350z and astra VXR

MadGrip

Wow. Some of the comments here are hilarious :lol:

Makes me glad I got out of the Z when I did, its only a matter of time before some of these newbs make headlines for the wrong reasons :dry:

Only a bit of fun... if its allowed? :shrug:

I think Lexx has summed it up better than I could in the post above :)

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't take it so personally mate. You wouldbe be better spening supercharger money on driver experience and drive the car as it is really well rather than get heaps of power and not know what to do with it.

Dont worry dude I wasn't :) I realise I dug myself a bit of a hole with the fiesta post, (hindsight eh?), and was expecting a ribbing once the comparison had been drawn to my s/c thread.. an airsoft forum I'm on you always get these kids posting up how they have just started airsoft and then they post a thread asking how to make their gun be the most powerful/awesome when they dont even really know the sport yet! I have done that on here now, so if anyone was preparing to go nuts at me I was just saying I'd rather they do it via PM!

Also, I know it doesn't exactly help my position, but one of the reasons I was asking about supercharger builds on the cheap is because the money I've budgeted to spend on the car is cut short by the money I've budgeted to spend on driver training days!

Don't worry, give it a few months and my noob-ness will wear off! (by the way, I'm pretty young to own a Zed, and I'm sure that a lot of what I say and do is similar to the Chav owners you all despise, but I'm not a Chav, just an idiot!)

Don't be too hard on yourself....if I could supercharge the zed well for £5k I would do it. Nothing wrong with researching and asking the questions - that's what this forum is all about. You will also find that most people on here are very friendly and helpful - so don't worry about being attacked over one post. It's fairly unlikely to happy.

However, increasingly we are seeing members on here that are buying into zed ownership and thinking that they will be invincible. When they realise that it is not the case, they jump to FI without giving it much thought. Nevermind the argument of driveability over straight line speed.

P.s. whats airsoft? :lol:

BB guns :thumbs:

Haha, yeah basically. If you like paintball, give it a try! But realistic guns and they perform a lot better too!

If you look it up and enjoy the sound of it, give me a PM, it's always nice to get new players into the sport!

( :offtopic: )

:lol: Aye right, so you can shoot my ass down for my comments on here. :lol:

If I have, then I apologize if I have offended anyone!

All I was trying to say is that the astra VXR is a good car, but I now prefer the Z.

Also that the VXR220 turbo was the best VXR that vauxhall produced both on the road and track, including the VXR8! :)

All I was trying to say is that the astra VXR is a good car, but I now prefer the Z.

Also that the VXR220 turbo was the best VXR that vauxhall produced both on the road and track, including the VXR8! :)

Vauxhall didn't "produce" the VXR8 though ;)

Vauxhall didn't "produce" the VXR8 though ;)

Sorry my mistake, meant to say " that Vauxhall sold" :wacko:

Haha i hope that i dont come under that comment of the few that think their 350 is invincible.. I can say ive lost a good few races/drags. Im not a newbie i just dont use forums as much anymore.. My other car would wipe the floor with my Z, I only say what i know, and have proved. Its all a bit of fun and banter.

I actually bought the Z expecting it to be slower, i was pleasently surpried, and after a few good mods, it can hold its own for sure..

Ive not posted much on this forum but i can see a fair amount of sarcasm and patronizing floating about...

Take it easy guys :)

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit. Unless you're good at it, in which case it becomes the most powerful weapon in a lexical ninja's arsenal. ;)

Tbh I'm pretty impressed with the way this thread has gone, this kind of thing normally goes downhill very quickly and had I gotten here earlier I'd probably have locked it after the first post to stop it getting out of hand. Credit where credit's due folks, you can behave yourselves when everyone's away :thumbs::lol:

I had a bog standard Astra 1.8 and considered going for a VXR but so glad I didn't. 350z has kudos, Astra VXR's look like any other road car out there, no one double takes an Astra no matter how much turbo power is bolted to it. Performance wise for a VXR unless you are will to go stage 2 or 3 on tuning which starts running into £3k+ you are going to max out at around 250bhp. The older Zed can quickly get itself up to 300bhp for half that cost (exhaust spacer remap). I also found the Astra's to be what I call 'soul-less', they just lack that gusto and character. Never for one second have I regretted going for a Zed over any hot hatch.

Vauxhall do a chip for the vxr astra that gives an extra 50bhp for less than that. I have a buddy who's running 310 out a vxr with a few minor upgrades and a remap.

Yeah I read about these chips on the Astra forum I was on, get him to check it as all it does is open up the fuel supply and floods the engine with too much fuel, a few people on the site complained of needing a complete engine rebuild...

The reason why i sold my VXR was that as soon as it dropped below 10k to own one all the local A holes had them.

:lol: not a disimiliar reason for why i sold my zed :lol: and this thread has only helped to prove/reinforce a point.

i wouldn't say A holes as i don't know all the new members on here, but i would possibly say younger and less experienced and even in some cases immature. which at the end of the day is not far off what i was like at that age. and would think alot of others possibly were too.

the point i'm trying to make is that we all do stupid things, but on this forum its a bit frowned upon to come on here and brag/boast about it. you'll end up getting a reputation on here as a bit of a tit and people won't take you seriously when you post. if you do something muppety, or like being a muppet. keep it to yourself. ;);)

The reason why i sold my VXR was that as soon as it dropped below 10k to own one all the local A holes had them.

:lol: not a disimiliar reason for why i sold my zed :lol: and this thread has only helped to prove/reinforce a point.

i wouldn't say A holes as i don't know all the new members on here, but i would possibly say younger and less experienced and even in some cases immature. which at the end of the day is not far off what i was like at that age. and would think alot of others possibly were too.

the point i'm trying to make is that we all do stupid things, but on this forum its a bit frowned upon to come on here and brag/boast about it. you'll end up getting a reputation on here as a bit of a tit and people won't take you seriously when you post. if you do something muppety, or like being a muppet. keep it to yourself. ;);)

Good point, sorry if ive offended anyone. When i said A holes i was referring to the local neds around were i live, who i know very well. Never once was i referring to anyone on this forum. Again apologies to anyone who took offence. I'll keep my opinions to myself from now on. :) First time ive been called a tit or a muppet though.

Good point, sorry if ive offended anyone. When i said A holes i was referring to the local neds around were i live, who i know very well. Never once was i referring to anyone on this forum. Again apologies to anyone who took offence. I'll keep my opinions to myself from now on. :) First time ive been called a tit or a muppet though.

Nobody called you a muppet, you tit :p

Good point, sorry if ive offended anyone. When i said A holes i was referring to the local neds around were i live, who i know very well. Never once was i referring to anyone on this forum.

Again apologies to anyone who took offence. I'll keep my opinions to myself from now on. :) First time ive been called a tit or a muppet though.

Nobody called you a muppet, you tit :p

I'm lost, only had 2 bottles of beer tonight. :dummy: Think i'll read the whole thread tomorrow again. Thought :bangin: Dont even know what i thought now. :lol:

stuarty the comment wasn't aimed at you.

i drew parallels from your moving on from the VXR to me moving on from the Zed.

the tit and muppet comments were aimed at our resident mad max road warriors :lol:

opionions are always welcome.

written format is always difficult to get the gauge of someone and their humour/personality. try not to take offense.

the tit and muppet comments were aimed at our resident mad max road warriors :lol:

written format is always difficult to get the gauge of someone and their humour/personality. try not to take offense.

Theres a lot of muppets and tits on here ;)

I think 99% of the things said on here are said in jest :)

:doh: Sorry mate. No offence taken. ;)