People's reactions to the zed.

rabbitstew

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Wednesday I was changing tyres at HiQ.

At some point police car arrived with flat tyre a guy and nice female officer.

When the guys changed the tyres she just started chatting with me it's really nice car needs to give lotd of pleasure from driving etc. She was very positive and nice.

It was one of my first chats with Police without getting a ticket:) :drive1

Pulled over this morning to nip into the bakers, porshce cayman s behind me slowed so I could open my door into the road, got out and noticed the rather attractive female passenger eyeing up my car - as it cruised by she smiled at me and waved :scare: I just smiled and waved back, no idea who it was :lol:

I had two incidents within the space of a minute last weekend!

I was looking for parking in a car park and drove past a family and boy shouted "Nice car!"

and then litterally a few seconds later an old man walking past, slowed right down to check the badge on front of the car ... the funny thing was I could see him still standing there looking as I drove off ...

:thumbs:

Three pikeys in a white van rolled down their window to shout "****er" at me on the way home.

:lol:

:lol: Glad its not just me who gets abuse. Ive had someone shout "gaylord" at me in a supermarket carpark, a morbidly obese woman who was staggering across a busy main road rather than use the crossing mouthed "tw@t" at me as I stopped to let her waddle past and some scruffy dole dossing looking chav shouting "w@nker" after me as I drove into the street I work on.

Not had any abuse for a few weeks now though and predominantly the positive comments by far outway the number of bad instances from jealous people.

Having only had my Zed since yesterday evening I can already say it's had a few reactions

Just parking outside my house and the local school bus had just got back…a group of kids walked past and stopped and stared

Also had a filthy look from a woman at a petrol station and just a few folk looking back as I drive past

Didn't buy it for attention but certainly is a bonus haha

Popped over to Maccy D's for a brekkie wrap after a nightshift and some guys in a delivery car said "Nuce car mate" to which I thanked them.

Last week while in Germany, Frankfurt airport area, I was waiting for the GF to come out of the Lufthansa building, lots of people having a look.

On a autobahn services, parked up to squeeze the lemon, GF stayed in the car.

Got back from the toilets, annoyed GF said

"Are those guys taking pics of Zoey?" (Zoey is our pet name for the Zed)

I just said "Ah yes, that's what I built her for" lol

Had a few looks, the first was people thinking me and my girlfriend were probably a little balmy, it was day 1 of getting her and driving back so were on a natural high anyway, we had the iPod and BOSE really loud and were singing along like two idiots, a few people went passed laughing.

I've also had alot of passengers and little kids waving at us so they've always had a wave back. I do love this car!

• 1 month later...

Meant to put a post up in here - Went to collect a Chinese the other day ( Stunk the car out :scare: ) waited in the car while GF went for it and a kid and his mate came out the shop to see what had made the noise and started taking pictures not knowing i was in there , Switched the lights on and they done one back in the shop :lol:

Meant to put a post up in here - Went to collect a Chinese the other day ( Stunk the car out :scare: ) waited in the car while GF went for it and a kid and his mate came out the shop to see what had made the noise and started taking pictures not knowing i was in there , Switched the lights on and they done one back in the shop :lol:

Popped to a tesco garage last night to get my next money-off-cinema-ticket voucher...I mean put £40 in the car :blush: . Started to drive off and waved to let a gentleman van driver walk across the pavement, he shook his head, I waved again, he shook his head again and came up to the window "it's okay I just wanna watch your car go past"....

....cue massive smugness

....cue unrelenting sighs from the g/f

....cue spirited acceleration to 40mph up the road

:teeth:

Popped to a tesco garage last night to get my next money-off-cinema-ticket voucher...I mean put £40 in the car :blush: . Started to drive off and waved to let a gentleman van driver walk across the pavement, he shook his head, I waved again, he shook his head again and came up to the window "it's okay I just wanna watch your car go past"....

....cue massive smugness

....cue unrelenting sighs from the g/f

....cue spirited acceleration to 40mph up the road

:teeth:

Doesn't always work mind you. I had been giving Precious a good polish for a couple of hours to make her even shinier for the start of the year..

A little scrote with one of those mini step scooters - who'd been tearing down our hill :scare: with his mates, asked me about the neighbour's motorbike parked a bit further down:

Kid "Excuse me - is that your bike?"

Me "No, it's the bloke next door's"

Kid "Can you bang on his door and tell him its a nice bike?"

(why couldn't he bang on the door to tell him..)

Me :doh:

Not a blimin word about Precious! :thumbdown:

Tut. Yoof of today.

Doesn't always work mind you. I had been giving Precious a good polish for a couple of hours to make her even shinier for the start of the year..

A little scrote with one of those mini step scooters - who'd been tearing down our hill :scare: with his mates, asked me about the neighbour's motorbike parked a bit further down:

Kid "Excuse me - is that your bike?"

Me "No, it's the bloke next door's"

Kid "Can you bang on his door and tell him its a nice bike?"

(why couldn't he bang on the door to tell him..)

Me :doh:

Not a blimin word about Precious! :thumbdown:

Tut. Yoof of today.

It's defo a convertible thing. Driving the boxster really wasnt plesent sometimes due to the abuse. Ended up always taking bendy back roads which agreed was more fun but spanked fuel. Around our way the Zed is not something you see everyday so the response and reactions are great. Took me 4 hours last weekend just getting through washing him due to people talking to me about it.