New Member - Advice Needed

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a Zed fairly soon.

I've been to see quite a few...my budget is 9k and I've been amazed by the difference in the standard of condition among them!

One has really stuck out to me;

It's a white 350Z, 04 Plate with 62000 miles on the clock

It's had a full respray colour change and has Dotz alloys.

The thing is according to Parkers and What Car valuations indicate it's worth around 7k-7.5k. The chap is looking for 7995 and has said he's not willing to take anything lower due to the cost of the respray and alloys.

The condition is pretty much spot on, the odd small scratch on the alloys and a few scuffs inside but that's about it.

What are your thoughts? Is it worth paying a little extra or should I stop letting me heart rule my head and walk away from this particular one

Why not post a link up to the car so we can have a look. Personally I think he's asking a bit much for that, I'm sure you can get a newer / similar car with the same or less mileage for the same or less money. To be fair, it's not your problem he got a re-spray and bought new wheels.

I broke the golden rule and bought the first Zed I saw, luckily she's been rock solid. There is so much to choose from out there I think you should certainly consider looking at a few more

Oh, I forgot to say welcome :)

Thanks for the Warm Welcome guys!

Here is another I've come across http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... r/86009361

The car looks good but the price way out....I've just text the guy asking if he'd be open to offers nearer to 8500 as this is what online valuations are suggesting it'd be worth.

Love to hear your opinions!

Here is another I've come across http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... r/86009361

The car looks good but the price way out....I've just text the guy asking if he'd be open to offers nearer to 8500 as this is what online valuations are suggesting it'd be worth.

Less than £8000

Less than £8000

Is that because it's coming up for winter?

Less than £8000

Is that because it's coming up for winter?

Nope ..... IMO 2005 car with 40000 miles is not worth more than £8000 .......

Looking at most for sale privately the average mileage/age for £8k seem to be around 52k and 04/05.

I'll definitely bare your thoughts in mind though mate - I'm going to go and have a look at it tomorrow