and can't wait till the weather gets warm again.

:smile:

Nice one Pete.

I am also looking forward to some dry roads!!

Had my car from new and the kit has turned a good car lacking power into a giant killer.

Going to get Mark to install Syvecs next year.

Mark took me out in his car on the Dyno day and was very impressed.

• Like 1

Nice one Pete.

I am also looking forward to some dry roads!!

Had my car from new and the kit has turned a good car lacking power into a giant killer.

Going to get Mark to install Syvecs next year.

Mark took me out in his car on the Dyno day and was very impressed.

It would appear that Syvecs 8 is the way forward.

Forget changing the diff just save the pennies.

I never knew you were down there Dyno day!

What bph did they get out of yours?

445?

Did you mean that the new exhaust lost 10 bhp ?

Yes Kev. The Milltek was put on as part of the tuning process with the decats.

Mark has Exhaust maps and sent them over to compare.

The tuning ability of the noisy one i put on is 10bph approx less than the Milly.

I have also been reliably informed that the one I have one is not recommended for Turbo cars.

So if thats the same for the GTM I will have to get another Milly or a fruity one the same speck.

Even have one made.

Peter

Edited by 4RE Leather

I always find myself in a conundrum with modifications at this level, you'd be looking at what, 11k, for a straight totally standard low mile HR zed, then for the GTM stage 1 plus exhaust etc another 12k then another 2.5k for the syvecs to get the very best from the car and that's before you've even looked at brakes and suspension modification, call it 25/26k.

A part of me thinks that sort of money for a unique spec 3.5 litre, V6, supercharged, rear wheel drive sports coupe with a usable 500bhp is great value all be it a 5 year old car, depending on the circumstances I can' think of much that would touch it....but another part of me thinks, sweet baby jesus that's a shocking amount of money for a lardy 5 year old car.

It is undoubtedly something that I could see myself doing to my HR but I would be very interested in understanding how those that have bit the bullet and spent big money have made the man maths work for them? or more importantly, can you give me some tips on sneaking that sort of outlay past the wife without getting divorced....after all, she does make a lovely cup of tea.

The only short cut is cutting down on labour by DIY where ever is humanly possible.

if your not confident leave it alone.

I was horrified when Smurf and I added up what I had spent on this car including the purchase price

since I had it last August.

I could get a late GTR with ease.

Some on here have spent a lot more.

Why do we do it?

because we can, and its a simple as that!

I agree it is a lot of money but the cars handle the bhp gain so well it says to me this is how the car should have left the factory.

You can buy a 313bhp for around 9k you can use the stock ECU with very good results after being retuned with the Uprev software (Syvecs for the HR motors is more expensive than the install on the DE early cars due to twin Throttle bodies)

We can also split the fitting into 2 visits to help soften the financial outlay. 1st visit exhaust/ fuel system and remap, 2nd visit supply and fit SC kit.

I have just brought a HR motor to go in my early car for the Syvecs development once we have the system up and running I expect a SC or a turbo kit to find it way on the car.

I am sure Andy or Peter will let you have a ride in there GTM powered cars, your definitely enjoy the ride.

Any questions ask away.

Mark

I agree, I went exhaust remap 1st and S/C not long after.

Gives a bit of breathing space, but as soon as you have the remap and feel the extra it triggers the need for speed lol.

Would I do it all again?

You bet I would, and there have been times when the moths have left my wallet through starvation.

I honestly believe that if I had got a car that couldn't be played with i would have died of bordom.

Nothing better than a midnight coffee waiting for the online bank balance to chuck up its tally for the next day.

I am already juggling for the Syvecs 8.

Just need to find that dam Goose and it's golden egg!

Edited by 4RE Leather