Pies, lovely lovely pies, pie appreciation thread

Willy P

Recently I have been thinking; "I wonder how much info about pies we can fit into one thread, i.e. brands, fillings, pastry etc." So, please write anything you want about pies in this thread, perhaps there's someone out there that has a blog that he keeps updated with different pies and rates them. If there is, they should have their rank changed from "Z fanatic" to perhaps "The Pie Minister", what do you think mods?

Don't worry about me and my problem with potentially having to sell the zed, it's fine, the talk of pies is therapeutic on cold wet days such as today.

P.S. I'm keeping the zed now, so the old thread was useless anyway....

:teeth:

If you are going to buy another one in 6 months time, surely it makes more sense just to keep yours? Id expect you`ll probably struggle to sell atm, and have to accept a low price, then in 6 months time you`ll end up paying the same or more for the same car!

You can get cheap food if you shop around. Im well into pies atm. You can get 4 single pies for a quid from iceland or 2quid from tescos. Iceland do 40 fish fingers (60% fish i think so not rubbish ones) for 2quid, bag of freshly frozen peas is 1quid, etc. etc. Big bag of potatoes or pasta lasts me for ages. Lunchtimes, I make my own sarnies rather than buy any in, so you end up living for hardly anything.

like above people said can just spend a bit longer shopping and go bargain hunting, less throttle on the zed might help matterss to, i bought a bicycle and now drive the zed when i have to rather than coasting everywhere in it save bout £30 a week..i was thinking the same thing bout selling but then thought id prob get less for it..then when i get a job (got made reduntant) id buy another one which would prob cost me mre later on...but now realise if worst comes to worst just declare it off the road and theres a nice reward waitng for when the money side of things pick up.

If you are going to buy another one in 6 months time, surely it makes more sense just to keep yours? Id expect you`ll probably struggle to sell atm, and have to accept a low price, then in 6 months time you`ll end up paying the same or more for the same car!

You can get cheap food if you shop around. Im well into pies atm. You can get 4 single pies for a quid from iceland or 2quid from tescos. Iceland do 40 fish fingers (60% fish i think so not rubbish ones) for 2quid, bag of freshly frozen peas is 1quid, etc. etc. Big bag of potatoes or pasta lasts me for ages. Lunchtimes, I make my own sarnies rather than buy any in, so you end up living for hardly anything.

HOW THE HELL IS A FISH FINGER THAT'S ONLY 60% FISH NOT RUBBISH?! :bangin::lol::ban:

You think fish fingers are 100% fish for the price? Anything over about 40% is decent. Some have as little as 12%.

HOW THE HELL IS A FISH FINGER THAT'S ONLY 60% FISH NOT RUBBISH?! :bangin::lol::ban:

It's weird how this thread has taken a bizarre turn towards being about fish fingers. I assume at least 25% is breadcrumbs.

Anyway, it still sort of makes sense that I should sell, mainly because I need to pull myself out of a little hole, and 6 months without a loan to pay, extortionate fuel bills etc will definitely help do that. What makes you think that zeds will get more expensive in 6 months time? surely they will keep getting a little cheaper no?

:blink::blink:

I did think about doing something to make some money on the side, but seeing as my only area of expertise is in science I can't really do anything on the side to make any money :thumbdown:

Well I have been thinking for a while now that I might sell my lovely zed. It is the hardest decision to make! I have only owned it since June last year but I am fed up with not being able to afford things, like food. I have decided that I will probably sell up, save for 6 months and then look into buying another at the start of next year.

It seems to make sense, though I wish it didn't...

:thumbdown:

It may be depressing but if you have to shop at lidl etc to afford your zed, you can't afford your zed. Cut out luxuries such as booze smoking sky tv etc, but to start cutting down the food bill (unless you blowing £1000 a month at Waitrose every month) is a step too far in my opinion. A car is just a car, no matter what car it is.

Don't worry Sarnie, things aren't that bad. I still eat good food (but I smoke roll ups now, haha).

I'm fed up with having to scrape to find money for stag nights, holiday spending money etc. I am due a promotion soon that would pull me out of this but my boss won't pull his finger out. Pain in the bum.

It may be depressing but if you have to shop at lidl etc to afford your zed, you can't afford your zed. Cut out luxuries such as booze smoking sky tv etc, but to start cutting down the food bill (unless you blowing £1000 a month at Waitrose every month) is a step too far in my opinion. A car is just a car, no matter what car it is.

on a serious note, i agree with this :)

on a serious note, i agree with this :)

+ 2

Although i would explore all avenues first, i.e. Selling kids, missus on the game, sell a kidney etc...

:byebye:

It's a issue we all have to face sometimes, what price your enjoyment??? You really got to be enthusiastic to run a big engine nowadays, I can at times remember myself having to sell my pride and joy because the misses wanted something frivellous like...mmmm.. what was it now... oh yes! curtains!! and a toilet that flushed and bed linen and a washing machine..!!!!!

I gotta tell ya them things couldn't hold a candle to my dear old Pontaic, I wept when she went down the road...I wept even more when I bought the curtains. But all said and done a blokes gotta do what a blokes gotta do to keep the wolves from the door better to have nothing and be debt free than have a yard full of metal with no money for petrol.

Sometimes it sharpens the interest in something else. :shrug:

Im well into pies atm....

Brilliant!

the whole pie post has made my day :lol:

This made me chuckle when I first read it too but I didn't want to mention and hurt the fat pie munchers feelings. :lol::lol:

But now we have started - who ate all the pies who ate all the pies.... :lol:

:blush:

Well I have been thinking for a while now that I might sell my lovely zed. It is the hardest decision to make! I have only owned it since June last year but I am fed up with not being able to afford things, like food. I have decided that I will probably sell up, save for 6 months and then look into buying another at the start of next year.

It seems to make sense, though I wish it didn't...

:thumbdown:

Don't knock Lidl - it's my supermarket of choice! They have the finest sausages this side of the Rhine!

all.... we need to focus on the poor guy selling the Z.... not the Fish content of fish fingers and the feeling you get when you buy curtains!!

but it's quite funny how much these threads go off topic! haha

:clap:

:lol: well i do love my pies! I even got bought a pie maker for my birthday a few months back!

I used to always shop at Tesco, but having moved house recently I now have an Asda, Iceland, Netto and a Lidl all within walking distance of my house, so I thought id give them a go. Its amazing how much money you can save through changing your supermarket. Obviously some things are cheaper in one place than another and vice versa.

Running a zed isnt cheap tho, and the OP will find he`ll save himself a lot of cash if he swaps for a more economical car, but cars like the zed arent always quick sellers as they arent everyones cup of tea.

Speaking of zeds being not so cheap I just worked out that between repairs and depreciation I have lost £11,000 in 2.5 years and 30k miles :yahoo: I'm going to have a drink tonight now :drunk:

and about 8,000 on fuel...

2,000 on insurance...

LA LA LA LA not listening anymore