LakeZ 2012

martinmac

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

martin,

If we get there tonight and its raining.......... :lol: . weather report really doesnt look good but we are coming come hell or high water :boat::scare: . Im bringing more than one pair of shoes with me this time.

I'm doing exactly the same with clothing this time AND bringing a gazebo so that I don't bring the wetness inside.

Won't arrive until some time between 8-9 me thinks

Have extra toast for me!! :) Have a good one guys, take care :thumbs:

Breakfast (full english at greasy spoon) at 12:30 .

Burger King on the motorway. Then up t Lakes.

See you 3:30 to 4:00 (put tent up in the rain :lol: )

ian do you want us to save you a space next to our tent mate?

I'm cool mate cheers, rather particular about where I pitch. Access to a pee bush, correct sleeping angle and close enough to the car. I'll probably pitch in the same place if it's available. If I recall you pitched right up the back last time with your house sized tent.

Thanks for the offer though! :thumbs:

Martin - what's the last available Shell station before hitting Heaves, from the Midlands.

Cheers

Went for the day and the karting , Just back now and was sunny the whole time B)

Shame i couldnt pitch a tent and enjoy a drink with you's :drunk: but my mate i fetched was moaning to go home. Had my stuff in the back of the car ready to buy a tent and all :(

Looking forward to the pics and vids :thumbs:

Go karting was best bit though :teeth:

IMG_20120630_201147.jpg

Managed to get down to Lakez yesterday for a couple of hours with the missus, was good to put faces to names,though was a bit of a shame there wasn't more folk there, just shows don't believe all that mr weatherman tells you! :bangin:

A lovely afternoon spent looking at some very nice cars,and having a good crak. thanks to Martin and the guys for putting the meet on :thumbs:

20120630_121030.jpg

20120630_121236.jpg

20120630_121247.jpg

20120630_121253.jpg

Well thats all the tents and Gazebos down and re-delivered. The tables and chairs are away for another year and all the cars are parked and empty.

I would just like to thanks all who attended, it was a great weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed it even with the streaming cold, cant think how I got that. :lol::drunk:

I think the hotel did us proud again and kept up the level of service from last year.

The weather was very kind, i didnt pack any sun cream and am regretting that now, I have a very red face.

AS always at these meets there were some very funny and special moments and I am sure some of the pics will get on here.

Thanks also go to Tim from Envy valeting for taking the time to come along and support the event. :thumbs: I hope you get your nuts sorted. :lol:

I would also like to thank those who couldnt make the full weekend but popped over to say hello including a 260z driving down from Peebles this morning. :clap:

So guys, thanks again for your time, effort and cash. A great bunch of people made it a very memorable weekend.

Oh, and congrats to the winner of the car of the show, at last. :#1::lol:

A massive thank you to Martinmac and the team for an awesome weekend :thumbs: Weather was good, plenty of beer (and Shandy for the Southern lads) :lol:

I will upload some pics of the 'Car of Show' winner when I get home!

Big respect to Martin and Liz, and ALL who contributed to making LakeZ as good as it is. Weather was FAR better than last year, and the entire event was with huge success. A shame the numbers weren't as fruitful as last year, but that's the way it falls. After discussions last night the future is VERY bright for LakeZ with some new ideas and planning to make it just as good as Wales.

It would be great if more local Zeders could join in, considering we were on their patch yet not there. The Scots were missed and of course the other Southerners.

Please all make a date for LakeZ in your diary for next year, the bar is being raised considerably.

Yay for the winner!! I think he deserved it after all this time. Also a BIG thank you to Nissan for the gifts donated to the raffle. Maybe Nissan could pop along next time?

I've had a look through the pics, some good ones in there which I'm about to upload and paste in.

Great to meet the northern crowd again..... and some new faces. A very big thanks for having me along and looking forward to the next LakeZ!!

Hey get this..... got home today saw my Mrs and she said dinner is on..... :teeth: and guess what it was!!!

T-Bone! I love it..... what a wonderful surprise.

Pics to follow and well done for those making the meet CHEERS! :drunk:

Glad you had some decent weather mate :thumbs: It HAD to be better than last year :headhurt:

With regard to the "southerners", although I had family stuff to attend quite a few of the guys went to Goodwood for the festival of speed so date choice has to be a consideration. I look forward to hearing about future plans :thumbs:

Big respect to Martin and Liz, and ALL who contributed to making LakeZ as good as it is. Weather was FAR better than last year, and the entire event was with huge success. A shame the numbers weren't as fruitful as last year, but that's the way it falls. After discussions last night the future is VERY bright for LakeZ with some new ideas and planning to make it just as good as Wales.

It would be great if more local Zeders could join in, considering we were on their patch yet not there. The Scots were missed and of course the other Southerners.

Please all make a date for LakeZ in your diary for next year, the bar is being raised considerably.

Yay for the winner!! I think he deserved it after all this time. Also a BIG thank you to Nissan for the gifts donated to the raffle. Maybe Nissan could pop along next time?

I've had a look through the pics, some good ones in there which I'm about to upload and paste in.

Great to meet the northern crowd again..... and some new faces. A very big thanks for having me along and looking forward to the next LakeZ!!

Hey get this..... got home today saw my Mrs and she said dinner is on..... :teeth: and guess what it was!!!

T-Bone! I love it..... what a wonderful surprise.

Pics to follow and well done for those making the meet CHEERS! :drunk: