It's only a 350z....

kevlo

er...hate to spoil the party but:

he's right, it's only a 350Z. :shrug:

Cheap bit of Jap pig iron with a shoddy interior, dodgy paint, rubbish stock noise and too heavy.

We love 'em but it's only a 350Z.

Nail on the head. It's a great car, but it IS only a 350Z at the end of the day. It tries to be more special than it is really... but still it's your pride and joy so he's still a **** for insulting it. We all KNOW it's just a cheap japanese imitation of a proper luxury GT/sports car, but that doesn't mean people need to slag it off to your face.

Surprising that he said it though. Usually people are pretty impressed by my Z and think it's a lot better than I do, and think it's a lot better than it really is! It's only Porsche drivers who talk down to it haha.

have to agree, but as said above, it doesn't mean your hardwork should be wizzed on from a great height.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I would disagree. I look at cars going by and most are either £1K-£3k 80k mile plus runarounds or newer cars that are being paid off monthly for the next 48 years. Think you have done well for yourself if you can shell out in this day and age £8k upwards for a car like this and run it week in week out. I walk down the rather affluent street next to me and see various 2003 Seat Leons, older VWs, a plethora of 04-05 plate 1.6 Audis the odd 11 plate Ford and a solitary 04 plate Boxster.

Mate, you have got a very good car, there might be the odd 911 or the like kicking around but not many other cars can touch it for performance, driving enjoyment and looks.

Tell you what. Be nice and polite and offer him a ride and go to your favourite bit of road........ but put a seat protector on first :teeth:

Then see if opens his mouth again ;)

+1 :evil::teeth:

I had my first "Nice car" from a total stranger today in a garage - it was only 15 minutes after I got her back from the bodyshop so I was walking around like :cloud9: anyway :)

Its all relative surely, driving round here which is a reasonably nice area I see a few nicer, more expensive, more exciting, better cars but there's an awful lot more tatty, boring, sensible or just plain rubbish cars around. Despite it's flaws The Z is generally one of the nicer cars about.

If I park up on one of the less salubrious estates near where I work I can guarantee I will get a number of positive comments on the car as they consider the Z something more exotic than the cars they generally see/own. I don't really like parking up there either as the car blatantly stands out as something a bit more special than the other cars around and may attract the wrong kind of attention.

Now if I were to take the Z down to Monte Carlo it would be a completely different story and many would look down there nose at it and consider it "only a 350z". Thing is they would probably also consider a 911 "only a 911" and a GTR "only a GTR", it's all relative!

The fact this **** said what he did only proves that to him it's not "only a 350z" but is a car he is some what jealous of and I would continue to make him jealous by making sure it's always as clean and shiny as possible. Just think how shitty his life must be to have to make comments like that to make himself feel better.

Really, it shouldn't bother you. As they say, sticks and stones, it might not have a flash badge that you've paid through the nose for, but they go alright. ;) You'd only have to worry if your car had been egged like the VW I saw yesterday, by about 6 eggs and Burger King wrappers. :headhurt::wacko:

Its all relative surely, driving round here which is a reasonably nice area I see a few nicer, more expensive, more exciting, better cars but there's an awful lot more tatty, boring, sensible or just plain rubbish cars around. Despite it's flaws The Z is generally one of the nicer cars about.

If I park up on one of the less salubrious estates near where I work I can guarantee I will get a number of positive comments on the car as they consider the Z something more exotic than the cars they generally see/own. I don't really like parking up there either as the car blatantly stands out as something a bit more special than the other cars around and may attract the wrong kind of attention.

Now if I were to take the Z down to Monte Carlo it would be a completely different story and many would look down there nose at it and consider it "only a 350z". Thing is they would probably also consider a 911 "only a 911" and a GTR "only a GTR", it's all relative!

The fact this **** said what he did only proves that to him it's not "only a 350z" but is a car he is some what jealous of and I would continue to make him jealous by making sure it's always as clean and shiny as possible. Just think how shitty his life must be to have to make comments like that to make himself feel better.

Absolutely, if you drive around the UK, I would say ninety percent of the time you will have a better looking and more powerful car. In my book ninety percent is a percentage I can happily live with :thumbs:

Keep cleaning it mate, its your car not his, he probably lent out the window and said that after his missus had a go at him for never cleaning their car :lol: even when I had my boring diesel CDTi Corsa I kept it immaculate, some people can't handle that!

:boxing: It's only 350Z he ain't got....toss pot, they are just the kind of blokes you love ....you know the type.. the ones that drink in Weatherspoons in the afternoon wearing Adidas tracksuits and brown brogues telling everone how they would put things right if they were in charge of the country. :evil:

God Save Us From the Grunt! :boxing:

Without a doubt he's hurting inside far more than you are, otherwise why make a derogatory comment at all?

Little people like him always try to spoil the pleasure of others in order to try and bring them down to their own miserable level.

If I were you I'd go into subtle mode, just give him a beep on the horn, a little wave, a :teeth: and a blip on the accelerator each time you see him getting into his crapy little car or walking for the bus and you’ll have this prat seething even more than he is now. :thumbs:

It never ceases to amaze me how openly rude people can be. Not acceptable!

I had a very similar issue with a "customer" in an Audi garage I worked in. The new R8 had just been launch and this guy came in with the express commitment to rip the car to shreds using swear words and other un articulate grammar. When he moved on the colour, I politely told him that for an additional £2500 he could have in any colour he wanted which would take the bil to £98000, would that be cash or a cheque? He left the building.

No need for it we all like a bit of feedback but rude comments keep them to yourself its heart breaking - F*7k those f*7kers

:lol:

i've never ever had somone being that rude, one of my neighbours just says something whenever i'm on with teh car "you doing something else, or what you doing NOW?" but he's a good friend so you know he's only joking :)

If somone is saying thing's like that it's jealousy. Does he even drive? Most people are jealous of anyone who owns something a bit sporty, especially men!

i've never ever had somone being that rude, one of my neighbours just says something whenever i'm on with teh car "you doing something else, or what you doing NOW?" but he's a good friend so you know he's !

:lol: I get that all the time!...........usually as I'm creating a giant puddle of oil on the close!

I had a similar-ish exchange with my neighbour yesterday - had a courtesy car since Monday as my Zed's gone back to the garage to have some wheel bearings replaced etc (but that's another story).

When my neighbour first saw my car two weeks ago he couldn't wait to shout across the road that "those cars are very fast and unsteady you know!" at me and when he saw that I was Zed-less this week he rubbed his hands in glee and asked me if I'd "crashed it already?". I replied that it was back at tha garage "being made faster" (a lie, but thought I'd say it anyway given his comments from a couple of weeks back). He then told me that the courtesy car, a Megane, was "better than that Nissan anyway!".

What a cheeky c-nut! he's clearly jealous so I aint too bothered and I think he's a Megane fanboy as him and his Mrs both drive one. Saddos!

Really missing my Zed now! been without him since Monday and still don't know when I can get him back :(

S.

whats his missus like?

If she is worth one I'd slip her a portion then say "Its only your missus mate" and see how he likes it. :yuck:

:lol::lol::lol: classic

Definately ignore the next door neighbour - he is a chump, plain and simple. Touch wood I've only ever had positive comments about my zed. Generally it seems to be a car that people know is more special than the average focus/astra etc but not so 'flash' that people resent you for driving one :thumbs:

It’s definitely a Jealousy thing, every sports car I have owned from Camaros, Audi’s, GTI’s, Sciroccos, Megane Rs’s and now 350z, have all had negative comments or backhanded compliments where people want to give you their two penneth on your car. Like the fronts ok but I hate the back, or there not that fast. (yeah 0-60mph in under 6 seconds is well slow??? :lol: ) But I couldn’t give a flying Fu*k, as all that counts is I like it, and it puts a smile on my face when I jump in a go for a drive. And as said before they normally drive some daily driver piece of crap.

I would probably question why he hasn’t got anything better to do with his time than watch you wash your car?? Surely it’s sadder to watch a man wash his car, than make your zed shine like it should??

I would probably question why he hasn’t got anything better to do with his time than watch you wash your car?? Surely it’s sadder to watch a man wash his car, than make your zed shine like it should??

very true, i thought about this today so i went and detailed my engine bay for a couple of hours. really pleased with the result but really enjoyed catching him watching me at the window at least 3 times... sad b4stard!

It's worrying how many people feel they have to justify the car they bought to other people, never mind like-minded enthusiasts.

not sure what you mean by this post, but im not trying to justify my car. i just wanted to vent after a knob passed a very undeserved comment!