Thinking of getting a 370

MikeH

Hello all

Iv'e recently been looking at getting myself a 370z. Iv'e found a nice grey one with an auto box with 33k miles on it for £19k. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the auto box and weather its had any issues? or anyone that's done over 33k miles as to issues etc. Lastly I don't suppose there's anyone in Leicestershire with a 370?

Thanks

Mike

Hello all

Iv'e recently been looking at getting myself a 370z. Iv'e found a nice grey one with an auto box with 33k miles on it for £19k. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the auto box and weather its had any issues? or anyone that's done over 33k miles as to issues etc. Lastly I don't suppose there's anyone in Leicestershire with a 370?

Thanks

Mike

370 - Yes

AT7 - Yes

Currently at just under 16K with no issues apart from a retarded smile on my face every time I drive it :teeth::p:lol:

Love the auto ..... very very good in auto but should one wish to go through the gears then kick it over into manual and use the flappy paddles ....

Some people say its a little slow to respond when they have had an AT7 as a courtesy car, but what the don't understand is the box is intelligent so it calms everything down when your just cruising, when you first plant your foot, the first drop down is a little slower, but then after a quick squirt, heavy brake and then replanting of foot, it knows, oi oi this chap wants to have some fun, at which point it tightens everything up and the gear change up or down, as fast as f@@k ....

I'm unfortunately down south dude, in Bournemouth

Bubba out

Thanks for the welcomes. Yeah I quite enjoy how the auto handles (test drove one last weekend) so im torn between that and a manual. Hoping it wont be too bad on mpg either. 7miles to work each day, 3 miles town speed and the other 4 at 70 but with the odd stop for roundabouts etc. Anymore than 24 would be a bonus, lol

I test drove both and plumped for the manual, biggest reason was that I felt it would be too complicated for my other half (she was scared of my old RX8 because it had a Rotary engine :shrug: ), she would have got in a pickle just deciding where to start :lol:

The AT7 was very good IMO and idiot proof (says a lot for my mrs :teeth: ) in so much as it doesn't let you change down when at too high a speed, very clever box as well, but alas it wasn't for me :)

Auto's are for girls :lol: (only kidding ladies and gents :p )

Having tried the auto recently for a few days, it reminded me why I didn't consider it when I was looking for a 370 in 2009, having previously driven both manual and auto on track and on the road.

The fact the paddles are fixed to the column rather than the wheel shows that Nissan decided they would have more wheel shuffler customers than otherwise. Auto might be fine if you do a lot of commuting but fortunately I don't so that a greater percentage of my time in the car involves 'spirited driving' and crossed arms. In that style, trying to hit the left or right paddles through tightening/easing bends is not so easy, whereas it is only your left hand that needs to leave the wheel for the manual changes. Now if the paddles moved round with the wheel...............

Besides which I also found the engine braking less effective and 2nd gear in auto is just two low in the 7 ratios so that on the tighter corners of some of my faourite roads it was 3rd gear, without hitting too many revs so that the drive out of the corners meant the engine's ideal torque range was missing. I also found myself too often using the brakes for deceleration on corner approaches rather than feeling I was in the right gear for a particular corner and the drive out.

Just my personal findings of course. :shrug:

OK practice might improve my impression of the auto, but it isn't for me :thumbdown:

Hello all

Thanks

Mike

Mike - live in leicestershie with a 350 - test drove both, could of got either, however preferred the 350, where u based in leicestershire

Hello all

Thanks

Mike

Mike - live in leicestershie with a 350 - test drove both, could of got either, however preferred the 350, where u based in leicestershire

Hey,

I live in sileby and commute to Loughborough daily, just asking about to try and work out the mpg usage

Hello all

Thanks

Mike

Hey,

I live in sileby and commute to Loughborough daily, just asking about to try and work out the mpg usage

ahh i live right near loughborough - work out of the Church near loughborough crematorium, you drive past it on the way into loughborough. I am not a priest, its an IT company. MPG in my 350 is 22... not sur about a 370, won't be much diff

Hello all

Thanks

Mike

Hey,

ahh i live right near loughborough - work out of the Church near loughborough crematorium, you drive past it on the way into loughborough. I am not a priest, its an IT company. MPG in my 350 is 22... not sur about a 370, won't be much diff

Cool, thanks for the mpg info :)

Hi and welcome :wave:

I have had my auto for just over a year now and having driven a manual for a few days I must admit I prefer the auto.

I do a lot of driving in traffic, you just can’t beat auto. If as others have said you want a bit more control of the car then manual is for you, but you soon get used to the quirks of the auto box.

Best bet is to test drive both.