People's reactions to the zed.

rabbitstew

In the 6 months i've owned my zed i've had nothing but good comments from friends and family.

Being 20 and looking just about old enough to drive though does draw ALOT of negative attention. I've been called allsorts from daddys boy to snob. Plus i dont exactly live in a rich area so cars like the zed are very rare. I work my tits off for it though so i dont care, infact pulling into college in a 300 horsepower car when most people have a 1.2 hatchback is the best feeling ever.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the 6 months i've owned my zed i've had nothing but good comments from friends and family.

Being 20 and looking just about old enough to drive though does draw ALOT of negative attention. I've been called allsorts from daddys boy to snob. Plus i dont exactly live in a rich area so cars like the zed are very rare. I work my tits off for it though so i dont care, infact pulling into college in a 300 horsepower car when most people have a 1.2 hatchback is the best feeling ever.

:#1: +1 I know EXACTLY how you feel :blush:

I can honestly say i have had loads and loads of people commenting how n ice my car is not one negative comment... short story i took my girlfriend to see some absolutely mint vintage wedding cars yesterday which where fantastic clean tidy all you would expect Rolls Roce Benntly etc well over 25 years old to have the owner saying wow really nice car over and over to the point of suggesting that we should put some ribbons on it for the wedding day for me to turn up in lmao how ironic turn up for your wedding in your own motor maybe i will :D

Being 20 and looking just about old enough to drive though does

draw ALOT of negative attention. I've been called allsorts from daddys boy to snob. Plus i dont exactly live in a rich area so cars like the zed are very rare. I work my tits off for it though so i dont care, infact pulling into college in a 300 horsepower car when most people have a 1.2 hatchback is the best feeling ever.

Good for you pal. Alot of cash for someone your age to run, but if that's what makes you happy, go for it. To hell with what the little green monsters say. :thumbs:

Went up to Thruxton this morning with a few mates for a bit of Grand Prix action on the Thunderkarts..

Took the Zed with a petrol head mate Mike in the wing man seat and also had my mate Bri in his TVR Griffith 500 along too..

Being told by Mike that the bark/howl/growl of the Zed at full chat in 2nd (helped by Nismo) sounded better than the lazy chugging TVR V8 :teeth:

Personally i'd question that when the Griff is at full chat but the Zed was on particularly good form today, especially after karting and a slightly spirited drive home still thinking im in a 400cc go-kart :lol:

suggesting that we should put some ribbons on it for the wedding day for me to turn up in lmao how ironic turn up for your wedding in your own motor maybe i will :D

I certainly intend to use mine for my wedding next year. My car looks loads better than half the wedding cars ive seen!

Being 20 and looking just about old enough to drive though does

draw ALOT of negative attention. I've been called allsorts from daddys boy to snob. Plus i dont exactly live in a rich area so cars like the zed are very rare. I work my tits off for it though so i dont care, infact pulling into college in a 300 horsepower car when most people have a 1.2 hatchback is the best feeling ever.

Good for you pal. Alot of cash for someone your age to run, but if that's what makes you happy, go for it. To hell with what the little green monsters say. :thumbs:

Cheers mate, like i said i'm not really bothered if people presume im some sort of a rich kid. I know i work hard so it goes right over my head.

At work we have very limited parking so we park in two rows - which means that if someone from the first row wants out, everyone in the second row has to move. People are always happy to move my car, everyone loves it. So do I :).

The other day I was cruising on the M4 towards London and a Z32 went past me and the driver greeted - that made me feel good and part of an elite group of drivers :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Just did a service on mine and took it for a quick drive around the block to make sure it was all okay. Seriously hot today so roof down. As I drove through the village a entire gang of kids nearly fell off their bikes as they saw me and jumped up shouting out "nice car mate!!!" and giving me the thumbs up!

Made my day as there was a guy in a red boxster convertible 3 cars ahead of me and they totally ignored it! :lol:

Then I called in the local tescos to fill up with petrol and the guy next to me filling his Vauxhall Zafira up, fully loaded with kids and nagging wife, kept giving my car sly glances when he thought I wasnt looking! Then when I looked in his direction he kept quickly looking away. :lol:

Same thing here with kids. Driving through a small village (whilst checking the roads out for the last midlands meet) and there's a small group of kids sat on and around a bench, the village was quiet and of course they heard the rumble of the V6, I glanced over to the left and as I did they all jumped and shouted "kwoaaaar - that is sick!!"

You kinda get the feeling of driving something from fast and furious, it's a superb feeling and I believe because it's not a Porsche a Ferrari or Lamborghini you get treated differently, as it's showing off but in a polite way with the Zed.

Same thing here with kids. Driving through a small village (whilst checking the roads out for the last midlands meet) and there's a small group of kids sat on and around a bench, the village was quiet and of course they heard the rumble of the V6, I glanced over to the left and as I did they all jumped and shouted "kwoaaaar - that is sick!!"

You kinda get the feeling of driving something from fast and furious, it's a superb feeling and I believe because it's not a Porsche a Ferrari or Lamborghini you get treated differently, as it's showing off but in a polite way with the Zed.

+1 to that, you just cant help it in a zed its all part the the fun of ownership.

I had the most amusing one yet this week sat at some traffic lights in Dundee (Stobswell outside Blockbusters for those who know it) - two wee scruff balls about 10 ish absolutely wetting themselves almost climbing in the passenger door "Your car's f*cking meeeeentaaaaaaal" :lol: I hate to think what they'd do if a real super-car car came by bless them :lol:

Had many awkward silent moments in petrol stations with people asking what she was, and when I park up outside my mums when I go to visit her ( yards from local primary school) They act like baboons at a safari park, minus the ripping off the wipers part, they go totally ape over her. Youngsters especially love the Z as she's on more or less on every xbox, ps3 video game there is, as its the affordable ( man on the street ) supercar. I think they love the idea that its a proper performance car, but its within the grasp of Joe Average.

I love my Z! Both my 350 and now my 370. Every time I pull the belt over and start her up, It's an event, not just the start of an A to B journey. If you don't feel involved in every trip you make, what's the point in keeping her. It's an expensive car to run, so thats why I'm guessing 90 percent of owners love driving it like its supposed to be driven.

Had nothing but good comments and vibes, but mainly from kids and people who know exactly what the car is capable of.

I love all performance cars, but if you parked a Z next to an Audi R8, which one do you think is most likely to have a key mark down the side after being parked up overnight(trust me, the thought makes me weep)!

Back in from drinky poos, and not exactly captain sobriety, and It's probably not normal to give a mostly inanimate object, so much attention, but, WHAT A MACHINE! :thumbs:

Only had it 3 weeks but already had loads of comments. Think it helps that it's parked on the street now as it was cheaper with admiral if it was on the street. Plus I now get to admire it out of the window!

Had a wide variety of people make good comments and have seen plenty of people have a look. Most people don't actually know what it is, I suppose the badges being missing from the back doesn't help.

That's not even mentioning the looks it gets as I blast past with the unbunged japspeed k1 blaring, I go a longer way home now so I can go through a couple of tunnels.

Driving along the motorway yesterday morning to the start point of our Zclub rally, we got a big wave from another car passengers and thumbs up. Fast foward 1/2 hour jump back on the motorway to go to the next motorway off ramp 1.2kms away, and same again, massive wave from another car driver. My co-pilot waved back, think quite tickled that they liked the car. :thumbs:

Was in getting wheels balanced the other day at my local tyre place and this elderly gent was looking round the Z.....He was really into it and telling me about a 120y datsun he used to own....many many years ago.....he then wandered off and got into a c63 amg merc!!! :lol:

I was working on the car today and a couple of young kids cycled past:

Them: "Is that your car"

Me: "Yep"

Them: "Is it a lamborghini?"

Me: "Er... no" (then with me quite liking the lime light) "this is waaaaay faster than a lamborghini"

Kid to other kid: "told you so"

Made my day it did!

I was working on the car today and a couple of young kids cycled past:

Them: "Is that your car"

Me: "Yep"

Them: "Is it a lamborghini?"

Me: "Er... no" (then with me quite liking the lime light) "this is waaaaay faster than a lamborghini"

Kid to other kid: "told you so"

Made my day it did!

Love your answer to the kids and that is a classic! Kids are the best!

The guys at the MOT station yesterday were almost fighting over my keys to drive it onto the ramps. Nice to see considering there were some top Mercs, Beemers and Maserati's waiting to be tested in front of mine.

My favourite time was seeing a guy leaning against my parked car flirting with a nice lady. That was until I walked up and got in it. :blush:

The guys at the MOT station yesterday were almost fighting over my keys to drive it onto the ramps. Nice to see considering there were some top Mercs, Beemers and Maserati's waiting to be tested in front of mine.

My favourite time was seeing a guy leaning against my parked car flirting with a nice lady. That was until I walked up and got in it. :blush:

I would of raged if someone was leaning on my car lol

The guys at the MOT station yesterday were almost fighting over my keys to drive it onto the ramps.

Ive not had an MOT guy drive any of my cars on the ramps for about 12 years now after taking my Renault 5 GT Turbo with its group A racing clutch to the MOT centre. Bloke got in it, stalled it 3 times, got out, gave me the keys back and told me to do it instead. Ever since, regardless of what car ive taken, ive had to drive it on the ramps for them.

Although now having moved house, I guess that will all changed.