GTM FX35 HR 2WD 500HP STG1 SUPERCHARGER

4RE Leather

• 1 month later...

Abbey are investigating the viability of the GTM setup for the 370, the stage 2 kit definitely wont fit as the blower air filter sits in the same area as our steering column ( USA being LHD ) the stage 1 is a possibility but no definitive answer yet and Sam@GTM is not being particularly helpful.

A couple of guys have mentioned Sam dragging his heels but I kept out of the politics.

Time was the one thing I had on my side.

I do know that if l were in a position in the future to get a 370, I would ask Abbey to put this one back as it was

and transfer the S/C over.

I would never race the car so l don't really need to up the anti.

Plus any money thrown at her is dead as the build is more expensive than what l will get for the car if l sold it.

Although I am sure Abbey could get more BHP out of my car if they wanted.

race headers, lighter pulleys and all that kind of stuff.

The car only has 14,000 miles on the clock so plenty of life in her yet.

It is true what someone else said on this Forum.

Once you start spending it often becomes an obsession.

Thenoname

:)

No surprise about GTM being unhelpful. I had a long battle with them to get my HKS kit & was constantly lied to about stock & shipping :thumbdown: They were great right up until the point they had my money, after that they couldn't care less.

Even whilst I was installing it they offered no response to the questions I had about the kit & the couple of small issues I ran into whilst fitting it.

The easiest way to get hold of Sam is to phone him.

• 2 weeks later...

This is interesting, i was toying with the GTM idea for my 370, so will be very interested in how Abbey get on with your car,theNoname and ultimately how much the total build comes in at.

One of my biggest concerns is traction, at the moment with my mods i have 315 RWHP and the back breaks away real easy, so how will it cope with 400/450 ?

If i am not careful the rear kicks out to the right when giving to much welly in 2nd.

3 times over the last few days. doesn't help the right rear tyre is 100 miles new?

It states in the review that the characteristics are OEM but with more power, so to answer your question, yes it will still break away.

Thenoname

:drive1

My (PrePaid) GTM Supercharger was ordered mid January with an expected delivery time of three weeks.

Just been told the kit can't be delivery as they has no superchargers available.....

Abbey have no control over this

I think huge patience is required when ordering things from USA, i had to wait around 3 months for Eibach ARB's through Zmanalex which was all down to supplier messing him about, despite this i have decided to go ahead with the GTM S/C conversion with Abbey, just hope it doesn't take that amount of time but if it does at least i won't be surprised.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm about 90% sure I'm going to be going down this road soon, need to man up and do it!!

How's it going 6 months on, have you had any problems, is there anything you would do differently?

I've already had the fuelling done in preparation by Mark so it will be Abbey doing the rest of the conversion ( when I grow some.....)

Absolutely no problems at all.

Usually when you get a new toy the novalty soon wears off.

It doesn't in this and you won't regret going with Abbey and GTM.

If you live near me and want to come for a test run then pm me

Just seen where you live. I can meet you at Abbey one day and I am sure Mark will take you out

for a ride if you want.

Give them a call.

I guarentee you will be down at Abbey waving your poundnotes about:)

Pm me any help.

B)

I might have to take you up on that offer, will be booking in at abbey soon for a P3 and to have a look at my map. In one of your posts you said that you had hesitation when cranking, I have the same problem, Mark has been great, sent out a cable and we tweeked the maps a bit but I'm still getting hesitation when the car has been driven and then allowed to cool a little. Did you get this sorted on yours?

I might have to take you up on that offer, will be booking in at abbey soon for a P3 and to have a look at my map. In one of your posts you said that you had hesitation when cranking, I have the same problem, Mark has been great, sent out a cable and we tweeked the maps a bit but I'm still getting hesitation when the car has been driven and then allowed to cool a little. Did you get this sorted on yours?

Think Mark just answered this question:)

I get a bit of Hunting when l start the engine from cold, but this is just until the choke kicks off and is natural.

I have had absolutely no issues what so ever but it is only natural to voice concernes as we all do because it is a large outlay.

But I can assure you, once you get behind the wheel and get comfortable with the car you will think Christmas has arrived allover

again.

I need to go to Abbey and looking at Saturday Morning about 10am.

Why dont you ring Mark today and arrange for him to take you out in it?

Not often a chance comes up to test b4 you buy?

Just keep me informed.

I have PM;d you my phone number

Peter