Real world MPG.......

manphibian

I bet this has been asked loads of times, but as the search engine doesn't do 3 letter words like MPG, i'm going to ask it again :p

So i have a short 20 minute rush hour commute to work, based on your experience, what's a realistic MPG figure for short trips like that?

I know what you're going to say, "if you're worried about mpg, get a diesel, a-hole!" :lol: and i'm not that bothered, but obviously there's a big difference between 18mpg and say, if it was 5mpg :)

Drive it hard around Milton keynes (roundabouts every half mile and no traffic :teeth: ) and get about 15-18 mpg, On long motorway journeys averaging 80/90 will get you around the 28-30 mpg.

Its not Bad to be honest! :yahoo:

I've got a 10/15 minute drive to work and then use it for the for a bit of driving locally - hour up to see the rents - ~5/6K per year and since buying the car (almost 5 years now) i've averaged 22.7 mpg. I have noticed it getting worse over the last year or so - now I struggle to get 33mpg @80 on the motorway, its nearer 30mpg

im currently doin an 8 mile trip to work, so im getting 24/25 MPG, and thats slow moving traffic for about 2 of those miles.

but at the end of the month, im moving house, and moving job.....on the same day, so will be reducing to 2000 miles a year, and the trip to work is a nice cruise to work.

9 miles each way.

5 of those miles are on the East Lancs (A Road) which is 50mph but is a mixture of that and traffic.

4 of the miles are stop starting in traffic on a bad day, or 20-30mph in average traffic on a good day.

Average between 22-24mpg depending on traffic.

I got 38mpg the other day on a trip to Liverpool, but this was because the motorway was congested and I was doing a steady 55-60 mph. Normal motorway driving i'm getting about 30-35 depending on speed. Round town about 20, spirited drives drink the fuel.

I'd say you'll be looking at anywhere between mid to high teens and low to mid twenties depending on how you drive. As the others have said, rag it and it will be sub 20, take it easy on motorway and you'll see 30+, anything inbetween can give well - anything inbetween! Its quite frugal for what it is though if you keep the momentum up and dont prod at the throttle ;)

It really was a pleasant surprise the mpg for a 3.5/3.7l V6 :) Coming from a RX8 and having another 100bhp to play with, it made sense if I wanted to still have a sports car. Interesting that the TT is similar to the RX8 (on a good day!).

It's alo worth bearing in mind that the better looked after and serviced car, will always deliver good mpg (except an RX8 :lol: )

But it always comes down to, if you have to worry about mpg, not that I'm saying you are but generally, it' the wrong car.

26mpg for me, thats 90miles of motorway driving, cruising at 50 or 80 depending upon the traffic with a few spirited acceleration moments.

If you just sit there on a motorway doing 80 you can push it up nearer to the 30mpg mark.

Interesting ive done over 200miles in a 370z roadster today and thats giving me the same mpg as my 350z roadster.

26mpg for me, thats 90miles of motorway driving, cruising at 50 or 80 depending upon the traffic with a few spirited acceleration moments.

If you just sit there on a motorway doing 80 you can push it up nearer to the 30mpg mark.

Interesting ive done over 200miles in a 370z roadster today and thats giving me the same mpg as my 350z roadster.

if you do the speed limit you can get it over 30 mpg ;)

I'm finding my 370z is giving the same MPG as my 350z did - not bad for ~240HP (wheels) vs ~310HP (hub) :yahoo: