My Ultra Yellow GT4 No.43

Beavis

After 5 years of ownership i am toying with the idea of selling my beloved zed after the summer (September time). Been on my mind for weeks now and its been doing my head in how i would actually go about this!

Sell the Nismo wheels/ Nismo exhaust seperately? ( I have the original GT4 wheels,exhaust, rear lights, side sills to return the car back to its standard factory spec). Or do i sell the car as a job lot with everything included? Which is the original GT4 wheels (still like new) and exhaust, mrev2/Motordyne thermal spacer, Nismo B-pillar covers, rear led lights, car cover, etc.etc? :shrug:

The car as done just over 18k (mainly dry miles) and as a full Nissan (Holdcrofts) service history. Never been used in the winter and as never seen snow or ice in the time i have owned it! But last year i only did 1700 miles in her so this is the reason that after 5 years i have these thoughts going through my head. Infact the last two winters have seen the car sorned for 6 months! :blush:

Please do not at this time pm me with any offers on the car or any parts because my decision is not yet final and i have no idea of a price's for anything yet :)

The LM-GT4 nismo wheels are still as new as is the nismo exhaust. :)

_DS32942.jpg

Sorry to hear this Beavis :console: I think your car is stunning B)

If it was me I would price the car without the Wheels and Zorst, then if someone wants them as well they maybe you can do a deal or sell them separately :thumbs:

Have you thought about getting something else instead then?

Ditto that, but I'd try selling it as is first at a "premium price", it might be you find someone who deosn't want to go through all the "modding" processes, if you don't then revert to standard and sell the "add ons" separately. I'd b happy to have either set of wheels B)

Sorry to hear this Beavis :console: I think your car is stunning B)

If it was me I would price the car without the Wheels and Zorst, then if someone wants them as well they maybe you can do a deal or sell them separately :thumbs:

Have you thought about getting something else instead then?

Unless you can find someone that wants the car as it is and will pay a premium for how you have cared for it then I would sell the bits separately. Even after all the care and attention is only worth what someone is going to pay for it, good luck with the same if you decide to go that way.

Please don't take it the wrong way but have you really had that much enjoyment from the car?

It certainly looked stunning in the flesh in Wales that's for sure B)

Dave think about the price you want to realise. To get anywhere near that figure you'll need to part it out.

Also the figure that it would actually sell for, is probably way below what you would list for, so if you still enjoy it and don't need the money, keep it. :thumbs:

Thanks for the comment and input guys. :thumbs:

Nothing set in stone yet but i have to admit to thinking of selling this time round quite alot :blush:

But why? There must be a reason.....have you seen something else?

No not seen nothing really. Just feel that i am using the car less and less as time goes by, so may be i am thinking its time to sell :shrug:

5 years is a record for me to own a car :lol:

Thanks for the comment and input guys. :thumbs:

Nothing set in stone yet but i have to admit to thinking of selling this time round quite alot :blush:

But why? There must be a reason.....have you seen something else?

No not seen nothing really. Just feel that i am using the car less and less as time goes by, so may be i am thinking its time to sell :shrug:

5 years is a record for me to own a car :lol:

What difference does it make then if you are using it less? As long as it's there when you want it, and still enjoy it, keep it :thumbs:

No question that 350's will become one of the all-time classics and yours is one of the best GT4's around. :#1:

Unless you have to sell it I would say keep it as an 'investment' because in a few years time I have no doubt that prices will start going back up - seeing that Bonhams thread recently just shows you what a really good classic and some not that 'old', like the Lancia Integrale in the right spec will fetch, even in difficult financial times.

No question that 350's will become one of the all-time classics and yours is one of the best GT4's around. :#1:

Unless you have to sell it I would say keep it as an 'investment' because in a few years time I have no doubt that prices will start going back up - seeing that Bonhams thread recently just shows you what a really good classic and some not that 'old', like the Lancia Integrale in the right spec will fetch, even in difficult financial times.

this is true,

my mum owns a MGBGT V8, and isnt worth that much even tho there is less than 1000 on the road still (driven or undriven). but the the MGC is now worth mega bucks. in excess of £20k!!

when she was restoring both the MGBGT 1.9 and the MGBGT V8 you could pick up a "C" for about 3 grand. as it was a less desirable car at the time.

i do believe that the "350z" will be a classic of some sort in the future.

this is true,

my mum owns a MGBGT V8, and isnt worth that much even tho there is less than 1000 on the road still (driven or undriven). but the the MGC is now worth mega bucks. in excess of £20k!!

when she was restoring both the MGBGT 1.9 and the MGBGT V8 you could pick up a "C" for about 3 grand. as it was a less desirable car at the time.

i do believe that the "350z" will be a classic of some sort in the future.

Good point, the MGC was something of a disaster for British Leyland, overweight, overpriced, handled like a pig and needed a lot of attention to keep it on the road, consequently very few were sold. Cars that sold badly or fell apart very quickly are the ones that become classics very quickly because of the rarity value more than anything else. It'll be a long time before the Zed becomes a classic as they're less likely to scrapped in large numbers for many years yet. GT4's are a special case though, very limited numbers built, a classic for sure :thumbs:

Pete

zed won't be a classic, and if it did it has a long time to wait, yes its a nice car but not a future classic. cult car maybe,

as for selling

dave i reckon yours must be one of the last remaining garage queens, it will not have a nicer home in its life than the time with you. and sadly the price won't be a true reflection of its actual value due to general prices coming down.

who ever buys it will get an almost new example of the car.

but please strip it before sale, the exhaust alone will net you a tidy profit, as would the wheels,

I don't think a massed produced car like the zed has got a cat in hell's chance of becoming a classic :blush:

I'm sure the same was said of many of the 'massed produced' ones on here when they were relatively young :shrug:

http://www.bonhams.com/cgi-bin/public.s ... oodpreview

Colin, you can't compare Ferrari F40's and classic Aston Martins, to mass produced Nissans, of which there are ten's of thousands of teenagers in America alone, driving them around as their first cars!!!

It's a good car, yes, but let's not get short sighted here.