Surely not right? Brembos under 40quid?

coldel

Carefull guys.

The overall height for the 350Z front Brembo rotor should be 49mm.

Alex

when you post the part number into google it brings up the 49mm size.

For 40 quid its worth a punt really

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carefull guys.

Alex

That is what I am saying Neil. :)

They should be 49mm but the guy has them listed at 44.5mm in one of his listings and 39.4mm in another.

Good luck guys, I hope it all comes good for you, however you have nothing to lose providing you pay by Paypal. :thumbs:

Carefull guys.

Alex

That is what I am saying Neil. :)

They should be 49mm but the guy has them listed at 44.5mm in one of his listings and 39.4mm in another.

Good luck guys, I hope it all comes good for you, however you have nothing to lose providing you pay by Paypal. :thumbs:

haha yep paid by paypal...

lets just hope this fella was out on the raz last night and posted this stuff up while completely wrecked. Hopefully if it is the genuine part number and disc he has just made a mong of posting the info up and we all get extremely cheap discs :lol:

Bit off topic, but in regards to advertised pricing on eBay, the seller will have to honour it I guess.

Over on the my350z forums someone bid on a GTR (R35) which a dealer put up, the forecourt price was $65K, but the dealer forgot to put a reserve on the ad and someone won the auction at $55K.

He was happy as Larry until the dealer pulled out, saying they didn't want to sell it anymore at that price.

A few court dates later and the judge ruled in favour of the auction winner and the car was sold at $55K.

I think the forum even organised a group pick-up of the vehicle to rub it in a little more.

Won't ebay/paypal come down on the side of the trader and say something like he's made a genuine mistake, here's your money back? Worst way surely he'll say the ad says more than 10 available so he'll get stiffed for 11 tops? :shrug:

Just one thing ...what are you all proposing to do with these rotors? Hardly any of us run standard rotors anymore...so who will actually use them? :lol:

What upgrade do people run instead?

DBA, Performance Friction, EBC and a couple of other varieties

Hello people, i've still got standard discs and pads on my 350 but they'll need changing soon.

Would like to get upgraded brake system at some point but am i correct in saying that the performance friction discs mentioned are along the £700 mark?

If so thats a lot of cash for me at the moment so would probably stick with the standard pads as i'm looking at getting a new zorst and rev up next.

My other question is are the standard pads/discs the same for all the 350z i.e the the 280hp, 296, and the 313? I have the 313 version and if they fit these discs from ebay are a maooosive saving.

Thanks, Lionel.

Worth a punt at that, the worst that can happen is you get your money back if the item isn't as described but it is the correct part number so shouldn't be anything wrong with them.

I'm in. :)

They could still be fake though, which is quite concerning on a 1.1 fiesta, never mind a zed!

I presume they will have some sort of serial code on them, which could be verified with brembo?

My other question is are the standard pads/discs the same for all the 350z i.e the the 280hp, 296, and the 313? I have the 313 version and if they fit these discs from ebay are a maooosive saving.

Thanks, Lionel.

I believe there are only 2 types/sizes of standard discs and pads on the 350z - Brembo and non-Brembo. So if yours are the Brembo ones they should fit.

However if you don't want to take the risk, the traders on here will sort you out with the correct fitments or an upgraded setup.

:pmzmanalex:

Just one thing ...what are you all proposing to do with these rotors? Hardly any of us run standard rotors anymore...so who will actually use them? :lol:

I still run standard rotors with uprated pads. If they last a couple of months at 40 quid a set I will be happy :lol: