LakeZ 2012

martinmac

lakez2012d.jpg

I am pleased to announce that the LakeZ 2012 event has now been confirmed at the Heaves Hotel near Kendal for the Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the weekend of 30th June.

The venue is very car friendly and hosts many car meets and shows during the year. The RS owners attend with around 200 cars every year and are very well looked after.

There will be a drive out for those that want it. Camping is an option but there are limited rooms at the venue and plenty of other options close by. The cars can be safely left on site to allow those staying elsewhere to have a few drinks.

You will be about 30 minutes from the central lake district so lots of things to do if you want to nip off for a while. Last year many enjoyed the trip on the steam train which connects with the lakes cruises on the saturday. Alternatively there will be a drive out on the Saturday to take in some of the great local roads.

I am hoping that the Scots members may travel down for this as they miss out on many of the big Jap shows down south.

Heaves Hotel Near Kendal Cumbria

The Hotel will be providing light refreshments and snacks during the day. There will be a band performing on the Saturday night and the hotel will be providing a buffet at £6 per head.

Camping for the weekend is £5 per person. Showers and toilets will be provided.

There is a general entry cost of £10 per person for the weekend.

So for those who want to camp the total cost for the weekend will be £21 which includes the buffet and the band.

For those that dont fancy camping there are plenty of options with a big range of pubs and hotels in the area. I have a local minibus that will transfer people back and forwards at mates rates.

The hotel are happy for you to use BBQs as long as they arent directly on the lawns. You can also bring your own refreshments but please note, dont take your own drink into the hotel for the band on the Saturday night. The hotel bar is very reasonably priced.

The local Asda is only a few miles away.

I look forward to seeing many of you there and hope this is an event that will get established and grow year by year.

Please feel free to register your interest on here and I will update the names list on the first post to save the thread becoming a tedious list of names.

A few final details to add.

On the friday night the hotel will be serving the full menu this year which is good of them.

Saturday and Sunday mornings they will serve the full breakfast. And its well worth it. Sets you up for the day.

The buffet will be served on the Saturday night at 8pm and the band will then play, license until 1 am.

During the days there will be snacks available and there is a full roast meal on Sunday lunchtime to set you up for the drive home.

Postcode for the sat nav. LA8 8EF

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't mean to be rude but the band wasn't the greatest attraction.

A big outdoor markee for the band to play in so we can booze our cheap drink and watch them and we also won't need to stand on the doorstep like chavs drinking cider and j-meister :lol:

I may be able to help out as nicoles dad has events markees from street parties we have up here.

Buffet food... More hot food and more basic stuff like chicken pakora and burgers (possible BBQ?)

Pre booked trips as it became a bit messy and everyone got split up.

Cragus and jay can bring there guitars for a singsong aswell :p;) Oh idea -- forum talent contest :lol:

I'm sure everyone will agree that we don't mind paying a little extra if required to cover additional costing.

As you seem to be in control of most things up there Martin, can you sort the weather this time please ?:lol:;):surrender:

I agree with others regarding organised trips or visits, especially if they are made known beforehand, purely from a personal point of view, if I'm going to attend all weekend then it's nice to know what's going on in advance :thumbs: Thank you. :)

I will stick up a dedicated thread with some options nearer the time. As for the weather its the lake district in summer. :lol:

I think the way forward is to have one person looking after each trip. It can get a little chaotic otherwise. Its a big learning curve doing these weekends so I am very much open to suggestions of what people want. As for the band i may be able to sort something a little special for next year. ;)

I sugest a change of Lakes, perhaps Como? :sun::lol:

Seriously I thought it was all pretty well done last year given the numbers were down on what we expected which meant the costs had to be very well managed. The more definitive interest we get the better stuff we can put on. Just need things firmed up a bit more in advance, like if we have a drive out make sure we have it all pre-arranged and people know the score so they dont get lost or follow the wrong group etc.

I'm tempted to stay at Maison AK this year, I hear its being refubished :teeth:

The heating will be in by then I'm lead to believe, probably need it in June in this country :wacko:

I sugest a change of Lakes, perhaps Como? :sun::lol:

Seriously I thought it was all pretty well done last year given the numbers were down on what we expected which meant the costs had to be very well managed. The more definitive interest we get the better stuff we can put on. Just need things firmed up a bit more in advance, like if we have a drive out make sure we have it all pre-arranged and people know the score so they dont get lost or follow the wrong group etc.

I'm tempted to stay at Maison AK this year, I hear its being refubished :teeth:

I agree last year was great and I loved it. I missed the big group train journey etc though and ended up in a weird place with good grub haha.

The markees her dad has are about 20m long and 10m wide and can join together. I'll have a chat to see what condition they are in.

I'll see what I can do in terms of nicking them off him for the weekend :lol:

Thanks Neil, that would be a great help. After last year I will not be putting it up though. :lol:

Haha I'm avoiding putting banners up this year :lol:

These are easy, a fully assemble frame adjust folds out. Put cover on and them the legs and lift up. Pretty easy stuff though lol

I think you may as well just move up here Chris. :drive1

Find us both a job on the right money and we'll be there within a month ;):thumbs: Amanda can find stuff, but there isnt much call for business intelligence in the Lakes, not on the scale that I do things. Most options atm involve me being around Manchester all week and in the Lakes at the weekend.

I think camping would be fun,as it should be pretty warm that time of year,plus it would be cheaper. Il have a chat to the mrs,and see what she thinks about it. Itl be like Lemans on the cheap! lol :#1:

If you were there last year you will think twice about that haha