What I go to work for

MidnightRacer

Just thought I'd share this bit of good fortune I had.

as part of my job I was required to go to a meeting at the new Silverstone wing and among other things got to do a few laps round the circuit in this 370z.

370zz.jpg

Highlight of the day was driving a Fiesta rally car at their rally school which was soo much fun and also got to do a few laps in a V8 vantage.

all in all it was a good day at work....... :thumbs:

Haha Thanks chaps! :lol:

Trust me it doesn't happen very often and it only counters some pretty horrendous times too.

I actually work with motorcycles so getting to do something car related was a very welcome change.

I was actually very impressed with the 370 all in all, Owning a 350 I didnt think it was going to be much of an experience but I was quite wrong, the only problem if anything was getting the power down because of the traction control. My instructor was a total loon and had me really chucking it in which was immense fun. it really was difficult to get one out of shape which I guess is testament to the cars handling ability! I think it was standard but to be honest I didn't ask..

hopefully this didn't come across too much as a "look how great my life is" type thread, I was genuinely just happy to share the experience with you guys..

Kev

You lucky sod :p

I was actually very impressed with the 370 all in all, Owning a 350 I didnt think it was going to be much of an experience but I was quite wrong, the only problem if anything was getting the power down because of the traction control. My instructor was a total loon and had me really chucking it in which was immense fun. it really was difficult to get one out of shape which I guess is testament to the cars handling ability! I think it was standard but to be honest I didn't ask..

Nice to see a fair writeup from a 350z owner without rose tinted glasses, a very honest review :thumbs: TC is a lot more subtle in the 370z than the 350z, but it does seem to cut in just as early and can definately spoil the fun on track where a bit of slip is needed to crack on.

I think the GT academy cars are largely standard, just with a few extra safety features (rollcage etc) if thats the car you got. I'd imagine it will have track pads too as the OEM ones will cook quickly on track.

TC is a lot more subtle in the 370z than the 350z, but it does seem to cut in just as early and can definately spoil the fun on track where a bit of slip is needed to crack on.

I just wish the setting could be changed so for default it was switched 'off' and manually overidden for 'on' :shrug:

Rather like the annoying sat nav welcome screen that requires you press "accept" every time to access the map - not as though you have to put a code in so quite why that is there :doh:

TC is a lot more subtle in the 370z than the 350z, but it does seem to cut in just as early and can definately spoil the fun on track where a bit of slip is needed to crack on.

I just wish the setting could be changed so for default it was switched 'off' and manually overidden for 'on' :shrug:

Rather like the annoying sat nav welcome screen that requires you press "accept" every time to access the map - not as though you have to put a code in so quite why that is there :doh:

TC will always have to be on by default otherwise the HSE would have a field day with manufacturers.

Usually on satnavs that screen is an option depending on if the country/teritory you are in requires it. On my old carpc there was an option to turn it off and then an exception screen to say in that accepting it you knew you might be breaking the law. I guess Nissan includes it to cover their ass. You can use the enter button on the steering wheel to "press" it though ;)

Second that! "Accept" = Annoying :boxing:

I think the GT academy cars are largely standard, just with a few extra safety features (rollcage etc) if thats the car you got. I'd imagine it will have track pads too as the OEM ones will cook quickly on track.

I went on Race Academy in before the roadster was out (Was one of the first showings of the car) and they where all left hookers :thumbdown: but they had upgraded Pads and Disks and also Clutch's, but this was only becuase they where being raced almost every day... And they also had the GTR PS3 stuff in them :D (but my recording did not work :byebye: )

But the car is good on track and allot more fun that what I see Porsche doing :yahoo:

Second that! "Accept" = Annoying :boxing:

+1

OP is one lucky git tho! ;)