Opinions about YOU based on your Zed

HEADPHONES

How do people view Zed owners?

Flash gits?

Down to earth and above all the badge snobbery malarky?

Loaded?

One reason for asking is I have found that when tradesmen come round and see the zed on the drive they normally come up with the same ol remark......."you must be doing alright" followed by a dubious quote. Seriously thinking of parking round the corner when tradesmen come even though next doors mondeo is worth more than my 05 zed.

Maybe I'm just paranoid about tradesmen, in which case ignore my random babbling :lol:

Im a tradesman and i own a Zed.

The general view is that people think you are loaded and a flash git, i sometimes feel a bit self concious in mine when people stare, but i like to think i have worked hard for it and dont give a monkeys what people say. :thumbs:

Im a tradesman and i own a Zed.

The general view is that people think you are loaded and a flash git, i sometimes feel a bit self concious in mine when people stare, but i like to think i have worked hard for it and dont give a monkeys what people say. :thumbs:

Spot on with the "i worked hard so don't care" bit. I've worked hard and driven some horrible cars the last ten years so sod them!!!

I'm not to sure many people think "flash git" but i would defiantly say they think you have a fair bit of cash. But as said above my neighbours Focus and Volvo costs the same or a little than the Zed.

I'm an electrician, but never go into a job thinking i could squeeze more cash out of someone just because of what car/house they have. Can't speak for everyone thou!! Apart from the exceptions, i feel if someone has a nice house or car its generally because they look after their money or work hard themselves, so are unlikely to be mugged off so easy!

I haven't had any comments about me negatively, that I have heard, mostly people just complimenting the car and being quite pleasant to me. Although the majority of the time of Zed ownership has been whilst living in Putney, where Aston Martins and the like are quite common sights.

The only negative comments I get are in jest from my Dad about being overpaid and never working - based on the fact that I have been made redundant twice in the last 18 months and both times managed to sort out another job very quickly so having these huge chunks of garden leave :lol:

I usually get the comment, or you can see the look, "nice car your son has there" :blush::lol:

I can understand the comments younger people would get, from jealousy to being impressed. For me it was not until I starting working for myself some 10 years ago and mortgages/divorce/uni fees etc paid off which meant a decent car could be afforded - OK late on in life but hey, better late than never :D

Because i look very young i get, your getting paid too much. Or flash git ect. Only a few are negative really. But fiiling up is the best. Get some funny looks as i dont look old enough to put petrol in, let alone 100 quids worth.

:snack:

I also drive a brand new qashqai with bling alloys ect and that gets a better reaction. But mostly ohhhh hes too young to drive that.

Most of my mates call me a chav for driving the Zed! All in good humour of course, they're just jealous ;)

Yeah one of my mates has the same sort of opinion of me driving a zed. Especially with the big shiny exhaust tailpipes, he`s always making references to chavs and boy racers etc... it gets kinda boring after a while.

I dont get any negative comments just about my dented door and scratched bonnet :lol: petrol stations are always fun get some funny looks from older people though..genuinely round my way its viewed as quite prestigious car i think theres a few about but not many my friends say when i pull up you expect someone in a suit to get out with dashing looks...then i fall out the drivers door in a pair of shorts and a monster t shirt they think its classic!!but geniunely if there is hate its only cos its jealousy or they feel inferior or wish they had one...i used to do it before i got my zed but like you say i think when you work hard for it you loose that side of you and appreciate what you got more thats why those of us on here are good guys :thumbs:

The members at my golf club including the ladies call it "The babe magnet". There is only the one Zed whereas the golf club car park has lots of mercs and BMWs and the Zed is the one which everyone notices and admires so its nice to be unique. Hasn't done much for me as a babe magnet though !!! :lol:

Moreso what I felt people thought of me rather than what I know people thought of me...was picking up the wife from her Philosophy class last night, best place is to just park up in McDonalds car park as its across the road from the centre. A few other cars pulled up, I am sitting there, not eating food, engine ticking over, lights off, scruffy looking, hoody, mid thirties and just waiting there. A couple parked next to me and out the corner of my eye could see them eyeing me trying to figure it all out and talking about me (you just know when this is happening!) - if I were in a VW Polo I would just be labelled a chav I guess, but in the Zed I am thinking they were putting me down as:

A drug dealer?

A gang member?

Some chav with the paperwork from a huge finance agreement stuffed in the glovebox?

Someone who has very recently stolen a 350z?

It must have come as a shock when my 5 month pregnant wife ambles across the road, I help her into the Zed taking her bags, give her a kiss and a hug and ask enthusiastically how her philosophy course was and we put 'Jai Ho' on the stereo and pull away :lol:

Moreso what I felt people thought of me rather than what I know people thought of me...was picking up the wife from her Philosophy class last night, best place is to just park up in McDonalds car park as its across the road from the centre. A few other cars pulled up, I am sitting there, not eating food, engine ticking over, lights off, scruffy looking, hoody, mid thirties and just waiting there. A couple parked next to me and out the corner of my eye could see them eyeing me trying to figure it all out and talking about me (you just know when this is happening!) - if I were in a VW Polo I would just be labelled a chav I guess, but in the Zed I am thinking they were putting me down as:

A drug dealer?

A gang member?

Some chav with the paperwork from a huge finance agreement stuffed in the glovebox?

Someone who has very recently stolen a 350z?

It must have come as a shock when my 5 month pregnant wife ambles across the road, I help her into the Zed taking her bags, give her a kiss and a hug and ask enthusiastically how her philosophy course was and we put 'Jai Ho' on the stereo and pull away :lol:

Love it, nice one mate :thumbs:

Who's 'Jai Ho' :blush::lol:

A drug dealer?

A gang member?

Ive noticed the same sort of reactions to me when im sitting there in my zed. Dont think my number plate helps tho........ ?

2011-10-08105208.jpg