350z coming next

Hi members,just joined your forum and looking to swop to a ZED shortly.Currently a member of the MLR evo forum,had my EVO 8 4 1/2 years and modified it from standard 260bhp to 500+ now.Feel the need for a change and return to RWD fun,hoping to change to a black 350z and a nice set of wheels and hopefully stop at that for a while.Modding becomes addictive as you all know and spent far too much on the EVO.I live in Mansfield and TADDYS black 350 is what swung me to a 350 he lives on same estate and it's a great looking/sounding ZED.Cheers DES B)

I live in Mansfield and TADDYS black 350 is what swung me to a 350 he lives on same estate and it's a great looking/sounding ZED.Cheers DES B)

Hi Des and Welcome :wave: ... you are right to like TADDY'S car :thumbs: .... he's a good guy too :#1:

:welcome: Hi mate i came from an evo 7 fq 300 i do miss it hope you like the zed :)

Hi Tony.i'm sure i'll miss the performance of the EVO but feel it's time for a change.How do you find the running costs compared to the EVO?

Welcome!

I think you`ll find the zed seriously slow compared to the EVO. And I know you think you`ll keep it stock, but you wont. Im the same... you think.. i`ll just slip on a different exhaust... then its air filters... then you start eyeing up a super charger...... and before you know it, you may as well just have kept the EVO in the first place!!!

Running cost wise, depends on how you drive it etc. I use mine for work every day and I get about 24->25mpg out of it. It costs me about £20 a day in fuel. Mines 2007 so road tax is £440 a year. Servicing is cheap as I can do that myself. Other than that insurance will vary. Cheapest I found was about the £700 mark, which came in at £200 more than an M3 or a Porsche Boxter, but was about £200 cheaper than a 2006 EVO. (im nearly 40, been driving for 20 years, have 18 years ncb).

Other than that insurance will vary. Cheapest I found was about the £700 mark, which came in at £200 more than an M3 or a Porsche Boxter, but was about £200 cheaper than a 2006 EVO. (im nearly 40, been driving for 20 years, have 18 years ncb).

yikes_anim.gif £350 here with swiftcover.

Welcome to the club :wave:

As others have said, I think you'll find the zed very slow. Have you driven one yet?

If you really think that the lack of power won't bother you then you'll find the zed great to drive, but I fear for your wallet, as if not, the Zed is pretty pricey HP per £ on the mods.

Have you considered one that has been FI'd ? Either a supercharger or turbo. Getting one that someone else has spent the money on if definitely the way to go in my opinion. A circa 400hp Zed should keep you interested and is a joy to drive. :)

Welcome to the club :wave:

As others have said, I think you'll find the zed very slow. Have you driven one yet?

If you really think that the lack of power won't bother you then you'll find the zed great to drive, but I fear for your wallet, as if not, the Zed is pretty pricey HP per £ on the mods.

Have you considered one that has been FI'd ? Either a supercharger or turbo. Getting one that someone else has spent the money on if definitely the way to go in my opinion. A circa 400hp Zed should keep you interested and is a joy to drive. :)

I agree a modded ZED would be a better bet for me,only driven my mates car for a quick 5 minute blast but enjoyed it.To be honest all the cars i've driven feel slow compared to my 500+bhp evo,but a quick blast of boost in 2nd and 3rd and your the wrong side of 100mph and only a matter of time before the rozzers catch me.Think a bit of comfort and style will suit me know i'm 40 :lol:

Welcome!

I think you`ll find the zed seriously slow compared to the EVO. And I know you think you`ll keep it stock, but you wont. Im the same... you think.. i`ll just slip on a different exhaust... then its air filters... then you start eyeing up a super charger...... and before you know it, you may as well just have kept the EVO in the first place!!!

Running cost wise, depends on how you drive it etc. I use mine for work every day and I get about 24->25mpg out of it. It costs me about £20 a day in fuel. Mines 2007 so road tax is £440 a year. Servicing is cheap as I can do that myself. Other than that insurance will vary. Cheapest I found was about the £700 mark, which came in at £200 more than an M3 or a Porsche Boxter, but was about £200 cheaper than a 2006 EVO. (im nearly 40, been driving for 20 years, have 18 years ncb).

Was planning on alloys,exhaust and filter only.Use my evo every day and just put £60 petrol in thats for 160miles.Paying £700 insurance with all mods declared so 350Z should be cheaper.Planning on a earlier car as not paying £440 tax :scare: