Show me your spacers......

manphibian

Just wondering what spacers look best on the z.... haven't got my Z yet, but i've noticed that pretty much every Z i've seen has the wheels tragically disappearing into the arches :scare: maybe because i've come from the VAG scene...

So it would be great if you could show me what spacers you have.....

Cheers :D

Lazy :lol:
:lol::lol:

Oh go on then..... any chance for a bit of pic whoring......

This is with No Spacers........

spacers_none_01.JPG

spacers_none_02.JPG

This is with 20/20 Spacers......

spacers_20-20-01.JPG

spacers_20-20-02.JPG

spacers_20-20-03.JPG

And finally this is 20/25 Spacers

spacers_20-25-01.JPG

spacers_20-25-02.JPG

spacers_20-25-03.JPG

B)B)B)

....is that better Wasso :lol:

There isn't really any noticeable difference in terms of handling, it is more about the looks. I spent a fair while researching whether there had been issues after they had been fitted but I didn't find anything that stopped me going ahead and getting them.

As for fitting, it depends what type of spacers you get and what size. I bought Eibach hubcentric ones that you bolt to the hub and then bolt your wheel to the spacer. Very easy to do, 15 minute job and all sorted. Other types require replacement for longer bolts. If you contact CS or Zmanalex they will be able to supply what you need.

Love the look of mine now, just need to get some photo's on here.

Is there any difference/problem with the handling with spacers fitted? I presume you need to fit longer wheel studs??

Some people say yes and some say no :shrug: Personally I have not really noticed any difference in handling. The Eibach ones have studs on, so you just bolt them on to the hub, then bolt your wheel to the studs on the spacer. :thumbs:

EIBACH_SPACER.jpg

You can get ones which do not have studs on, in which case you will need longer ones to fit on your car

DSC04818.jpg

I have 20mm spacers all round but at a offset of +15 so the wheels are in line with the arch.

I went for the longer studs method as it is cheaper to be honest, and then 4 hubcentric spacers. Changing the studs over took some time but got there in the end, and it was well worth it.

Also steering does become a bit more sharp I think, and the wheels can wander when turning, but I think this is more due to having wide tyres on them (265 front and 285 rear)

• 2 weeks later...
Do you think I could get away with 30mm rears and 25mm fronts with standard RAYS and a standard suspension setup?

If you fit 25mms on the front then it'll rub now and again, I would think 22 or 23 is the maximum with a standard suspension. Caroline has 20mm spacers on the rear of her Roadster but the offset of the wheels she has on means the equivalent of 28mm and they do stick out a bit (but no rubbing).

Pete

Do you think I could get away with 30mm rears and 25mm fronts with standard RAYS and a standard suspension setup?

If you fit 25mms on the front then it'll rub now and again, I would think 22 or 23 is the maximum with a standard suspension. Caroline has 20mm spacers on the rear of her Roadster but the offset of the wheels she has on means the equivalent of 28mm and they do stick out a bit (but no rubbing).

Pete

Thanks for your reply mate. :thumbs:

My car is at standard height and will stay like this permanently on standard RAYS. (due to the nature of my driveway)

I want the largest stance possible on both front and rear but with no rubbing at all.

What's the largest size I can go without them looking odd or rubbing the arches?

Thanks!!

• 2 months later...