Frozen Planet

ChrisS

MASSIVE OWL FACE

:lol:

Amazing ... as always. Makes the price of a HD-TV worth it by miles.

Also stops me moaning about the TV License fee. They should stop Eastenders and all the other shite on the BBC (i.e. 99.% of it) and JUST fund this sort of thing. :cloud9:

Any divers here?

Diving, under ice... with MILES of darkness beneath you, which no-one actually knows what there is down there. Scariest thing in the world?

The Killer Whale behaviour was just freaky...swimming in formation to knock seals off ice bergs with waves :scare: Then going up for a look and if they reckon its a bit too much hassle if its an aggressive species of seal they move on...

The Killer Whale behaviour was just freaky...swimming in formation to knock seals off ice bergs with waves :scare: Then going up for a look and if they reckon its a bit too much hassle if its an aggressive species of seal they move on...

Plus, they COULD have just got that one ... but they decided to spin the 'berg to get him off... and tire him out.

Evil, evil things.... Still cool as hell. :blink:

It was quite evil that moment, when the knackared seal sat on the iceberg without the energy to pull its tail out the sea was just calmly and slowly dragged underwater... :scare:

lol .. slowly, stealthily, gently, pulled off the ice with a quiet plop... Then a large rush of bubbles and a red sheen appears in the water. Very efficient murder... Amazing creatures Orcas. The team wave behaviour was awesome!

I spent 7 years down Antarctica on and off with Endurance (not the original one)!

Good place to save money too. :-)

Wow!!! Really? Not may shops to spend your cash... or even cash points for the inevitable poker games.

Can't even start to think what it would be like down there. Kudos Railgun! :thumbs:

I spent 7 years down Antarctica on and off with Endurance (not the original one)!

Good place to save money too. :-)

Wow!!! Really? Not may shops to spend your cash... or even cash points for the inevitable poker games.

Can't even start to think what it would be like down there. Kudos Railgun! :thumbs:

The stuff you saw on the program was somthing you could really get used to waking up too.

Just a for instance, (and hate sounding like I'm blowing, but what the hell! LOL) I was up for the morning watch, and was standing down on the ships quarterdeck with a cuppa, about 3.30 in the morning, 24 hour sunlight at that time, the ship was hitched up on the side of an ice flow, was hanging over the back end, and I had a face to face with an Orca sticking its head up out of the water, just like in the program. They really do look you in the eye.

They used to follow the ship when we were ice breaking too, as any seals on the ice in the path of ship, would go into the water behind us. Easy pickings for them. Incredible place, and it made me slightly emotional watching the program. Happy days!. Transiting Drake's passage to get down and back from there, was always entertaining though! :lol:

It's made me wanna stick some of my old vids on you tube. Ill get round to it! :thumbs: