LakeZ 2012

martinmac

Did someone mention Chez Kirkby? :lol: Only one bedroom available for that date at the moment, but there is plenty of dossing space in the garage!

I'll volunteer to do a run up the A595 to Muncaster Castle and the Owl/Birds of Prey centre if you want. I promise everyone that we will actually stop there this time instead of heading up my end whilst trying to fatten everyone up :blush:

Try and sort out say a 10 - 10.30pm leave, lunch at muncaster, then people are free to either take a ride on the Ratty, or come eat me out of house and home etc!

To everyone camping at Heaves - accept the fact that the Lakes, like Wales, can get bad weather any time of year and come prepared accordingly! ;) I was alone in the tent last year with a Thermarest and a 3 season down bag and was toasty all night. :thumbs:

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did someone mention Chez Kirkby? :lol: Only one bedroom available for that date at the moment, but there is plenty of dossing space in the garage!

No rooms available then, I'm sure Amanda will be happy to bagsie that if you are going to kip at home ;):teeth: Certainly leaves us with more space in the car if we dont need camping gear!

To be fair I think we should make a visit to Andy's house as Frans brownies were immense!!!! Andy also took us for a wicked drive so I hope we can't put Andy's knowledge of the roads to use. As last year of the lakes was a trial, I still think it was a success despite the weather and toilets. Although camping was a tad wet I'd still go for the camping as it was a laugh seeing the state of some people in the morning, myself included and I think it adds to the fun. In fact I don't think I could put up with the haunted house ;)

More traders would be good, maybe a BBQ, band outside would be good although these are all weather permitting. A drive is a MUST and places to visit scheduled too. You'll see me there for 2012 that's for sure. The talent contest I think should be formed around the Alcohol Breatherliser :lol: (see who can blow the highest reading, although that's Martin out the game - sorry :lol: )

No rooms available then, I'm sure Amanda will be happy to bagsie that if you are going to kip at home ;):teeth: Certainly leaves us with more space in the car if we dont need camping gear!

No no mate, I'll be camping no doubt, but Fran was too busy studying last year, and presumably, next year too, so she will likely be staying at home again. We would probably work it the same way we are doing it when Frans parents come for christmas. We take the sofa bed in the spare room so Fran can stay on the PC all evening, and the guests take our bed. Simples! :dance:

You can stay no problem, I'll get damp in the tent, and Fran will look after you softies at home, then we meet up at Muncaster on saturday morning. :thumbs:

Its worth attending just to see the band. I am flying the bass player in from Spain and the lead guitaris won British guitarist of the year a few years back.

oooooo, you've shown me those on Youtube. Interesting...... :teeth:

I think maybe this year we should look at taking deposits. Even if only a fiver.

Had some many people saying they were coming last year, and then just not turn up on the day that I know you ran the risk of being out of pocket.

Its worth attending just to see the band. I am flying the bass player in from Spain and the lead guitaris won British guitarist of the year a few years back.

I think maybe this year we should look at taking deposits. Even if only a fiver.

Had some many people saying they were coming last year, and then just not turn up on the day that I know you ran the risk of being out of pocket.

+1 :thumbs:

+1 the deposit thing too, more than a fiver though imho. :thumbs:

You can stay no problem, I'll get damp in the tent, and Fran will look after you softies at home, then we meet up at Muncaster on saturday morning. :thumbs:

Ah if you're camping then we'll camp too, although might be a quick run to yours in the morning for brekkie - nom nom nom :teeth:

We need more people camping anyway :#1:

It was a great wee event B) The band were probably ok, but because of some logistical difficulties, the room they played in was too small which meant it was too loud, don't get me wrong, loud is good in the right circumstances, but at a social event, you really want to be able to communicate when the music was on or be able to get up and boogie (I'm some boogier BTW :teeth: )

I'd suggest a disco, starting around 10ish to around 2ish, gives a chance to let the dinner/drink go down with a platform to let everyone shake a leg or seven, it also gives the other half's who are not car interested a reason for being there (that maybe sexist/wrong, but it's ok, I've done the diversity course :lol: )

A foam party :yahoo: , now that would be fantastic, also gives you a reason to show n shine :D

As long as it doesn't clash with Le Mans or we aren't at war with Iran by then, count me in :thumbs:

Excellent, I'll bring some Laphroaig :surrender::drunk:

It was a great wee event B) The band were probably ok, but because of some logistical difficulties, the room they played in was too small which meant it was too loud, don't get me wrong, loud is good in the right circumstances, but at a social event, you really want to be able to communicate when the music was on or be able to get up and boogie (I'm some boogier BTW :teeth: )

I'd suggest a disco, starting around 10ish to around 2ish, gives a chance to let the dinner/drink go down with a platform to let everyone shake a leg or seven, it also gives the other half's who are not car interested a reason for being there (that maybe sexist/wrong, but it's ok, I've done the diversity course :lol: )

A foam party :yahoo: , now that would be fantastic, also gives you a reason to show n shine :D

As long as it doesn't clash with Le Mans or we aren't at war with Iran by then, count me in :thumbs:

Are you bringing short paul and his never ending supply of cider? :lol:

Should be there again this coming year. Looking forward to it. Just hoping for some sun this year :thumbs:

We should all be there :thumbs: Place your orders for West Country Cider now :lol::thumbs:

Should be there again this coming year. Looking forward to it. Just hoping for some sun this year :thumbs:

Are you setting up the South West Corral again? :drunk:

Hopefully it will not rain and the Gazebo will not be needed. Knowing the Lake District though, the Corral will be up protecting us from the wind and rain ;):lol:

As Paul knows I don't really like the stuff but I can be persuaded :wacko:

We should all be there :thumbs: Place your orders for West Country Cider now :lol::thumbs: