Infiniti G37

Hi everyone

I was very kindly invited to join this forum by martinmac following a lack of response to a thread I started on PistonHeads.

I bought an ex-demo Infiniti G37 coupe / convertible at the end of March which, for those of you who are not familiar, is basically a 370Z 2+2 with a folding hard top and a fairly high spec. I'm generally pleased with my choice and I asked if there were any other Infiniti owners who wanted to give their views on this or any other model in the range. It seems that there aren't many (if any) on PH!

I would also be interested in mods available for my car and wondered if some all or any of those available for the 370Z would apply. I'm particularly interetsted in exhausts and would like to think that one day, a twin turbo conversion might be on the cards(?)

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from anyone with info, advice or questions.

Will try to post a couple of pics sometime soon.

:)

Hi,

I have a FX35, fantastic piece of kit. It's had an UPREV (reflash of the ECU).

For the size of the vehicle the performance is impressive and the build quality is superior to Nissan.

Not been too impressed with Infiniti in the UK. Obviously they haven't been in business too long.

As far as tuning is concerned anything you can do to a 370, you can do to the G37.

I'm going for twin turbos later this year, but I'm putting them in my Z. :D

Kevin

Thanks for your kind words, everyone and some useful info already!

SamMcgoo, what is / where did you get your supercharger conversion? What do you think of it? Was it easy to install and / or expensive?

Planetsurfer, which conversion are you going for? Who's going to do the work and what sort of power are you expecting?

Oh, look! I'm getting all excited about this and there's no way I can afford it yet...! :blush: Still want to know though!

Thanks Chris I - will look at the Stillen stuff that's suitable. I have been looking at what's available in the US (tons, as you probably all know) and a decent exhaust note and possibly a re-map are definitely top priorities atm. :)

About to install an HR engine, this should be good for 450BHP without needing rebuilt with forged internals.

As this will be my daily drive with occasional track days I expect to run @400BHP.

I have a pair of HKS 2530 Turbos, I havent decided which kit yet and all the work will be done by Abbey Motorsports.

Obviously hoping the dollar sinks like a stone to reduce the exorbitant cost of installing TTs. :D

Hello & :welcome: Nearly ordered a G37 but eventually decided on the 370 Black edition as I didn't fancy having to travel to Reading from scarborough for servicing etc. May reconsider next year if I change the 370 as there is a dealership opening in Leeds shortly.